Foreign diplomats ask Thai media to respect social norms

Lite Beer

Often the biggest offenders are The BIB and Emergency responding teams aka body snatchers, their unethical and unprofessional approaches have made these types of pictures normal here, along with the moronic reenactments and BIB pointing shows.

The way I understand it is that when there's a story of interest like a murder, the police inform their press contacts who go to the scene for photos and information and pay for the story.

In the Thai language newspaper stories of a crime, the story always has the same format and starts with a member of the public reporting the incident to the local police station and then a long list of all the police who rushed to the scene, along with all their various ranks and titles. I guess seeing their names in print is part payback for the story.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but just about every other farang death in Thailand from eg a heart attack etc seems to be accompanied by a photo of the deceased almost naked at the scene in their underpants. The odds of that happening must be quite small. One often wonders if the body has not been rearranged for a more dramatic picture.

• Like 1

Now as a follow on the diplomats should be telling Thai officials, starting at the very top, not to make unauthorised comments on their behalf.

This may have been raised diplomatically behind the scenes but if the situation continues there must be a public disclosure at some point as I really don't see it stopping. It's almost automatic these days when foreign countries, organisations and companies are involved.

Definitely not diplomatic protocol.

• Like 1

This highlights how necessary it has become to stop Thais from their insensitive behaviour -

From the very beginning we have had to deal with pictures of this girl spread eagle with her face belted in with a hoe on the internet (Thanks to Thai police)

Even a Federal police friend in Australia commented ""These Thais are real ghouls"

Comments that are tasteless about Bikinis - wounded the families-

On And ON it goes weeks later still haunting the relations and other westerners who were shocked with their antics.

This is the diplomatic embarrassment these people needed.

They are just not developed sufficiently to even guess at that their mouths and actions are causing distress to civilised people

Edited by MJP

Just looking at The Daily Mail today they have a photo of the British drug overdose couple in India lying dead on their bed, suppose that's alright because it's from a UK newspaper and not a Thai one.