Non O Visa with a thai child at vientante

Hello,

I just want to share my "positive" experience with my Non O Visa application at Vientane. I successfully received my Non O 90 days. Hopefully I can get the 1 year extension. I have a 2 years old Thai child and I am not married to the mother but we live together as a family. I attached the following documents:

- Copy of child birth certificate (states me as father)

- Copy of child tambien baan

- Court order which states me as legal father

- Copy of the mothers passbook

- Copy of the mothers tambien baan,

- Copy of the mothers id card and

The officer didn't asked me any questions. My wife attended with me but she was also not questioned.

You can only get a 60 day extension.

For a 1 year extension you will need to legitimize the child through the courts. You could do that, it would take about 3 to 4 months and than you can get 1 year extensions of stay based on your child.

See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

For a 1 year extension you will need to legitimize the child through the courts. You could do that, it would take about 3 to 4 months and than you can get 1 year extensions of stay based on your child.

See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

Mario2008

what is the demands to get an extension of stay based on your own child, is it the very same as for marriage-extension??

Glegolo

You must be the legal father and live with the child.

There is one small difference, as in case of money in the bank the money does not have to be seasoned at all, which it does need to be based on marriage.

thank you Mario2008

Glegolo

Oops I think you missed this in the OP " Court order which states me as legal father".

But in order to get the one extension he will also need documents from the Amphoe that the court order directs they do.

Yes I call my GF my wife. cheesy.gif sorry this has been established over the years.

Thank you mario. This is exactly what I have already. I have the cord order which states me as father.