best way to download/record YouTube music video playlist on Windows PC or Android tablet ?

BKKdreaming

Hi

I would like to download a You tube video playlist of about 150 songs ,

I would like to have songs + video and then strip out the audio to put on an MP3 player and still have the video if I want to watch on tablet or laptop if I am bored !

I do not mind if I record it in real time , I could just let it run for 10 hours plus overnight.

I would also like to change the MP3 stereo to monaural so I only need 1 earbud and maybe make it lower quality ( Am radio smile.png ) as i have a tin ear anyway !

and maybe separate the songs so I can delete the ones I hate !

so is there a free program that will do this ?

Thanks for your help

Edited by BKKdreaming

My mate Wally uses the program ... Freemake Video Converter

freemake-video-converter-logo.png

He tells me this is their website ... http://www.freemake.com/

Maybe your mate Wally uses this free program for ripping videos of YouTube?

Free YouTube Downloader -

http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-75219434.html

Thank you Khun Digital Nomad for your input.

But no ... Wally reports that he uses the Freemake Video Converter.

Not that your suggestion is not a good one ... just that he reports that he doesn't use that program.

If you are able to mention where your suggestion is a better program then the one he says he uses, I'd be happy to pass those comments on.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to both me and the OP.

Options are always good to have ... thumbsup.gif

I do not think you can download content from YouTube, but you can record it in real time (streaming).

I have never tried recording video, but audio is straightforward with the free AUDACITY software.

Some very useful help pages with the program if you get stuck

Hope this helps some forum readers!

Thanks for the info so far

I was thinking that Google would probably not want an Android app to download YouTube and not watch the Google Ads

years ago I recorded an audio stream from AOL music , I just started it at night and turned it off in the morning , it was just a real long MP# and I was luck that I liked most of the songs ,

I still listen to them today !

But youtube has the commercials in the middle that you would need to cut out.......

anyway I will play with the ones "Wally" and his mates posted but would like to know others and an Android one or iPhone one

thanks

used to be able to download playlist video/ audio with many programs (in firefox) but they have now all dried up and no longer support. I think google changed the way the playlist is handled.

The easiest way to download a complete playlist from Youtube without downloading each video individually is:

From YoutubeSoft:

This software supports video playlist and music playlist download in multi-threading mode, just copy and paste the playlist URL and all the videos of the playlist will be added to download queue . The downloaded videos can be easily saved to any folder of your choice. The main panel shows all videos with status and progress bar, so you can easily see which one is completed and which one is still in the downloading process.

The software is easy to use, just copy and paste the URL for the video you want to download, sit back and wait for the download to complete in 4x faster speed. With this software, you can quickly download high-quality, high-definition and full HD videos or music from YouTube and enjoy them offline on other media players - TV, iPhone, iPad, MP4 Players, or MP3 players.

This software has built-in download accelerator to make use of your full internet bandwidth, up to 4 times faster or even more. Save, organize and manage downloaded videos for easy & offline access. Support major video format - mp4, mp3, flash(flv), WebM, 3gp for better viewing experience on other devices: iPad, iPhone, iPod, Galaxy, Kindle, Laptop, Touchpad, Smart TV, and many more. All these features are provided to you by this simple program with NO malware, NO spyware, NO Adware, NO Popups.

I tried the 4k download

the free version limits you to 25 songs on a playlist , but you can repeat it on other playlists from other people

the Pro version costs $10-$20 and allows more songs per download .

quality seems OK but I downloaded a mid range version to save space so I am sure its better if you want,

Will keep hunting for a free unlimited song program but this is a good start....thanks

I tried the 4k download

the free version limits you to 25 songs on a playlist , but you can repeat it on other playlists from other people

the Pro version costs $10-$20 and allows more songs per download .

quality seems OK but I downloaded a mid range version to save space so I am sure its better if you want,

Will keep hunting for a free unlimited song program but this is a good start....thanks

Go Pro! :)