Overcharges

Brit_Doggie

Yes no more of my custom in Nirun and a lot more say the same,my cigs at 7eleven are 37 baht but you chose the option to increase your price from 45 baht to 50 baht not to mention the other overall increases,i can believe that increase in uk but not asia,so what you gain is now your loss,many i see don't visit your shop anymore and have you actually given a thought to the many thai people who can only afford 2 cigs at a time,not that i'm a cheap charlie but i will help ya with that noose.

Bad start to the day mate?

Had to go a little longer for your first cigarette of the day?

Hull no i got a dog to do the 7 eleven zombie run,err i meant wife or sometimes i get cigs at 33 baht wholesale .

The increases were introduced as she holidayed and i was informed of them,and just making a point of my non presence at her doorway ever again.

Wow , why on earth would anyone smoke total $hit which costs 33 baht?

Can you not afford at least decent quality with some quality control cigs?

Seems odd to be talking about comparative value-for-money and "quality control" of something which will definitely poison you and (probably) shorten your life.

OP's gripe seems to be that his favourite ciggies, which cost 37 Baht at the 7/11, now cost 50 Baht at his local shop, which is a rip-off in anyone's book.

However, the local shopkeeper probably realises that he has a captive market. Those local smokers don't have enough wind to walk to the nearest 7/11.

Yes, I am a reformed smoker (cough).

Wow , why on earth would anyone smoke total $hit which costs 33 baht?

Can you not afford at least decent quality with some quality control cigs?

Seems odd to be talking about comparative value-for-money and "quality control" of something which will definitely poison you and (probably) shorten your life.

OP's gripe seems to be that his favourite ciggies, which cost 37 Baht at the 7/11, now cost 50 Baht at his local shop, which is a rip-off in anyone's book.

However, the local shopkeeper probably realises that he has a captive market. Those local smokers don't have enough wind to walk to the nearest 7/11.

Yes, I am a reformed smoker (cough).

There is a huge difference in quality of cigs and even bigger difference in how and where it's made. As a reformed smoker you should know this.

Cheapest Crap does not undergo any quality control because it's made from the worst and cheapest tobacco , cheapest chemicals and when packed , mainly packed with chemicals and hence so cheap .

Brands like davidoff, Cartier are expansive because company uses top quality products , hence less harm to the body ( as strange as it sounds) and most importantly person smokes less because cig does not burn as fast and has less chemicals.

Now shop selling for 50 is simply business and price of convenience , no matter how important OP sees himself , he lives in a ghetto, with plenty of buyers.

I am certain shop owner will survive without OP's patronage and his 10 baht.

Its amazing how cheap Charlie's always see themselves as some vip customer who makes the business .