Where to go on a family holiday in Pattaya?

Nadica

Hello everyone, we're about to go on a holiday in Pattaya for first time with our children. Can someone suggest in which area to look for accommodation? Somewhere not to noisy with nice beaches and good restaurants and resorts.

Thank you!

LennyW is right. Ban Amphur is the place. Silver Lake, Wonder Farm and the new Water Park are all close. You will need a car, but with luck (and some planning), you and your children will never see Pattaya city. The Ambassador Hotel is also an option, but don't expect to hear a word of English while you are there -- Добро.

Good place to take the family is Nong Nooch gardens, someone else on this forum will know how to spell it. They have the Elephant show and rides, they have a lot of other attraction out there and on the way there as well, including the Aquarium near the Floating Markets also on the way. Good time for the kids and yourself.

There are heaps of nice hotels in Pattaya with all you are asking for, just check a few out on the Web, or some TV members can give you some good info.

• Like 2

Lots of beach resorts on Na Jomtien Beach, south of Jomtien, including the Pinnacle Resort, and as already suggested by Lenny W, the Dor Shada and Ravindra, if you don't have your own transport you can make the use of the Baht buses on Sukhumvit highway. Some nice restaurants and and bars on the beach as well.

The Centara Grand Mirage on Wongamat Beach is also well away from the nightlife, and it has its own water park.

Jomtien has lots of hotels just across the road from the beach, the road is not nearly as busy as Pattaya Beach Road, and your not far away from Pattaya Water Park.

Birds and Bees Resort is family friendly, nice little beach just down the steps, nice children's pool, trampoline etc.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I'll go thru the web and take a look at the resorts. my oldest one is 8. I'm sure they will have fun. is there anything in particular i should be aware about ?

Ignore the above post is a good suggestion. smile.png

I'd stay away from Beach Rd if I were you (if your looking for a nice Beach that is).

Bang Saray & Ban Ampur are nice as suggested but not a lot of night life etc.

Edited by davethailand
  • Like 1

With young kids, I would suggest a day at Nong Nooch as mentioned above, a day trip over to Koh Larn (5 or 6 different beaches there), and a visit to Underwater World on Sukhumvit. Our grandkids (7 and 4) were here a few months back and loved every one of those.

Lots of beach resorts on Na Jomtien Beach, south of Jomtien, including the Pinnacle Resort, and as already suggested by Lenny W, the Dor Shada and Ravindra, if you don't have your own transport you can make the use of the Baht buses on Sukhumvit highway. Some nice restaurants and and bars on the beach as well.

The Centara Grand Mirage on Wongamat Beach is also well away from the nightlife, and it has its own water park.

Jomtien has lots of hotels just across the road from the beach, the road is not nearly as busy as Pattaya Beach Road, and your not far away from Pattaya Water Park.

Birds and Bees Resort is family friendly, nice little beach just down the steps, nice children's pool, trampoline etc.

Centara is a fantastic place for a family. Wonderful water park. Great facilities. Not cheap, but good quality and a nice beach out front. Easy to walk to many restaurants nearby. Away from the hustle and bustle of central Pattaya, but just a baht bus ride away for a trip to Central Festival, Buddha mountain, etc.

As below by WaywardWind, some decent hotels in the jomtiem area to stay where it's much quieter, and easy to use the baht bus to get into Pattaya to the shopping malls.

oh I'd avoid the beach in early morning, our kids used to get bouts of itching on the skin when swimming early morning, maybe they've sensitive skin, but not sure if it's the small jellyfish that's difficult to spot or whether it's some chemical that's discharged from some resort or something, not so bad during the daytime

quote "WaywardWind" With young kids, I would suggest a day at Nong Nooch as mentioned above, a day trip over to Koh Larn (5 or 6 different beaches there), and a visit to Underwater World on Sukhumvit. Our grandkids (7 and 4) were here a few months back and loved every one of those.

• Like 1

I've stayed at the Hilton, Centara, Amari, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, Dusit Thani (club room is great), Casuarina (budget), Cape Dara, Ibis, Pullman (shabby) with the family and most have been good. I reckon the Hilton is best, and Hard Rock had a lot of activities for the kids. Centara is a mess with add on charges, poor staff, pay as you go people coming in off the streets to swim in the pool and hog the pool chairs.

LennyW is right. Ban Amphur is the place. Silver Lake, Wonder Farm and the new Water Park are all close. You will need a car, but with luck (and some planning), you and your children will never see Pattaya city. The Ambassador Hotel is also an option, but don't expect to hear a word of English while you are there -- Добро.

WE are trying to keep this a secret !!!

• Like 1

Think very carefully about Pattaya for a family holiday.

Its not a place for a family holiday with thousands of prostitutes in hundreds of bars and hotels.

Beaches and swimming is not safe or clean with many vendors approaching all day selling almost everything.

Noisy everywhere with violence sometimes with guns often reported.

They drive like maniacs with no footpaths to walk on.

I lived there for 13 years {because it took 8 years to sell my house} so my opinion is based on experience.

Far better to go to Klaeng about 30 kilometres beyond Rayong, beautiful beaches, seafood restaurants, safe

on the roads with no prostitutes touting for business.

With a car you can easily have a trip in to Pattaya to the many places to visit.

But its not a place to stay with a family on holiday.

I now live in Chiang Mai.

Read the news on Pattaya by searching thaivisa.com

Good luck where ever you go

• Like 1

Nadica, there are NO nice places for families in Pattya, this place is full of drunks, pathetic males looking for "love" ,bar girls,scammers, any perversion you can think of is there. Take a ride on a jet ski & you can gaurantee you'll get hit with damages.

• Like 1

Its not a place for a family holiday with thousands of prostitutes in hundreds of bars and hotels.

Beaches and swimming is not safe or clean with many vendors approaching all day selling almost everything.

I lived there for 13 years {because it took 8 years to sell my house} so my opinion is based on experience.

Far better to go to Klaeng about 30 kilometres beyond Rayong, beautiful beaches, seafood restaurants, safe

With a car you can easily have a trip in to Pattaya to the many places to visit.

I never saw any prostitutes inside the hotels

Jomtien Beach your best bet. Many hotels. Try to get as far south down the beach to avoid the sewage from Pattaya. But the beach disappears if you go to far south. Use Google or Bing maps to get a birds eye view. I like to go to just south of Rayong to Hat mai lum poo beach. Very nice beach there but you will need a car and very little English spoken.

I never saw any prostitutes inside the hotels

That's because you were wearing a blindfold

If you want to see one in a hotel, simply open your eyes and look around for a moment.

One will be there, somewhere.

Of course, some of them think they are NOT prostitutes but in fact most of them really are

• Like 1

You would be comfortable with a high room in View Talay 2A in Jomtien close to all transport and the beach.

There are fresh food markets nearby and big market on the baht bus route near Tesco.

A great bigggg pool and lots of extras on site, including shops and restaurants on the ground floor.

We have rented there and always enjoyed the relaxed no bar girls environment..

Cheers Bunter... Pm me if you need details.

Sent from my SM-P605

Edited by Bunter

" Its not a place for a family holiday with thousands of prostitutes in hundreds of bars and hotels. "

really !! ..... wow ! ..... I wouldn't of thought that about Pattaya

inflammatory post removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.