Thaksin, Yingluck visit Beijing

Lite Beer

I welcome you to research it. There's a reason I said other labels

let me tell you something the western justice allowing a mass murder as the slaughterer of Utoya,Norway to live in a confortable cell with a playstation and internet ..do you like it?i dont as i dont like drug gang thugs.should they be murdered?no but living in a shit hole until death ?yes

i met thais who like Thaksin..some of them told me "because when he was at power,police fighted the drug..now big problem"

Your Thai friends seem to be smart people, same attract same. About 2000 people killed because they were supposedly involved in drug traffic is a sign of justice for you?
  • Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many Thai Poloticians visit Beijing and most Thais would still vote for both of them. That is not lost on Beijing.

The Thaksins are also Hakkas, a people known to create change http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people

You have no idea now who would vote for them now all is revealed. So why post MOST Thais. ????

Actually, I do have an idea as I travel to the North and the East of Thailand. Not hard to guage what people are feeling when you speak to them.

You travel When ?? how often ?? Do you understand there are thousands of ex pats in and around UDON that know different, And when you speak to them---in THAI, and on visit's how many do you interview,???

Pull the other one it's got bells on. Live here in the area and you would never know because Thais in general do not want to talk about the government. Who ever is controlling---something like a taboo subject for them.

• Like 1

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Both Thaksin and Yingluck will, at some stage, return to the Premiership of Thailand.

The kid would also have to be odds on to sit in the big chair soon or later.

So 3 future Thai PM's travelling together is news.

Thaksin SHINAWATRA, the second most popular Thai alive today, that's who!

'Robespiere', everyone should have the right to express its personal opinions, the fact you are allowed to publish here your, IMO, twisted and biased political propaganda prosa in favour of your venerated Thaksin and his wishfull Shins' dynasty, proves by itself that there is individual freedom of expression today in Thailand.

Please allow me to make some comments about your alias here, and the knowledge of French History it seems to allude to:

1) Maybe it didn't catch your attention, but the name is Robespierre, with 2 'r's;

2) Maximilien-François-Isidore de Robespierre (1758-1794) was an attorney, like yourself, maybe.

3) During the French Revolution, he was at the helm of the Comité de Salut Public he had instituted, during what might have been the darkest period of time in French History, still rightfully called 'La Terreur' by the French, and he was beheaded in the same way he had sent so many people to their undeserved death.

4) He was a maddog, bloodthursty, certifiable lunatic 'massmurderer' who didn't tolerate any comment, contest or opposition, he physically eliminated every person not perfectly in line with his crazy theories, the easier so after succeeding in suppressing all procedures (legal and political), his attempts to gain control over 'la Convention' (the parliament of the time) was, luckily after only a few years of horror, fatal to him.

Can you please let us know whether this is really the kind of deviant character you want yourself to be associated with?

As for your idol and his 'Thaksin regime', let's come back to it another time, just let me end with the following 'pointe'(Fr.), from the great French 19th century writer Montesquieu, who inspired the French Revolution in its hopefull beginning: 'Le pouvoir tend à corrompre, le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument' (Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely), which applies to your designated second most popular Thai perfectly, IMO.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

1. Freedom of expression... I guess you haven't read the forum rules, there are limits. I also assume you haven't tried to watch any international news channels recently either or tried to assemble more than 5 people for a political discussion or read 1984 in public or flash a three fingered Hunger Games salute..... and it goes on.

2. Yeah, yeah Robespierre has two r's and you googled a bit of French history.

3. I have my reasons for choosing this particular username, unfortunately revealing those reasons, in the censored environment we are in, would result in repercussions I would prefer to avoid. It'll have to be left as an in joke for myself and those I trust to enjoy.

4. Who currently exercises absolute, unopposed and unquestioned power in this land, because you are saying that this individual will become absolutely corrupt - careful you might end up in a re-education camp.

Ha ha just a trifle OTT don't you think, what rubbish.

Why so vague? Be a little more specific. What is rubbish? That there is a high level of censorship in present day Thailand? That there is an individual who currently wields absolute power in Thailand? That there are quite serious repercussions for talk about certain subjects?

The real rubbish sits between my two posts.

Lets tell the real truth, 1 is that there is censorship for those that are just not opposing with constructive criticism, 2 this is the part I am referring to-the OTT 1.2.3.4. Please open the door on any Thai going about his daily chores that is incarcerated.------the rules are in place for the undesirables like any country faces---even the UK. The PM says every week he wants feedback, he can act on it---he needs names to investigate---he has set up office in all provinces to weed out corrupt persons or persons holding grudges. I am trying to be candid and reasonable but your posts are near completely ante PM.

Visiting relatives and the true rulers of Thailand - Thai/Chinese are the elite which rule whilst the indigenous Thai slaves away in the rice fields.

Quite a romantic picture.

The romance crashed when her husband in the picture ditched her and moved out.

Looks like lippy larry is back - that was quick.

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Both Thaksin and Yingluck will, at some stage, return to the Premiership of Thailand.

The kid would also have to be odds on to sit in the big chair soon or later.

So 3 future Thai PM's travelling together is news.

Thaksin SHINAWATRA, the second most popular Thai alive today, that's who!

'Robespiere', everyone should have the right to express its personal opinions, the fact you are allowed to publish here your, IMO, twisted and biased political propaganda prosa in favour of your venerated Thaksin and his wishfull Shins' dynasty, proves by itself that there is individual freedom of expression today in Thailand.

Please allow me to make some comments about your alias here, and the knowledge of French History it seems to allude to:

1) Maybe it didn't catch your attention, but the name is Robespierre, with 2 'r's;

2) Maximilien-François-Isidore de Robespierre (1758-1794) was an attorney, like yourself, maybe.

3) During the French Revolution, he was at the helm of the Comité de Salut Public he had instituted, during what might have been the darkest period of time in French History, still rightfully called 'La Terreur' by the French, and he was beheaded in the same way he had sent so many people to their undeserved death.

4) He was a maddog, bloodthursty, certifiable lunatic 'massmurderer' who didn't tolerate any comment, contest or opposition, he physically eliminated every person not perfectly in line with his crazy theories, the easier so after succeeding in suppressing all procedures (legal and political), his attempts to gain control over 'la Convention' (the parliament of the time) was, luckily after only a few years of horror, fatal to him.

Can you please let us know whether this is really the kind of deviant character you want yourself to be associated with?

As for your idol and his 'Thaksin regime', let's come back to it another time, just let me end with the following 'pointe'(Fr.), from the great French 19th century writer Montesquieu, who inspired the French Revolution in its hopefull beginning: 'Le pouvoir tend à corrompre, le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument' (Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely), which applies to your designated second most popular Thai perfectly, IMO.

1. Freedom of expression... I guess you haven't read the forum rules, there are limits. I also assume you haven't tried to watch any international news channels recently either or tried to assemble more than 5 people for a political discussion or read 1984 in public or flash a three fingered Hunger Games salute..... and it goes on.

3. I have my reasons for choosing this particular username, unfortunately revealing those reasons, in the censored environment we are in, would result in repercussions I would prefer to avoid. It'll have to be left as an in joke for myself and those I trust to enjoy.

4. Who currently exercises absolute, unopposed and unquestioned power in this land, because you are saying that this individual will become absolutely corrupt - careful you might end up in a re-education camp.

The level of your reaction disappoints me, honestly, I expected better than some re-chewed abusive propaganda babble, as in your 1., and about 2., no 'mon cher', I didn't google, but you should have, to find out about the name, while looking for your avatar f.i., the more so considering the pumpous explanation you give around the choosing of it, in your 3., where you seem to reveal some dangerous form of delusion (schizophrenic?), and your 4. shows the typical kind of mirror-view intox we got used to from the hired 'red brigade' PR team of yore, in avoiding to even consider the junta's 'coup' might not have been a matter of choice but an imposed and justified measure of last resort, to save the country from the 'absolutely corrupt power' the 'Thaksin regime' had become, once more proving Montesquieu right...

• Like 2

strangely enough you are arrested in Australia if you consort with wanted criminals, in Thailand these same criminals are allowed to run political parties, take legal action against others, are issued with govt approved passports personally by the govt officials and the govt takes no legal action against them. Really sums up why there is so much corruption here I suppose and how little thai law is respected by the rest of the world, it really is one big joke.

Coz here they all have skeletons in the closet... many heaps of them... they might need a passport themselves one day... so,probably wise to not push it too far...maybe... ;)

Look it up yourself without asking, seek and you shall find. Man City---??? can you own if ???

I tried to read an article on the daily mail but it is still blocked, Ok according to the guardian he was briefly denied entry to the UK in 2008. However he owns a house in London and travels there frequently.

Did he ever let us own a small house/land here ?? The Man city bit was something to do with a criminal record of sorts. ??? so he had to sell.

Is the Junta going to allow us to by land? Why bring Man city into it? Are they the international moral authority now?

Struck a nerve have we ?? just a passing comment about in the UK Thaksin can in Thailand Thaksin said no. that's all.

We do not know if the PM will get round to it do we. ?? and he is the PM Junta term is not allowed. The army intervened.

There's an old saying, 'you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time'.

It applies to you. When posters get up your nose / challenge & reveal the rubbish you post (often just dishonest and misleading rubbish), you try to instill fear of the NCP, to frighten people against posting.

Your about as obvious as the silly wig you wear.

What an entirely pointless post.

Dishonest and misleading rubbish - Where? What?

Let's have some specifics.

Opinions unsupported by facts are worthless.

Absolute power is something Thaksin never had, if he did, he would still be running the show today.

But that's not even the silliest bit, that honour goes to the oversight of the fact that there is currently a PM who has absolute power and it is he that should be on the receiving end of Bangrak's little rant.

How on earth can someone discuss absolute power in relation to Thai politics and not mention Prayuth.

There are none so blind as those who will not see!

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Just because you don't care doesn't mean others have no interest, but it's interesting that although this is a non-news item in your mind you did have enough interest to read the post and comment about it.

Yawm...............look everyone - theres an old man and a thai lady and their child - looks like his Grandchild...oops!!giggle.gif

• Like 1

As friends on both Facebook and twitter i loved their photos (post politics )

Wonderful -

I was too friend with Thaksin on Facebook but after Tak Bai and my confrontational postings he removed me.

:rolleyes:

Impossible.

Thaksin didn't join Facebook and didn't have an account until five long years AFTER Tak Bai.

You wanna try again?

As friends on both Facebook and twitter i loved their photos (post politics )

Wonderful -

I was too friend with Thaksin on Facebook but after Tak Bai and my confrontational postings he removed me.

:rolleyes:

Impossible.

Thaksin didn't join Facebook and didn't have an account until five long years AFTER Tak Bai.

You wanna try again?

And you know this for sure. How?

The level of your reaction disappoints me, honestly, I expected better than some re-chewed abusive propaganda babble, as in your 1., and about 2., no 'mon cher', I didn't google, but you should have, to find out about the name, while looking for your avatar f.i., the more so considering the pumpous explanation you give around the choosing of it, in your 3., where you seem to reveal some dangerous form of delusion (schizophrenic?), and your 4. shows the typical kind of mirror-view intox we got used to from the hired 'red brigade' PR team of yore, in avoiding to even consider the junta's 'coup' might not have been a matter of choice but an imposed and justified measure of last resort, to save the country from the 'absolutely corrupt power' the 'Thaksin regime' had become, once more proving Montesquieu right...

The coup was a measure of last resort - I wholeheartedly agree.

The old ways are dying and the old elites are soon to lose their place of privilege above the peasants.

This coup is their last, vainglorious attempt to hold back the tides of progress to stop them from swamping their parasitic existence and washing away the last remaining dregs of the Thai-style apartheid that has cursed this land for too many generations.

Thailand will soon be a free, open and equal society where governments enter and leave office solely through the results of the ballot box not via the barrels of guns.

You should cast off your bigotry and prejudices and join the overwhelming majority of everyday Thais in looking forward to the day this things become reality.

"Thailand will soon be a free, open and equal society where governments enter and leave office solely through the results of the ballot box not via the barrels of guns."

Your words, does this mean thaksin is going to stop paying his hired assassins, the black shirts and their equally stupid associates the reds

It means the minority of clowns who believe the nonsense you cite are going to lose their 8 decade long war against democracy and fade off into the dark and forgotten pages of the history books (hopefully via jail cells for the ones that most deserve it).

I tried to read an article on the daily mail but it is still blocked, Ok according to the guardian he was briefly denied entry to the UK in 2008. However he owns a house in London and travels there frequently.

"and travels there frequently"

I know he has a family-home there, but haven't seen any report of Thaksin himself travelling to the UK, since shortly-after he sold Man.City to his Arab friends in August 2008.

Can you supply a link please, to any reports of his alleged frequent-trips ? wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The old ways are dying and the old elites are soon to lose their place of privilege above the peasants.

This coup is their last, vainglorious attempt to hold back the tides of progress to stop them from swamping their parasitic existence and washing away the last remaining dregs of the Thai-style apartheid that has cursed this land for too many generations.

Thailand will soon be a free, open and equal society where governments enter and leave office solely through the results of the ballot box not via the barrels of guns.

You should cast off your bigotry and prejudices and join the overwhelming majority of everyday Thais in looking forward to the day this things become reality.

"Thailand will soon be a free, open and equal society where governments enter and leave office solely through the results of the ballot box not via the barrels of guns."

Your words, does this mean thaksin is going to stop paying his hired assassins, the black shirts and their equally stupid associates the reds

Does it also mean the paymaster is going to abandon his 'get quick salaried get rich club' approach, where 99% of the 'members' have zero capabilities and it would seem that previous criminal / scaly records are a plus to joining, and the members of the get rich club are forbidden to comment on anything, just say 'yes' whenever jerked, and does it mean the paymaster / the udd etc., will from now on talk honestly and sincerely about:

- What 'democracy' really means and why it is valuable?

- The pillars of building and maintaining and protecting real democracy?

- They will stop the assignment of 'yes' men / totally incapable people to critical decising making / implementation positions?

- Will push for / demand that before elections they must be (by law) open presentations / debates where the public can ask questions and the speakers must

answer, and the public don't have to 'register' their names in advance to enter the building?

- They will stop enlisting / intimidating local officials to toe the party line or else?

- They will reveal the 'syllabus / materials' used in the past in their local democracy schools?

- They will stop putting up 'red village' signs, when in reality some villagers / maybe many villagers don't agree but are in fear of speaking out?

- They will stop behaviors like handing in their electronic voting cards for one person to use as they wish?

- Protecting the proper use of justice processes with demands that the judiciary quickly reveal and very strongly punish all politicians or their hangers on who try

to influence the judiciary for their own selfish ends.

- Introduce non biased actions / education to gain much more overall respect for the law?

- Totally stop interfering with the police and introduce laws whereby the police have to report to an appropriate agency and any police found to be not 'whistle

blow' when any politician tries to interfere / dictate will be dismissed?

- Rebuilding and strengthening anti-corruption agencies, with structure which prevents political interference and with well publicized 'whistle blower' processes.

That should be enough for starters.

Edited by scorecard

So Robespierre the rural peasant masses are going to propel the tide of progress in the 21st century in Thailand by fueling it with 20th century Pol Potist Agrarian Socialist Utopia &lt;deleted&gt; (you know the kind of &lt;deleted&gt; you write in all of your posts) are they? Boy! that's gonna work out so well. And the left wing media in the early seventies got the KR wrong REALLY Wrong looks like the old phrase "Never learn from past mistakes" can easily be applied to the left wing (so called) Intelligentsia.

• Like 1

So Robespierre the rural peasant masses are going to propel the tide of progress in the 21st century in Thailand by fueling it with 20th century Pol Potist Agrarian Socialist Utopia <deleted> (you know the kind of <deleted> you write in all of your posts) are they? Boy! that's gonna work out so well. And the left wing media in the early seventies got the KR wrong REALLY Wrong looks like the old phrase "Never learn from past mistakes" can easily be applied to the left wing (so called) Intelligentsia.

by fueling it with 20th century Pol Potist Agrarian Socialist

I think not, see below:

How bad is Thaksinomics?

– 3 JANUARY 2014POSTED IN: THAILAND

Anti-government forces Bangkok have vowed to rid Thailand of all vestiges of Thaksin — including Thaksinomics. So let’s pause to cast a medium-term eye over the country’s economic performance during the period (2001 to the present) that has been dominated by Thaksin-esque policies.

Here is the record on GDP per capita (expressed in 2005 US$).

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy. Maybe be deleted anyway, think this getting way off topic.

strangely enough you are arrested in Australia if you consort with wanted criminals, in Thailand these same criminals are allowed to run political parties, take legal action against others, are issued with govt approved passports personally by the govt officials and the govt takes no legal action against them. Really sums up why there is so much corruption here I suppose and how little thai law is respected by the rest of the world, it really is one big joke.

As I have pointed out to you a few times before: This is not Australia!!

And I'm sure Mr. Seajae values your comment, which he demonstrates with the importance he pays it. So what?

Mr. Seajae - very sensible post sir.

Many Thai Poloticians visit Beijing and most Thais would still vote for both of them. That is not lost on Beijing.

The Thaksins are also Hakkas, a people known to create change http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people

You have no idea now who would vote for them now all is revealed. So why post MOST Thais. ????

Actually, I do have an idea as I travel to the North and the East of Thailand. Not hard to guage what people are feeling when you speak to them.

I will assume you are telling the truth. Do you think that Thai people ever give an answer based on what the person asking wants to hear?

Do you know about the concept of "grengjai"?

Do you really think he wanders around the North and North East of Thailand, engaging people he meets in a discussion on politics during which they tell him who they would vote for?

Only in his own mind.

• Like 1

You blokes make me laugh. you make it sound as if he's a serial killer at large! You also make it sound like Thaksin invented corruption
While the 2003 war on drugs would not fit the bill for serial killer, it does for other labels.

True, now every moans about the massive drug use in Thailand but do nothing, at least he did something about it (it has been said that a lot of police used this as a way to sort out personal grievances (their enemies becoming drug dealers all of a sudden) and that was probably true. Nobody blaims the general now over the bent and corrupt police so why blame Thaksin for the same?

Not sure what general you mean but I am certain that no current general has issued orders that killed 1400+ people for involvement in drugs that were in no way involved.

Do your homework.Why do you think the unelected elites have NEVER suggested Thaksin be prosecuted (at the time they were casting around for a reason to prosecute) for the drug war preferring instead to invoke some relatively trivial offence? Few would try to justify the wretched "war on drugs" and Thaklsin was primarily responsible as PM.But to ignore the level of popular support and more particularly the very clear involvement and encouragement from all levels (choosing my words carefully) is breathtakingly dishonest or ignorant or both.Those Thais involved or complicit though enemies of Thaksin know enough to keep quiet.Here today gone tomorrow foreigners apparently do not.