Marriage vs retirement visa, whats the different requirements.

i thought marriage extensions were not all done at the local level?

he had to provide all the same papers ( an more this time) he has had to supply for the past 10 years!! How much time "do they need to consider and investigate the validity of the application" if its the same wife?

Seems like a waste of time to me

Public servants the world over are all the same.

Carlosm, on 23 Oct 2014 - 12:49, said:

Always makes me laugh, 65k/month for retirement visa supporting one person and 40k/month for marriage visa supporting two people.... where's the logic in that ???

What form do you need for retirement visa ? and does thaivisa have a tick list for things to take with you to immigration to get the visa ?

It is not a Visa. You enter Thailand on a Visa obtained from your home Country. At the end of the validity of that Visa if you want to remain in Thailand based on Retirement then you apply for an 'Extension of Stay - to remain in the Kingdom' - your Visa is dead.

You need Form TM7 to apply for an Extension of Stay.

All forms can be found and downloaded from here:http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

TV doesn't have a 'checklist' of documents to take, because at the end of the day the onus is on you to prove your application is genuine, and Immigration officers are also Police and have the right to ask for any form of proof or document if their suspicions are aroused.

This however is my own personal checklist:

1. Completed Form TM 7

2. Passport + Copy of Homepage showing given names / Passport number / Hologram etc, plus

- Current Visa or

- Extension or

- Last Entry Stamp

3. Tabian Ban + Copy if a homeowner

4. Copy of House owners Tabian Ban (If rented)

5. Copy of House owners ID card. (If rented)

6. Original Rental Agreement + Copy (If rented)

7. Map detailing Address + Copy

8. Original Medical Certificate + Copy

9. Original Proof of Funds – Passbook and/or Bank Statement + Copy

10. Original Letter from Bank confirming Funds + Copy

11. Passport photo (attached to TM 7 Form)

12. Original TM 6 Departure Card + Copy

Not every document on this list may be requested, that will depend on the Immigration Office, or the particular Immigration officer, but you should have everything at hand if requested.

• Like 1

Evilbaz, on 23 Oct 2014 - 16:53, said:

I registered with Phuket Immi my partner's tabien baan, ID and certification that I lived there in my house on the tabien baan copy some four years ago on my first extension based on retirement . I always carry a freshly certified and dated copy of this.

Do I now need to fill out some new forms at Phuket Immi come renewal time in December?

Can I obtain the forms prior to the visit as due to writing difficulties it would cause a big delay to complete them "on the spot"?

Can I please get the form numbers to collect them and complete them prior to my dreaded visit?

Why on earth is this a logical procedure when you have to report your address every 90 days and on that day of application ...?

You still need to complete the same form TM 7.

You can download any documents from here: :http://www.immigrati...p?page=download

Print the form off and fill it in at your leisure.

All periods of 'stay' in Thailand are limited to 90 days. Each year you have to renew your extension which has a 12 month validity, but you need to confirm your address every 90 days in order to activate the next 90 day stay. Failure to comply means your extension to stay becomes invalid, you become an illegal over stayer.

regarding your list:

They want the visa stamp and entry stamp, plus the re-entry stamp if you re-entered the country with a re-entry permit. Basically all Thai immigration stamps.

Copies of tabien baan/homeowner ID must be signed

There is no need for a medical certificate.

All periods of 'stay' in Thailand are limited to 90 days. Each year you have to renew your extension which has a 12 month validity, but you need to confirm your address every 90 days in order to activate the next 90 day stay. Failure to comply means your extension to stay becomes invalid, you become an illegal over stayer.

That is not correct.

You are writing about reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country. They are not extensions.

Your extension of stay is not dependent on you doing them. It is not an overstay. if you do not do them It is a max fine of 5000 baht for late reporting or not doing them.

Wrong information.

The 90 day report has nothing to do with the 12 month extension of stay.

They are two different things entirely.

how much does one have to put up for the "elite'' card?

Using extension of stay for education is a lot cheaper than the thai elite visa and only need to pay year at a time. Can pay for learning different languages.

If changes languages then possible to stay many years.

If no plans to work then this seems easier than extension of stay for marriage.

But if you travel outside Thailand a lot and impossible to claim attendance at school then might cause problems.

• 1 year later...

If you have the money it is easier as said. No need to worry.

The other direction (from retirement to married) may look a bit "suspicious" to the immi ("he does not have enough money any more").

KhunBENQ,

I am on a retirement 1 year visa, dueto be extended in March 2016.

I still do have the required 800 000 baht for 3 ,month (starting dec 2015) I have a pension in germany paid into my german bank there.

I withdraw money with my AM cards here, have aKasikorn bank account as well where I transfer money into

i will get now a letter from my german embassy about the monthly pension amount and combined with the difference to 800 000K baht get an extension of my retirement visa.

Should I change back someday to a married visa (married legally with my Thai wife and have 2 children) can I do a 90 day report by mail ? as i do now with my retirement visa.

I need soon the 400 000 K baht for my daughters education) shes at a Thai university.

Retirement visa requirement is 800 000 Baht, married visa is 400 000 baht as we all know

Edited by kraxlhuber

what document I need for retirement extension when I

stay in the house of my wife ( not married - but with kids )

Rental contract,

or is it ok, when my name in the blue hausebook ?

or both ?

Rental contract and go with yoour (wife) and better take a pic with both of you in front of house

better o have your own Yellow Tambian Baan book, you can get it from the Amphoe, with 2 neighbors or family and the Puyai Baan has to go there too on appointment, minimal cost, great benefit, thai drivers license, application for 30 baht hospital and free medication and hospitalisation (locally) or transport to a better hospital in the next city etc.

you cannot be entered in the Blue Tambian Book even when married,

the embassy of your home- country gives you a letter of residence, valid for 1 year on request

take a letter written by you or gf, take the rental contract or if you stay in the house of wife/girlfriend let her sign it

Download all required paperwork for retirement extension, Thai immigration website tells you.

whistling.gif If you qualify for a marriage extension the immigration would prefer you to get it rather than a marriage extension.

Please note I used the word extension not VISA.

The reason that immigration would rather you had a retirement extension than a marriage extension is simply that from their point of view the paperwork required is easier and less paperwork is needed to get a retirement than a marriage extension.

So, from immigrations point of view, they have less work to do for a retirement extension than a marriage one.

That's why they like retirement extensions over marriage extensions.

I thought they lived for rules, bureaucracy and paperwork laugh.png

i will get now a letter from my german embassy about the monthly pension amount and combined with the difference to 800 000K baht get an extension of my retirement visa.

Just be aware that more and more immigration offices expect - even for the combination method! - that the supplementing money (amount) has to be in the account during the three months before application. This is not written in the rules but seems immigration decided to change the rule.

Should I change back someday to a married visa (married legally with my Thai wife and have 2 children) can I do a 90 day report by mail ? as i do now with my retirement visa.

90 day report is completely independent from the kind of extension, no change.

What about the situation where you're living in a house that you don't own but not paying rent either? I surely can't be the only person in this situation. What documentation is then required in relation to your residence location?

In my particular case, the house I am living in belongs to my daughter but she is not charging me rent (which I think is only fair since I supported her financially for the first 25 years of her life, including paying for her university education). She also doesn't live in Thailand so it would be tricky (though not totally impossible) to get her to sign documents here.

I am only recently retired and here on an O-A visa (just did my first 90-day report) so I have around 9 months till I need to apply for an extension of stay but I'd like to plan ahead.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer