Jerusalem car 'attack' kills baby

webfact

What's wrong with the BBC? Why did they put "terrorist" in quotes?

Because they like to be PC "left wing" apologists. Sadly, they now regard Palestinian terrorists as freedom fighters against right wing Israeli oppression. Nothing to do with news reporting. More to do with pushing the ideas of those in charge.

I may be wrong because I am basing my opinion only on the BBC articles posted in here, but that newspaper seems more like a sensationlist tabloid than an objective, credible news source the way the articles are written.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tension related to the topic here (not the entire history of the Israeli-Arab conflict) in Jerusalem continues and appears to be getting worse. An Arab boy with U.S. citizenship was about to throw a MOLOTOV COCKTAIL at traffic so he was shot dead by IDF soldiers. That's what happens when you throw Molotov cocktails. Arabs who want to protest Israeli policies, and they have every right, maybe someone should teach them about CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE? (No, "just" throwing rocks does not count as civil disobedience.) What they are doing now is not working for them. If anything, all it does it move Israeli politics even further to the right ... who wants to "negotiate" with people throwing Molotov cocktails at civilians?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The tension related to the topic here (not the entire history of the Israeli-Arab conflict) in Jerusalem continues and appears to be getting worse. An Arab boy with U.S. citizenship was about to throw a MOLOTOV COCKTAIL at traffic so he was shot dead by IDF soldiers. That's what happens when you throw Molotov cocktails. Arabs who want to protest Israeli policies, and they have every right, maybe someone should teach them about CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE? (No, "just" throwing rocks does not count as civil disobedience.) What they are doing now is not working for them. If anything, all it does it move Israeli politics even further to the right ... who wants to "negotiate" with people throwing Molotov cocktails at civilians?

Your statements are so matter of fact because I presume you are taking your information from western or Israeli media outlets.

The boys family as well as many witnesses say that the boy was holding and burning an israeli flag and when the IDF saw him they shot him in the head.

Very convenient for the IDF to say that he was about to launch a molotov cocktail, as a burning flag could be mistaken for a small bottle filled with petrol.

• Like 2

Your statements are so matter of fact because I presume you are taking your information from western or Israeli media outlets.

The boys family as well as many witnesses say that the boy was holding and burning an israeli flag and when the IDF saw him they shot him in the head.

Very convenient for the IDF to say that he was about to launch a molotov cocktail, as a burning flag could be mistaken for a small bottle filled with petrol.

Could also be true about the cocktail. Convenient or not.

I think its best we agree to disagree, did you watch the gatekeepers yet

As I have mentioned before I think numerous times, I saw it long ago and I recommend it.

Israeli society is a democracy and media criticizing government policies is allowed there.

Try to be an Arab in Gaza criticizing Hamas and see how many days you get to live.

I think its best we agree to disagree, did you watch the gatekeepers yet

As I have mentioned before I think numerous times, I saw it long ago and I recommend it.

Israeli society is a democracy and media criticizing government policies is allowed there.

Try to be an Arab in Gaza criticizing Hamas and see how many days you get to live.

I could go on all night going backwards and forwards with youu but im not going to bother, what I will say however is in my opinion Israel is not a democracy but a Theocracy. Edited by bigjules007
  • Like 2

So sorry, the actual name of the Ecuadorian young lady who was killed by the Arab car terrorist was Karen Yemima Muscara. It seems I got the name wrong before.

As people who are aware of history know, the Spanish expelled all of their Jews and many were forcefully "converted" to avoid expulsion or murder. Many of these people settled in South America where things were not so great either once the Spanish Inquisition came to town. It's an interesting history. Today, some people in South America are exploring their Jewish ancestry and some (not so many really) are deciding to make aliyah to the Jewish state. Judaism (the religion) traditionally is not based on converting people. However, in recent decades with so much intermarriage in the diaspora, many of the spouses of Jews have indeed converted so that is a change. A woman like the deceased Muscara who could not obviously prove direct Jewish ethnicity (a Jewish mother) had a different path than most other Jews seeking Aliyah.

Immigration based on ancestry isn't actually unusual in the world. For example, if you have some Italian ancestors you may be able to become an Italian! Momma mia!

Edited by Jingthing

...........yet another illegal immigrant into occupied Palestine.

"Charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500" ~ Willard

Upon scrutiny, all the idolisation of 'law' by Israel's detractors has as much depth as a child's paddling pool.

Juxtapose U.S diplomatic sources characterizing the murder as a traffic incident with the puffed up outrage and calls for an investigation when a PoS with dual American Palestinian citizenship was shot dead whilst chucking Molotov cocktails and you can see how far the current US administration has fallen.

• Like 1

Juxtapose U.S diplomatic sources characterizing the murder as a traffic incident with the puffed up outrage and calls for an investigation when a PoS with dual American Palestinian citizenship was shot dead whilst chucking Molotov cocktails and you can see how far the current US administration has fallen.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. Especially about the traffic incident rhetoric. But I think the demand for an investigation about the American citizen who was shot being accused of preparing to throw a Molotov cocktail is entirely appropriate. Isn't that what American citizens of all backgrounds expect?

But yes, it's no secret there is a rift now in U.S. - Israel relations. I doubt it is long term unless Rand Paul becomes the next president.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. Especially about the traffic incident rhetoric. But I think the demand for an investigation about the American citizen who was shot being accused of preparing to throw a Molotov cocktail is entirely appropriate. Isn't that what American citizens of all backgrounds expect?

But yes, it's no secret there is a rift now in U.S. - Israel relations. I doubt it is long term unless Rand Paul becomes the next president.

I hope the same reasoning applies to an American journalist killed in Turkey then.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/suspicion-hangs-over-death-of-u-s-journalist-in-turkey/

Fair enough. Something is definitely up. Frankly I blame Netanyahu more than Obama - Kerry for the rift. Netanyahu is not a particularly admirable politician.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Like I said, this rift is real, and this author agrees with me, the blame is mostly on Netanyahu.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/10/the-crisis-in-us-israel-relations-is-officially-here/382031/?single_page=true

The fault for this breakdown in relations can be assigned in good part to the junior partner in the relationship, Netanyahu, and in particular, to the behavior of his cabinet. Netanyahu has told several people I’ve spoken to in recent days that he has “written off” the Obama administration, and plans to speak directly to Congress and to the American people should an Iran nuclear deal be reached. For their part, Obama administration officials express, in the words of one official, a “red-hot anger” at Netanyahu for pursuing settlement policies on the West Bank, and building policies in Jerusalem, that they believe have fatally undermined Secretary of State John Kerry’s peace process.

Anyway, neither Netanyahu or Obama are going to be in the top jobs forever, so see what happens next.

There are plenty of writers who agree with Netanyahu's contempt for the Obama administration and its understanding of the Middle East. I certainly do. It sure looks like the Obama administration is trying to goad him into attacking Iran.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There are plenty of writers who agree with Netanyahu's contempt for the Obama administration and its understanding of the Middle East. I certainly do.

Understood, but Netanyahu's pushing for more west bank construction in the wake of the very bad international PR (deserved or not) from the recent Gaza war appears to be pretty idiotic, politically speaking, for foreign relations.

From from today's news. The Obama administration at its finest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WEINSTEIN: 5 Takeaways From Top Obama Official Calling Netanyahu ‘A Chickens**t’
12:23 AM 10/29/2014
JAMIE WEINSTEIN
Senior Editor
It’s probably safe to say that U.S.-Israel relations aren’t exactly at a high point.
In an article published Tuesday at The Atlantic by Jeffrey Goldberg, the Obama administration’s preferred conduit for all things Israel-related, an unnamed senior Obama administration official called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “a chickenshit.”
“The thing about Bibi is, he’s a chickenshit,” the official told Goldberg.

Another fatality from the terrorist car attack in the OP:

A young woman age 22, Luba Samri, a tourist from Ecuador, has now died.

According to Haaretz she was trying to convert to Judaism thus becoming yet another illegal immigrant into occupied Palestine. No doubt she would later have joined the IDF to oppress Palestinians further.

Amazing isn't it that an Ecuadorian can become a Jew and claim Israeli citizenship and residence, but 4 million Palestinian refugees who were actually born there cannot.

Can't you see where the Palestinian driver's frustration was coming from.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.622860

My understanding was the palastinan driver was a permanent resident of Israel and for thise PRs they have immediate access to Israeli citizenship of they want it, just like the 20% or so who are Arab Israelis (muslim) and another 5% percent being christians or other minor faiths.

I take your point about the refugees. The real politik of it means it ain't going to happen, and has always been a bit of a negotiable factor for the Palastinians. Jordan has granted citizenship to most if not all of the 1948 refugees but many sit in limbo elsewhere unfortunatly.

I don't care what citizenship status that Arab terrorist had. He's with the virgins now or so he thought ...

Calm down. I was addressing the 'so called' point of his frustration, which I find a bit amusing that someone is using that as an excuse when it in fact, wasn't. Not in his case.

• Like 1

I don't care what citizenship status that Arab terrorist had. He's with the virgins now or so he thought ...

Calm down. I was addressing the 'so called' point of his frustration, which I find a bit amusing that someone is using that as an excuse when it in fact, wasn't. Not in his case.
I'm calm. Jerusalem isn't.

"The Obama administration will no longer defend Israel at international organisations ahead of the Palestinian move toward statehood at the United Nation and the midterm Congressional elections on November 4," Goldberg reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/benjamin-netanyahu-is-a-chickenst-prime-minister-and-coward-says-us-official-9824745.html

The next paragraph suggests that Washington will veto a settlement resolution put forward by Palestinians. Obama still has to answer to the American people and there is a real likelihood that the democrats will lose the senate and that the republicans will keep the house. The Israel haters should not start counting their chickens yet.

• Like 2