i have problem with my thyroid gland but thailand has no medicine

filgerman2014

There is thyroid extract, containing both T3 and T4 but it is extracted from pig thyroid and the ration of T3:T4 is excessive for human beings.

Thyroid-S. I've been taking it for years and tolerate it well. Maybe I am more pig than human.tongue.png

i second that. had my gland removed 20 years ago due to bad tumors..

tooked a while to adjust, with combination t4-t3 tablets.

no more t3 available in Thailand, before they had Tertroxine ( manufactured in Thailand)

was looking for substitute over a year. having difficulty with liver transforming T4 into T3, generating liver steatosis.

Finally i discovered Thyroid-S, pig extract, ideal dose for me = 3 grains

Now my feelings and body is balanced as never been better before... don't doubt it, try it...

@ Sheryl, There is no excessive amount T3 for human beings in these tablets, sorry to be blunt, but unless you are a life depending on those tablets patient... don't make those kind of statements...

The Thyroid S hormones are more natural then the synthetic ones and i don't experience any side effects as with the synthetics.

For me a life saver and highly recommendable

"Unless there is something wrong with the pituitary's ability to convert T4 to T3"

Very incorrect

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/the-pituitary-gland

"(which normally in Hashimoto's there is not), T4 should be fine. Most of the body's T3 comes from conversion from T4."

Most T3 is produced by the Thyroid gland ( immediate response action , adrenaline raise ) rest, of T3 needed, is converted by the liver ( long term need to function )

I repeat, most of the T3 in the body is produced by conversion from T4. To be exact, 80%; only about 20% is produced in the thyroid gland itself. Conversion of T4 to T3 is achieved through deiodination , and takes places in various body tissues including the brain and pituitary gland. Specific enzymes called deiodinases are required for this.

The body varies its conversation rate in response to its needs and unless this mechanism is not working properly it is best to allow the body to do this as it will do a much better job of ensuring proper T3 levels that exogenous T3 supplementation, which suppresses the natural T4 to T3 conversion and is problematic in other respects as well due the short action of T3 and the unpleasant (even dangerous) side effects of excess T3 .

The treatment of choice for hypothroidism is T4 replacement alone and most people will respond well to that...including those whose thyroids have been surgically removed or destroyed by radiation.

However, there is a minority of people in whom the T4 to T3 conversion does not work properly and they will need additional exogenous T3. Presumably the OP is in this group. The preferred treatment in this case is to separately administer T4 and T3, which is apparently what the OP was presecribed back home.

Unfortunately , T3 is not available in Thailand and the only preparation containing it is desiccated thyroid extract. This is far from the best treatment for several reasons:

• Thyroid extract has a 4:1 T4:T3 ratio whereas the normal ratio in humans is much higher at 11:1.
  • Desiccated thyroid preparations vary in exact T3 and T4 content from batch to batch.
  • Because the T3 and T4 are combined in one drug, and T3 has a very short half life, you cannot get a steady level of T3 with a daily dosing and you cannot safely dose more than once a day without getting too much T4.

However despite all these drawbacks, it is the only option at present to monotherapy with T4 and patients who do not respond to the latter have to use it. Should be done under the supervision of a good endocrinologist as finding the best dosage can be quite tricky, for the reasons just indicated.

People who respond well to T4 monotherapy should not switch. It is not more "natural" to take pig thyroid in uneven dosages and a higher T4:T3 ration than is physiologic in humans than to take a synthetic form of T4 in standardized doses normal for humans and allow the body's own natural mechanisms to convert it to T3 as needed.

The possibility of getting better clinical results from some type of combination T4/T3 supplementation, even in people whose thyroid panels are normal on T4 monotherapy, is the subject of ongoing research. Results have been inconsistent and contradictory so far.

I repeat, most of the T3 in the body is produced by conversion from T4. To be exact, 80%; only about 20% is produced in the thyroid gland itself. Conversion of T4 to T3 is achieved through deiodination , and takes places in various body tissues including the brain and pituitary gland. Specific enzymes called deiodinases are required for this.

The body varies its conversation rate in response to its needs and unless this mechanism is not working properly it is best to allow the body to do this as it will do a much better job of ensuring proper T3 levels that exogenous T3 supplementation, which suppresses the natural T4 to T3 conversion and is problematic in other respects as well due the short action of T3 and the unpleasant (even dangerous) side effects of excess T3 .

The treatment of choice for hypothroidism is T4 replacement alone and most people will respond well to that...including those whose thyroids have been surgically removed or destroyed by radiation.

However, there is a minority of people in whom the T4 to T3 conversion does not work properly and they will need additional exogenous T3. Presumably the OP is in this group. The preferred treatment in this case is to separately administer T4 and T3, which is apparently what the OP was presecribed back home.

Unfortunately , T3 is not available in Thailand and the only preparation containing it is desiccated thyroid extract. This is far from the best treatment for several reasons:

• Thyroid extract has a 4:1 T4:T3 ratio whereas the normal ratio in humans is much higher at 11:1.
  • Desiccated thyroid preparations vary in exact T3 and T4 content from batch to batch.
  • Because the T3 and T4 are combined in one drug, and T3 has a very short half life, you cannot get a steady level of T3 with a daily dosing and you cannot safely dose more than once a day without getting too much T4.

However despite all these drawbacks, it is the only option at present to monotherapy with T4 and patients who do not respond to the latter have to use it. Should be done under the supervision of a good endocrinologist as finding the best dosage can be quite tricky, for the reasons just indicated.

People who respond well to T4 monotherapy should not switch. It is not more "natural" to take pig thyroid in uneven dosages and a higher T4:T3 ration than is physiologic in humans than to take a synthetic form of T4 in standardized doses normal for humans and allow the body's own natural mechanisms to convert it to T3 as needed.

The possibility of getting better clinical results from some type of combination T4/T3 supplementation, even in people whose thyroid panels are normal on T4 monotherapy, is the subject of ongoing research. Results have been inconsistent and contradictory so far.

@ Sheryl, with all due respect, but, do you suffer from any form off hypothyroidism ? did you study or hold a doctor degree endocrinology ? or are you just quoting articles available on the internet ?

I urge you, don't give this kind of info without the proper links to the original websites, or without holding a doctors degree...

I quote you saying;

• "Because the T3 and T4 are combined in one drug, and T3 has a very short half life, you cannot get a steady level of T3 with a daily dosing and you cannot safely dose more than once a day without getting too much T4."
  • This again is an incorrect statement... as the body adjusts its levels of production, or even the conversion rate from T4 to T3. once you switch to a full dose from T4 and T3, your body will stop to produce its own, the only thing what matters is the level of active T3. the patient can adjust according to his or hers feelings. it only needs the correct timing to dose more then once a day, depending your intake of different kind of foods ( 2 hrs after a meal and at least wait 30 minutes for a meal as a rule of thumb )

Synthetic Combination tablets i did take before: Novothyral 100Mcg/20Mcg ratio T4/T3 nothing near 11-1

My dose now, with natural pig hormone is less then 60% from synthetic , values are much improved and within limits, liver steatosis gone, getting a good shape again and lost 15% body mass... The doctor whom i frequently ask, can not understand or coop with the facts he see's from the blood test he did perform. I feel good, am in a good health and can get really p****d of if i see wrong advice...

I do have hypothyroidism.

And I am a qualified health professional.

And I am sorry, but your second bullet makes no sense whatsoever ("as the body adjusts its levels of production, or even the conversion rate from T4 to T3. once you switch to a full dose from T4 and T3, your body will stop to produce its own, the only thing what matters is the level of active T3. the patient can adjust according to his or hers feelings."). In fact, I cannot even figure out what it is you are trying to say there.

I do have hypothyroidism.

And I am a qualified health professional.

And I am sorry, but your second bullet makes no sense whatsoever ("as the body adjusts its levels of production, or even the conversion rate from T4 to T3. once you switch to a full dose from T4 and T3, your body will stop to produce its own, the only thing what matters is the level of active T3. the patient can adjust according to his or hers feelings."). In fact, I cannot even figure out what it is you are trying to say there.

Since my native language is not english i will do my best to explain.

If an healthy person takes Thyroid hormones, his or hers body will react with decreasing the amount of hormones produced by itself.

Adjusting the extra dose just above the body's normal dose will generate a little "hyper", checking the TSH values will allow to balance within healthy limits.

Even with TSH values in Hyper level, does not mean that the metabolism is.

Checking on FT3 and FT4 will give conclusive results.

decreasing the amount of intake synthetic hormones will restart the production of hormones by the Thyroid gland again

There are no known medical issue's with this procedure.

Now, depending the reason of your Hypothyroidism you can do exactly the same. No need for checking TSH only, TSH can be hyper as much it wants, its the amount of T3-FT3, T4-FT4 that makes the game. depending your feelings and not according the doctors rules, you can adjust them within the normal levels, don't act on the TSH level. but act how you feel.

Using this Thyroid-S from Pig, its more soft and easy for your mood and your body, since it has far more resemblance with the natural hormone from your body.

Using the synthetic has the same side effects as pure alcohol, sometimes ( more then you would believe ) it slowly poisons your liver.

The doctor actually accused me being a hidden drinker... but since i don't drink at all....

Now to qualifications...

refrain yourself from making statements without the proper quotations and links to related articles.

Its much easier to believe and less discussed

I took BRANDNAME: Cytomel (Liothyronine Sodium)

But no hospital and no pharmacy has that.

or

Tiromel Cytomel T3 L-trilodine Sustanon Primabolan

http://www.hiwtc.com/photo/products/20/07/96/79671.jpg

Funny but I am staring at my bottle of T3-Ctomel 50mcg that i bought from my local pharmacy in Hua Hin I guess about 10 weeks ago as it looks to have about 25 left in the bottle.

I also agree that the porcine dessicated T3 is a good product and had good success with them in Australia

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is thyroid extract, containing both T3 and T4 but it is extracted from pig thyroid and the ration of T3:T4 is excessive for human beings.

Thyroid-S. I've been taking it for years and tolerate it well. Maybe I am more pig than human. alt=tongue.png>

Hi A friend from Europe mailed me and asked where to buy Thyroid-s and send to her. Pls any idea?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thyroid-S. I've been taking it for years and tolerate it well. Maybe I am more pig than human. alt=tongue.png>

Hi A friend from Europe mailed me and asked where to buy Thyroid-s and send to her. Pls any idea?

Contact the manufacturer directly.

http://www.sriprasit.com/en/contact/index.asp

Not knocking some of what seems great advice above, but suggest pop along to a reputable hospital with your documentation

& prognosis & I bet they will have something. Dosage is very important so do not believe too many quacks

Been there, almost did get killed and called a drunk ;-)

Just find yourself a good doctor who listen to you and is willing to try this medicine if you would like to try it...

If your doctor says he does not believe or not wants to prescribe them because he thinks... then change your doctor...

US knows this medication under the name "ARMOUR"

again, this medicine comes closer to the human hormone then the synthetic... and that is a proven fact...

Some people may benefit of or prefer pure synthetic, others might be helped with this PIG hormone...

Its all about the patient his appreciation ... not about what the doctor thinks...

I am hypothyroid. 3 years on Synthroid only made me worse. So I read Dr. Brownstein's books: Thyroid and Iodine. His father got better on Armour Thyroid (natural). The VA refused to prescribe, so i did some research and ordered it from Thailand. Got the Thiroyd from Greater Pharma. I have not noticed any difference on it either. Have tried Armour and Naturethroid. They recently doubled the price on both. Naturethroid is generic and a bit cheaper, but it tastes like sugar.

I found an interesting comparison between Thyroid-S and Thiroyd here. http://www.thyroid-s.com/what-is-the-difference-between-thyroid-s-and-thiroyd

After 30 years as a hypopit I can add only one thing to this thread. It's very important that when an individual is settled in on there dose they need to stay with the company and the dose exactly. If they have to change brands or doses they have to be reevaluated by a Dr.

After 30 years as a hypopit I can add only one thing to this thread. It's very important that when an individual is settled in on there dose they need to stay with the company and the dose exactly. If they have to change brands or doses they have to be reevaluated by a Dr.

if you have a good Dr. , then no problem,

But somehow the health system prevents them to prescribe the medicine which is best for each individual... They even stopped the medicine distribution i was on for years.

they want to administer the medicine "they" think is best and not any other.

I want to be an individual, not a mass product and surely not be treated as a mass product.

I want to have the freedom to choose, to choose the treatment which i find is best for me, the treatment i feel comfortable with, a treatment that keeps me up, not a treatment that brings me down...

Whoever suffers from thyroid problems, is aware about his emotions and the fatigue's...

I am hypothyroid. 3 years on Synthroid only made me worse. So I read Dr. Brownstein's books: Thyroid and Iodine. His father got better on Armour Thyroid (natural). The VA refused to prescribe, so i did some research and ordered it from Thailand. Got the Thiroyd from Greater Pharma. I have not noticed any difference on it either. Have tried Armour and Naturethroid. They recently doubled the price on both. Naturethroid is generic and a bit cheaper, but it tastes like sugar.

I found an interesting comparison between Thyroid-S and Thiroyd here. http://www.thyroid-s.com/what-is-the-difference-between-thyroid-s-and-thiroyd

Thailand, in the pharmacy, i pay per 1000 pills in a bottle, 650 Bath, for Thyroid-S that is.

a good pharmacy will order them for you.

Its manufactured in Thailand.

Armour Thyroid did not work for me at all. Also,my body does not convert T4 into T3 , so have to order that online. T3 not available here. Take Euthyrox & T3 but took me a long time to find right combo.

What is your medical condition , the reason why , you are on medication ?

As stated in earlier postings, each is an individual and should be treated as such.

Each individual needs its own medication, mostly based on that persons perception of his well-being.

In your case, a blind guess, how is your liver condition ?

Underactive thyroid gland...& also as I said my body doesn't convert T4 to T 3 hence the need to take T3 also. Liver function is fine.

strange situation, must be something with your receptor mechanism, registering presence of sufficient hormone, dough none present, i hope you feel fine with your medication and that you have a understanding doctor.

• 1 year later...

Please, can you help me? I live in europe and I take Thiroyd from Greater Pharma! I tottaly love it and just can't live without my daily dose. I'm going to Banguecok and probably stay for some time working... Where can I buy my medicine? Any specific pharmacie? How will it cost for a bottle of 1000pills? Do I need medical prescription? Thanks for your help

Yes. I take Thiroyd 60 mg and was trying to find out if I should take it with me or buy it there in Banguecok... If it's easy to find, doesn't need receipt and is inexpensive then I'll buy it there... Can you refer me to any pharmacy in particular? Thank you so much!

As I said, it is inexpensive, does not require a prescription, and most large pharmacies will have it.

Bangkok is a very large city with thousands of pharmacies. I can't suggest a specific one without knowing where in the city you will be.