Presenting Income Docs for Extension of Stay

Once one has printed off the last three months of one's bank statements (and helpfully highlighted the monthly income figure which in my case would be retirement income) what if any is the specific validation of the printouts required?

I have to date: original award letter from retirement fund, a letter from the bank confirming that i hold the account relating to the printout.

Am I required to get something else from the British Embassy? If so, what? and what do they want fom me apart from the printouts? And what do they do with them other than stamp them as 'genuine'? is there a procedure for making such a request?

I have to date: original award letter from retirement fund, a letter from the bank confirming that i hold the account relating to the printout.

If you are combining your income, as verified by your embassy, plus bank balance at a Thai bank, you will need to sign each photocopied page from your bank book (as well as anything else you submit as photocopies, signifying that you are claiming them to be true copies) and the original bank manager's letter.

The embassy affidavit should be acceptable dated up to six months prior to your application, but the bank manager's letter is expected to be quite fresh. Supposedly within a week of application, but at some offices they will want it to be issued within the past day or two. And the balance as shown in the manager's letter must be EXACTLY the same as the last entry in your passbook.

At Jomtien I've used the following as a guide, although it may differ slightly from one office to another:

TM7 filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Best to print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper.

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

all prior extension stamps

original visa you used to enter the country and entry stamp

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original income affidavit from your embassy and/or original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances.

Good idea to bring along bank book & photocopies of pages even if you are using the income option.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien. Different offices have different views on this.

Download TM.7 here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

Edited by Suradit69