Thaksin, Yingluck visit Beijing

Lite Beer

Not sure what general you mean but I am certain that no current general has issued orders that killed 1400+ people for involvement in drugs that were in no way involved.

Do your homework.Why do you think the unelected elites have NEVER suggested Thaksin be prosecuted (at the time they were casting around for a reason to prosecute) for the drug war preferring instead to invoke some relatively trivial offence? Few would try to justify the wretched "war on drugs" and Thaklsin was primarily responsible as PM.But to ignore the level of popular support and more particularly the very clear involvement and encouragement from all levels (choosing my words carefully) is breathtakingly dishonest or ignorant or both.Those Thais involved or complicit though enemies of Thaksin know enough to keep quiet.Here today gone tomorrow foreigners apparently do not.

Why? Probably because the "unelected elite" take care of their own including that 'unelected elite' Thaksin.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what general you mean but I am certain that no current general has issued orders that killed 1400+ people for involvement in drugs that were in no way involved.

Do your homework.Why do you think the unelected elites have NEVER suggested Thaksin be prosecuted (at the time they were casting around for a reason to prosecute) for the drug war preferring instead to invoke some relatively trivial offence? Few would try to justify the wretched "war on drugs" and Thaklsin was primarily responsible as PM.But to ignore the level of popular support and more particularly the very clear involvement and encouragement from all levels (choosing my words carefully) is breathtakingly dishonest or ignorant or both.Those Thais involved or complicit though enemies of Thaksin know enough to keep quiet.Here today gone tomorrow foreigners apparently do not.

Why? Probably because the "unelected elite" take care of their own including that 'unelected elite' Thaksin.

He's being disingenuous again. He knows the reason Thaksin hasn't been indicted yet. A speech was given that...

Note,please : the yet.

And it was a Pol. Lt. Col. that issued the order.

Edited by jdinasia

For the past few years Taksin has not received the respect, honor, support, nor homage he seemed to feel owed/entitled/deserved, to and has spent and lost several billion by some learned groups accounts. He is serving his time in a lifestyle which is a drastic change from when he was parting from the till and dispersing taxpayer monies like it meant nothing to him ( it didn't)

Now he is a fugitive with no real hideout nor safe house to flee to, He probably cannot count the number of enemies he has made over the past 6 years much less in his public paid adventures he has entered into.over the past 25+_ years. This will be how he will live for quite some time, it would appear.

Some people who propose that a deserving, ''Individuals Hell'' is served here on this planet during their lifetme, may find that Taksin would/will not debate/argue that belief. He has not nor at present can not change the situation he has brought on himself, his family, his cronies and just about everyone he has even gotten involved in his scams.. The man has a knack for shi..ing in his own nest and then throwing it as far as possible and showering as many others as he is capable of reaching.

• Like 1

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Both Thaksin and Yingluck will, at some stage, return to the Premiership of Thailand.

The kid would also have to be odds on to sit in the big chair soon or later.

So 3 future Thai PM's travelling together is news.

Thaksin SHINAWATRA, the second most popular Thai alive today, that's who!

'Robespiere', everyone should have the right to express its personal opinions, the fact you are allowed to publish here your, IMO, twisted and biased political propaganda prosa in favour of your venerated Thaksin and his wishfull Shins' dynasty, proves by itself that there is individual freedom of expression today in Thailand.

Please allow me to make some comments about your alias here, and the knowledge of French History it seems to allude to:

1) Maybe it didn't catch your attention, but the name is Robespierre, with 2 'r's;

2) Maximilien-François-Isidore de Robespierre (1758-1794) was an attorney, like yourself, maybe.

3) During the French Revolution, he was at the helm of the Comité de Salut Public he had instituted, during what might have been the darkest period of time in French History, still rightfully called 'La Terreur' by the French, and he was beheaded in the same way he had sent so many people to their undeserved death.

4) He was a maddog, bloodthursty, certifiable lunatic 'massmurderer' who didn't tolerate any comment, contest or opposition, he physically eliminated every person not perfectly in line with his crazy theories, the easier so after succeeding in suppressing all procedures (legal and political), his attempts to gain control over 'la Convention' (the parliament of the time) was, luckily after only a few years of horror, fatal to him.

Can you please let us know whether this is really the kind of deviant character you want yourself to be associated with?

As for your idol and his 'Thaksin regime', let's come back to it another time, just let me end with the following 'pointe'(Fr.), from the great French 19th century writer Montesquieu, who inspired the French Revolution in its hopefull beginning: 'Le pouvoir tend à corrompre, le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument' (Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely), which applies to your designated second most popular Thai perfectly, IMO.

".......from the great French 19th 18th century writer Montesquieu, who inspired the French Revolution in its hopefull beginning: 'Le pouvoir tend à corrompre, le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument' (Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely),......"

I believe the statement in red and the French, is more accurately attributed to Lord Acton 1834-1902

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

He's being disingenuous again. He knows the reason Thaksin hasn't been indicted yet. A speech was given that...

Meaningless gobblededook.The fact remains that there has never been a suggestion that Thaksin be prosecuted for his most serious crimes - notably the drugs war and the human rights abuses in the South (Tak Bai etc).It's not even a mystery whether to Thai foes or friends of Thaksin, all of whom know why the establishment in the event decided to go with the relatively trivial offences.No doubt there a few bewildered or ignorant foreigners but it was ever thus.

Meaningless gobblededook.The fact remains that there has never been a suggestion that Thaksin be prosecuted for his most serious crimes - notably the drugs war and the human rights abuses in the South (Tak Bai etc).It's not even a mystery whether to Thai foes or friends of Thaksin, all of whom know why the establishment in the event decided to go with the relatively trivial offences.No doubt there a few bewildered or ignorant foreigners but it was ever thus.

Yeah that must be it.Can't think why it didn't occur to me before.