British police arrive in Thailand to observe Koh Tao murder probe

webfact

I'm not sure if this is correct. CSI La seems to be saying that Nomsod has been arrested and that Hannah was shot in the head.

Interesting. And may I say finally this had been released then.
Lozza where are you seeing this I can't seem to locate.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is correct. CSI La seems to be saying that Nomsod has been arrested and that Hannah was shot in the head.

Lozza where are you seeing this I can't seem to locate.

If it is true the Brit police will have that "up their sleeve", 100% sure about that.........thumbsup.gif

I just spoke this morning with a friend of mine in USA. He is a tropical horticulturist who has visited Thailand for 20+ years working with university persons and Thai government officials. He was way up on the past news of floods and coups as he has visited Thailand during such troubled times. He watches every day the US version of BBC and NHK Nightly news on free US public television.

I asked him what he knew about the recent murders on Koh Tao. He said: Nothing ... the murders have not been mentioned on those 2 broadcasts.

And that makes you,the army,the RTP,Nomsod and Mon happy

but your happiness will not last forever

• Like 1

I just spoke this morning with a friend of mine in USA. He is a tropical horticulturist who has visited Thailand for 20+ years working with university persons and Thai government officials. He was way up on the past news of floods and coups as he has visited Thailand during such troubled times. He watches every day the US version of BBC and NHK Nightly news on free US public television.

I asked him what he knew about the recent murders on Koh Tao. He said: Nothing ... the murders have not been mentioned on those 2 broadcasts.

This situation is very different in the UK as that's where the victims came from. Everyone knows about this case.

I was discussing this with my 70 year old mother on the phone yesterday and she was well aware of it. Her main news sources are national and regional TV news in the UK and the local newspaper.

Khaosod reporting the British police travelled by helicopter to Koh Tao earlier today. They were reportedly shown around the crime scene and the area where the phone was found before attending a thirty minute meeting.

No link sorry (Thai language Khaosod, not the English one)

Khaosod reporting the British police travelled by helicopter to Koh Tao earlier today. They were reportedly shown around the crime scene and the area where the phone was found before attending a thirty minute meeting.

No link sorry (Thai language Khaosod, not the English one)

Koh Tao has the area for a helipad?

I wonder if anyone was expecting them. Would have blown residents minds seeing the constabulary off load from a helicopter. Pleased to hear that the coppers can "observe" the actual crime scene :)

thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif @ Number 3

Re 352: Remember it was Bangkok bib that removed the colonel in charge of the investigation when the truth started to appear.

On the 24th Sept, the already identified suspects reported on the 23rd, were suddenly not suspects anymore. Would these dates correspond closely to the BKK bib taking over?

Yup.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

True tidbit: I had a break-in at the 2nd story of my Thai house. Cops arrived. I showed them muddy boot prints on a white outside wall - where the thief had likely climbed up an adjoining tree. Police grinned and waved it away as inconsequential. Inspector Clouseaus, they aren't.

didn't you mean to say "ARE"?

You're right. I forgot: Clouseau was a bumbler. How about this:

"Inspector Poirots they aren't"

Poirot better to be sure; but wasn't the thing about Clouseau that he got also his man in the end? Speaking of books/movies, not the cartoon!

• Like 1

I find it interesting that some writers believe that having the British police here will be a waste of time. I would imagine these officers are the best of the best under strict orders from the PM, and if you think that a bunch of Thai police can hinder their technical investigation I think you been in Thailand to long. For one thing the new Thai PM is clever enough the best in years will open any means to properly solve this case. It's 2014 and if Thailand is to be taken seriouly on a world stage then they will learn and not hinden, after Billions of $$$ are at stake. The world is watching especially the ASEAN partners, it time Thailand wakes up, there's more to making a society and economy grow then just screwing tourist. Stop importing cheap China products, education the people and create jobs. India declared yesterday to stop the influx of China products which is causing lost of jobs.

So, I think you'll find a few more police with all of the decorations and ribbions on their shirt fired. Every cop in Thailand has a paratrooper jump pin on their chest, bullshit. Where do they buy these things. Teachers dressing like military officers, who dresses these people.

The point being International attention to this case and false sense of being special here in Thailand with vanish, its just a country with many many problems and the outside is coming, like it or not.

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth...................coffee1.gif

Do you have anything to contribute other than these one-liner dismissals of others' posts? Maybe something based on experience, fact, that kind of thing?

Happy? I just noted that this case has not received the universal attention that everyone on here presumes. I was rather surprised that my friend -- who will be her next summer for a world-wide horticultural conference --had not heard of it and that it is not covered in the 30 minute BBC evening newscast.

Someday this case is going to be over ... then what'll you do?

Happy? I just noted that this case has not received the universal attention that everyone on here presumes. I was rather surprised that my friend -- who will be her next summer for a world-wide horticultural conference --had not heard of it and that it is not covered in the 30 minute BBC evening newscast.

Don't know what country your in but it was on BBC news and SKY news this week? It as also been in the papers most weeks!

So one general somyot is on sick leave. Do we know this for sure of has he

Simply failed to not show up for duties ? Will he ever be heard from again ?

General panya - anyone heard of his actual whereabouts as well ? Both in undisclosed safe houses now I would bet.

If this case is solveld and over

I will celebrate the execution of the real slaughtermen

I think was this case is over, regardless of the outcome, there's going to be a big let down from guys who'll have no case to wax upon when they get up in the morning.

BTW this is what I wrote on 10 OCT 2014. Seems to me nothing much has changed: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767223-suspects-in-koh-tao-backpacker-murders-retract-confessions-says-official/page-6#entry8513442

Edited by JLCrab

CSI LA has posted the claims and as I have difficulty with the site I can't find it now..it was mentioned that it was on the scottish news. I looked there and nothing. I also went to the Scotland Yard site and nothing.

Someone suggested it may have been a theory from a Thai poster..the gun bothers me a little. Recently the police showed a gun supposedly found in a Myanmars hut.

From what I could read on CSI, majority are saying the shooting sounds more plausible and would explain blood and (can't say it) on the rocks.

If you go to timeline on the site you may see it tucked away.

What to think of Nomsod if he really does leave the country. That will do his reputation no good at all. I guess its already taking a battering anyway, guilty or not.

I think the poor kid is being poorly advised if he does leave. His phone records on that night would prove his innocence. Sad that his girlfriend also said he was missing in action on the 15th on her Facebook page. Guess she couldn't help her breaking heart and had to post. I'm surprised she didn't just go and track him down at uni. That's women for you though, they can be evil when they sense something amiss.

His lawyer could have helped a bit more by releasing the actual video footage from his apartment but I guess at the time and needing proof quickly a still photo was probably enough. Poor little bloke just can't seem to take a break from those around him. Even his cousin posting on her Facebook page that she was with him was just trying to show her love for him and protect his reputation and prove his innocence. Just silly that she was in Pattaya but love for your family sometimes can make you those things.

I really hope he doesn't leave the country, the monsters out there will say that he is running away and hiding and thus proves his guilt. That of course would be nonsense as he could probably do with a holiday right about now.

I think you should stay Nomsod, apologise to the jilted girlfriend, flowers perhaps and dont worry about these nasty people on the internet dragging your reputation for the rest of your life through the mud. What do they know anyway. Just change your phone number and start fresh. Don't forget the flowers.

He hasn't been jilted..he was photographed a few days ago lunching with her. Looked like he didn't have a care in the world.

A few thugs were there drinking they must be the bodyguards.

All on CSI folks what a treasure trove.

What to think of Nomsod if he really does leave the country. That will do his reputation no good at all. I guess its already taking a battering anyway, guilty or not.

I think the poor kid is being poorly advised if he does leave. His phone records on that night would prove his innocence. Sad that his girlfriend also said he was missing in action on the 15th on her Facebook page. Guess she couldn't help her breaking heart and had to post. I'm surprised she didn't just go and track him down at uni. That's women for you though, they can be evil when they sense something amiss.

His lawyer could have helped a bit more by releasing the actual video footage from his apartment but I guess at the time and needing proof quickly a still photo was probably enough. Poor little bloke just can't seem to take a break from those around him. Even his cousin posting on her Facebook page that she was with him was just trying to show her love for him and protect his reputation and prove his innocence. Just silly that she was in Pattaya but love for your family sometimes can make you those things.

I really hope he doesn't leave the country, the monsters out there will say that he is running away and hiding and thus proves his guilt. That of course would be nonsense as he could probably do with a holiday right about now.

I think you should stay Nomsod, apologise to the jilted girlfriend, flowers perhaps and dont worry about these nasty people on the internet dragging your reputation for the rest of your life through the mud. What do they know anyway. Just change your phone number and start fresh. Don't forget the flowers.

He hasn't been jilted..he was photographed a few days ago lunching with her. Looked like he didn't have a care in the world.

A few thugs were there drinking they must be the bodyguards.

All on CSI folks what a treasure trove.

It is indeed a treasure trove but, mixed amongst those precious jewels and metals is a vast amount of conjecture

which posters are putting forward as fact.

CSI LA have done a fantastic job but, the site tends to get overexcited at times, particularly its posters, and rumour becomes

accepted fact very quickly.

Unless the admin of the page posts something, it is better not too give too much credibility as there are

just as many conspiracy theorists there as here!!

^^It's an English language only forum. Sadly, there was a good piece in The Manager we couldn't link because of this, the link on CSI LA.

I tried giving a speech in Thai once and the audience thought they'd attended a Star Trek convention.

Good to know ...."the manager"... Hint received :) cheers mjp.

Can you help me know the hint.

Sorry didnt get it.

The manager,

^^It's an English language only forum. Sadly, there was a good piece in The Manager we couldn't link because of this, the link on CSI LA.

I tried giving a speech in Thai once and the audience thought they'd attended a Star Trek convention.

Good to know ...."the manager"... Hint received smile.png cheers mjp.

Sorry didnt get it.

The manager,

The Manager is a newspaper published in the Thai language. We can't link it here because this is an English language forum.

Sorry didnt get it.

The manager,

The Manager is a newspaper published in the Thai language. We can't link it here because this is an English language forum.

But the Guardian UK newspaper does have the translation. Check their site or look for my link earlier.

Link to the manger translation. Burmese men accused of Koh Tao murders ‘confessed after death threats’

Father says Thai police tortured son and co-accused, arrested over death of Britons Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/24/burmese-men-koh-tao-murders-confessed-death-threats-thai-police-torture-claims

The Guardian has the translation, link posted earlier.

Hooray!!!

Post it again please Dennis.

Meanwhile Pol Colonel Apichart Boonsrirote, acting Surat Thani police commander, said he would propose setting up a police station on Koh Tao to provide more security for tourists on the island.

If approved, the new station could be established in the fiscal year that started this month.

He added that more police had been deployed to Koh Tao to bolster the island's seven-strong contingent, as well as vehicles and support equipment to strengthen security there.

One doesn't know whether to laugh or cry! It doesn't matter many coppers there are if they are all corrupt and totally inept.

Security for tourists .. making all the right noises now aren't we?

Maybe you missed what you posted.

No full police station on the island.

7 officers.

And people suggest such dire things.... Safe house... ETC