Less public enthusiasm expected for the year's second vegetarian period

webfact

Less public enthusiasm expected for the year's second vegetarian period

BANGKOK, 24 October 2014 (NNT) – Not as many people are expected to partake in the second period of vegetarian festival that will kick off today, compared to the first period that began last month, according to food vendors.

Workers at several Chinese temples have finished preparing the raw materials and other amenities for use during the 2nd vegetarian festival period. Not many temples that hosted the vegetarian festival during the first period are preparing for the second period in the same manner, due to the expected drop in the enthusiasm level among members of the public.

In Suratthani, vegetarian food vendors have already set up their stalls in front of the province's central stadium. However, the vendors said they will not be making as much food compared to what they did during the first vegetarian period, as they expect fewer people to abandon meat this time around.

The vegetarian festival, observed by many Thais of Chinese descent and the general public, normally takes place once a year over a single span. The timing of the festival is based on the Chinese calendar, and it will be another 132 years before a 'double' vegetarian festival comes about again.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-24 footer_n.gif

" Not as many people are expected to partake in the second period of vegetarian festival that will kick off today, compared to the first period that began last month, according to food vendors."

Yeah well, that's what happens when you sell vegetarians food contaminated with animal produce.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Many of the people are still resting at home suffering from anemia.

It's a fact that meat eaters suffer more from anemia and most other diseases than vegetarians do. In fact, meat eaters are a particularly unhealthy bunch. Just look around you. And for some of you, just look in the mirror. But it's your choice, so good luck with the cancer and heart disease.

Vegetarian, yuk. Man can not live on lettuce. Get me a cow wipe it's behind, knock the horns off and throw that meat dripping in blood on my plate. A piece of bland lettuce, give me a break

What has living on lettuce got to do with being a vegetarian? I'm not vegetarian myself but have some friends that are and their food is pretty awesome compared to most meat eaters I know. Vegetarian food is quite tasty. I have it often.

• Like 1

I am not a vegeterian, but i do look forward to this festival every year.

It's a good change from the usual eat's where im at.

The food is very tasty and i have gotten to know the vendor's who

make the food each year, as the same one's return each year.

A good vegeterian meal every so often, will do you good.

Many of the people are still resting at home suffering from anemia.

It's a fact that meat eaters suffer more from anemia and most other diseases than vegetarians do. In fact, meat eaters are a particularly unhealthy bunch. Just look around you. And for some of you, just look in the mirror. But it's your choice, so good luck with the cancer and heart disease.

Most the vegetarians I know of are fat and unhealthy just like everyone around them - few exercise anymore then others do - One relative was told by a doctor to just feed the kid some meat and milk he is sickly - they practice it as a religion complete with temple - dad would not allow it so mom had to feed it to him behind his back. Proper diet and exercise with or without some vegetarianism is the same result. Modern vegetarianism is a enterprise that sells book in the west. Use your eye teeth in moderation and get some exercise - cut out most the salt and sugar. I don't touch red meat or shell fish and eat mostly greens - I still have some health issues with age but will likely be around well beyond the set average life expectancy. If it is true that vegetarians in the wide are healther - I would bet it is another factor which is likely, perhaps more concern for fitness that put them on to it in the first place and the fitness is the main factor that drives that number rather then the fact they eat no meat at all. Besides my joke is a barb at some vegetarian sorts that are sort of like bible trumpeters. Do as you like - Still alive and well Wow! that is like Cream and Winters but it works.biggrin.png

I am not a vegeterian, but i do look forward to this festival every year.

It's a good change from the usual eat's where im at.

The food is very tasty and i have gotten to know the vendor's who

make the food each year, as the same one's return each year.

A good vegeterian meal every so often, will do you good.

I actually find vegetarian food very bland and lacking in taste, it is fine if if there is nice big medium cooked steak on the side to add flavour and use my teeth as intended.

Vegetarian, yuk. Man can not live on lettuce. Get me a cow wipe it's behind, knock the horns off and throw that meat dripping in blood on my plate. A piece of bland lettuce, give me a break

What has living on lettuce got to do with being a vegetarian? I'm not vegetarian myself but have some friends that are and their food is pretty awesome compared to most meat eaters I know. Vegetarian food is quite tasty. I have it often.

It shows what all that meat eating does for your brain cells doesn't it if you end up thinking vegetarians live on lettuce.

There are lots of fully functioning veggies out there my daughter in the UK being one and myself as another when I'm there although I do admit to fish very occasionally and I suspect there are some animal products that slip in sometimes. There are many famous ones as well some of who are vegans.