Drivers license

fdbob

I tried to renew mine only last week - motorbike. My license states I am a license holder in the UK but it was in the paper section as an update to my issued license. Because it wasn't shown on the plastic picture part, I was instructed to get the paper part translated and stamped by my embassy !

I live 9 hours from Bangkok and I am damned if I am gonna go all the way there to do this. I tried to abide by the law and renew my license for 5 years. Unfortunately these are the new rules and she wasn't bending them.

Times are a-changing. sad.png

Look to the pinned topic at the top of this page.

Heaps of reports on what you need.

I did mine only a few weeks ago.

What you need depends on what Centre you apply at and your personal circumstances (Visa etc)

What's a pinned topic sorry

Look to the pinned topic at the top of this page.

Heaps of reports on what you need.

I did mine only a few weeks ago.

What you need depends on what Centre you apply at and your personal circumstances (Visa etc)

What's a pinned topic sorry

Mate ... here is the link to that ... just click it ... applying-for-1-5-year-thai-driving-licences Maybe read the opening page or two, then skip to page 40 or so because the last 10 or 15 pages have the latest experiences.

Often, in Thailand, we face similar issues and ask the question.

When that question gets asked several times and requires similar information, the question gets 'Pinned'.

So, open this link thailand-motor-forum and at the top of the page you will see the 'Pinned' topics. They are in Green.

Same with almost all the Sub-Forum here on Thai Visa.

Hope that helps.

Hello all, not to get to far off topic, but are foreigners allowed to drive trucks (18 wheelers) in Thailand and if so what type of licensing process one must go through, I ask this because I will be moving soon to live in Thailand for some time with the wife and son and help with the family sand business, we will be doing delivery so I would be driving some time (not full time) is this possible or allowed in Thailand? thanks.

Hello all, not to get to far off topic, but are foreigners allowed to drive trucks (18 wheelers) in Thailand and if so what type of licensing process one must go through, I ask this because I will be moving soon to live in Thailand for some time with the wife and son and help with the family sand business, we will be doing delivery so I would be driving some time (not full time) is this possible or allowed in Thailand? thanks.

Not possible nor allowed.