Bank statement for extension of stay, origin of money requirement

I have some "old money" in thai bank account ( couple of millions ). It can be difficult to prove the origin of that money. Can I still use bank statement for extension of stay based on marriage or retirement?

I still have more than half year to decide which one to choose. But if I need to take my money out and wire transfer it back in again then I have to plan beforehand.

The money have accumulated during several years when I have visited here. Some I have taken as cash from abroad, some withdrawals from overseas accounts via local ATM etc. I can show withdrawals from my overseas accounts but I am afraid that is not good enough proof.

rolleyes.gif As they say it is not usually required.

But just so you know, your bank will have a code for incoming foreign currency transfers.

For Bangkok Bank that code is FTT.

That code is part of the entry for each transaction recorded in your passbook.

If you have a pattern of repeated monthly incoming foreign currency transfers in your Passbook it will show (using that example of Bangkok Bank) as monthly FTT entries.

I have had the immigration officer before make a photocopy of my bankbook, and then go over that copy underlining all the FTT entries in yellow..

She wanted to see those monthly incoming foreign currency entries in the bankbook.

She then put a note on it in Thai, and stapled it to my paperwork, which she then checked off as approved.

So you see, they do check, and they are not stupid.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

But he don't need any proof that the money came from abroad for his extension. And he don't need any FTT transfers in his bankbook. He will still get his extension if he meet the other requirements. He also have a couple of millions in his account. And they have been there very long time.

Edited by larsjohnsson