Limit to back-to-back tourist visas?

I remember I read a report on this forum about people with tourist visas being denied entry.

I have two double-entry tourist visas (from Vientiane) in my passport. Is it possible to get a third one without a problem? Not sure if there is a maximum number or a crackdown in this regard.

Thanks for any advice!

The only verified reports of anybody being denied entry with a tourist visa was in the south a few months ago and was people that had a lot of exempt entries before getting a a tourist visa.

You should be able to get a 3rd 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane but you might get a stamp stating you will need a financial proof and proof of residence in Thailand to get another one.

• Like 2

I get shouted down for this often - it's called 'unsubstantiated' - by I think you're going to face problems with it; especially if you have i/o's and excemptions. I sure had a lot of troubles with it, in Vientienne, and all over the region. They can shout me down for saying it, but I was told very clearly 1, 2...'maybe 3'...'maybe'. It also didn't matter the distance between them, either.

• Like 1

In Vientane you can apply with an agent and give him copies of the statements, etc. That will put the clerk on the right track already.

In Savannakhet not many problems have been reported ever.

There is people staying for many years on tourist visa.

• Like 1

In Vientane you can apply with an agent and give him copies of the statements, etc. That will put the clerk on the right track already.

Savanakhet was exactly the place which told me 'no more than 3, ever'.

• Like 1

Savanakhet was exactly the place which told me 'no more than 3, ever'.

Yet there is people that gets them.

• Like 1

Paz, do you believe that an agent is always best for this process i.e. providing financial statements, etc. to prove that one is not working illegally in Thailand?

• Like 1

Got 3 doubles with extension, 1 single with extension too, no problem so far, got them all in Savannakhet, all back to back.

When I applied last time he just checked quickly my passport which was already quite full, but he didn't seem impressed and all went smoothly.

Moreover, if they think you have asked too much at the same place, then they'll put a red stamp saying something like "we grant you this visa, but please do not come here again to apply".

Since you didn't any warning yet, I guess you should be ok.

Make sure you have 20 000 B in cash to show when re-entering thailand...they didn't ask me last time, they have other things to do..but who knows, on a boring day they might :-)

• Like 2

Paz, do you believe that an agent is always best for this process i.e. providing financial statements, etc. to prove that one is not working illegally in Thailand?

Not always, only in Vientane when you want your application to have the very best chances to be approved.

As always, Ubonjoe is absolutely right! I wish he would start a company to handle visa for us all!

Not really. I spent the entire day yesterday attempting a 90 day visa waiver as advised on this forum. My circumstances are that I am involved in protracted legal proceedings. After presenting the application handwritten THREE times together with THREE copies of passport THREE photographs and THREE copies of the letter of confirmation from the Attorney General I was told to 'go to the front desk and extend my visa for 30 days. You can come and go, no problem' blink.png

Knew it was too good to be true ...

As always, Ubonjoe is absolutely right! I wish he would start a company to handle visa for us all!

Not really. I spent the entire day yesterday attempting a 90 day visa waiver as advised on this forum. My circumstances are that I am involved in protracted legal proceedings. After presenting the application handwritten THREE times together with THREE copies of passport THREE photographs and THREE copies of the letter of confirmation from the Attorney General I was told to 'go to the front desk and extend my visa for 30 days. You can come and go, no problem' blink.png

I don't know how you expected to get a visa waiver without going to a border crossing or flying out and back.

You were apparently trying to get an extension of stay based upon being involved in litigation.

Whether they grant it or not depends upon the type of court case you are involved in. Apparently something was not correct in your application in order to be meet the requirements for the extension.

I don't know how you expected to get a visa waiver without going to a border crossing or flying out and back.

You were apparently trying to get an extension of stay based upon being involved in litigation.

Whether they grant it or not depends upon the type of court case you are involved in. Apparently something was not correct in your application in order to be meet the requirements for the extension.

The information you received was correct. That your local immigration office doesn't want to honour your request is another matter.

With the new rules as of 29 August immigration has become stricter regarding this type of extension, they don't want people to abuse it. This might have prompted the officer to tell you to just get another visa exempt entry.

Extensions for this reason are given for up to 90 days, the immigration office can decide to give you a shorter time than 90 days.

Read his reply to your post! He was right.

The only verified reports of anybody being denied entry with a tourist visa was in the south a few months ago and was people that had a lot of exempt entries before getting a a tourist visa.

You should be able to get a 3rd 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane but you might get a stamp stating you will need a financial proof and proof of residence in Thailand to get another one.

What do mean when you say "proof of residence"? I am just wondering if you show them you have an apartment here would they not consider you are more than a tourist?

Until now i am the Second Time on a Triple entry Visa (both in manila applied ) before I had an APEC card but that one is now a year expired.

My next trip will be to Laos where I spent a week any chance to get a triple there ?

Everything I have ever read says that Manila DOES NOT DO TRIPLE ENTRY tourist visas. Are you 100% sure and how recently? Also what did you have to provide to apply? I would really like to know as I will be applying there soon.

What do mean when you say "proof of residence"? I am just wondering if you show them you have an apartment here would they not consider you are more than a tourist?

Yes, I still don't understand this but yeah it says proof of residence in Thailand. To me this is just screaming that you probably aren't a tourist but TIT.

@jthai

I was there Last April and showed them my outbound Europe September ticket. But I guess I am just a lucky guy I also read some negative post here - which either teaches to don't believe everything 100% guys post in here- sometimes it is better to just try your luck with a clear mind and in a polite way. Maybe in my favor was the fact that this was my first real tourist visa ever even I spent 2 years on APEC visa in the country. Fact is I got it and I will try it this time in Laos again.

@jthai

I was there Last April and showed them my outbound Europe September ticket. But I guess I am just a lucky guy I also read some negative post here - which either teaches to don't believe everything 100% guys post in here- sometimes it is better to just try your luck with a clear mind and in a polite way. Maybe in my favor was the fact that this was my first real tourist visa ever even I spent 2 years on APEC visa in the country. Fact is I got it and I will try it this time in Laos again.

Yes, I still don't understand this but yeah it says proof of residence in Thailand. To me this is just screaming that you probably aren't a tourist but TIT.

So you think tourists have to stay in hotels for there entire trip no matter how long it is.

Many tourists rent condos, apartments, bungalows, houses and etc,

• Like 1

So you think tourists have to stay in hotels for there entire trip no matter how long it is.

Many tourists rent condos, apartments, bungalows, houses and etc,

I wouldn't bother persisting Ubonjoe—you're previous point is established and clear.