Thaksin, Yingluck visit Beijing

Lite Beer

I've not read he has Bahamian citizenship nor that he has two others.

The only ones I know about are the four mentioned (Thailand and the dubious trio of Montenegro, Nicaragua, and Uganda).

What did your source for the three others say they were?

wikipedia only

i found a source where he(thaksin) states he has british citizenship(2011)

Edited by kaobang

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I welcome you to research it. There's a reason I said other labels

let me tell you something the western justice allowing a mass murder as the slaughterer of Utoya,Norway to live in a confortable cell with a playstation and internet ..do you like it?i dont as i dont like drug gang thugs.should they be murdered?no but living in a shit hole until death ?yes

i met thais who like Thaksin..some of them told me "because when he was at power,police fighted the drug..now big problem"

being this said

Huh???

strange but true... nearly all the Thais I speak to are 'closet Thaksin supporters' and welcome the day he get's back to Thailand (which he will of course)

not strange at all, and it's also true... that one can talk to other Thais and say that nearly all of them are open Thaksin opponents and they also welcome the day he gets back to Thailand (but likely for a completely different reason compared to your subset).

His current passport should be revoked as it was a new passport issued illegally to a fugitive.

Similar regulations require the stripping of his police rank and the return of royally awarded medals because of his criminal conviction.

Thaksin had reportedly considered sanctuaries such as China, the Bahamas, Nicaragua, and several other countries in South America and Africa. Reports said the Shinawatras were granted honorary citizenship by the Bahamas and Nicaragua, and were building a £5.5 million home in China. As of late May 2009, he reportedly remained in Dubai.[190][191][192] A spokesman claimed Thaksin was traveling on six passports, none of them Thai.[193] In December 2008 Thaksin obtained a residency permit for Germany[194] which was subsequently withdrawn on 28 May 2009 when the German government became aware of the arrangement. Thaksin then obtained status as a diplomat of Nicaragua.[194][195]Guido Westerwelle, German foreign minister, has lifted the travel restriction banning Thaksin from entering Germany on 15 July 2011 after election victory of Thaksin's proxy party.[194]

In a November 2009 interview, Thaksin told The Times that he was living in Dubai, still had access to about $100 million of his money outside of Thailand, and was investing in gold mines, diamond polishing and lottery licenses in various countries.

Has any country denied him entry or deported him?

Look it up yourself without asking, seek and you shall find. Man City---??? can you own if ???

I tried to read an article on the daily mail but it is still blocked, Ok according to the guardian he was briefly denied entry to the UK in 2008. However he owns a house in London and travels there frequently.

Look it up yourself without asking, seek and you shall find. Man City---??? can you own if ???

I tried to read an article on the daily mail but it is still blocked, Ok according to the guardian he was briefly denied entry to the UK in 2008. However he owns a house in London and travels there frequently.

Did he ever let us own a small house/land here ?? The Man city bit was something to do with a criminal record of sorts. ??? so he had to sell.

strangely enough you are arrested in Australia if you consort with wanted criminals, in Thailand these same criminals are allowed to run political parties, take legal action against others, are issued with govt approved passports personally by the govt officials and the govt takes no legal action against them. Really sums up why there is so much corruption here I suppose and how little thai law is respected by the rest of the world, it really is one big joke.

As I have pointed out to you a few times before: This is not Australia!!

unfortunately not, the thai law is that pathetic it lets these criminal fugitive scum wander around free when any other country that had real laws would see him locked up and the key thrown away. What makes it even more pathetic are those that think the sun shines out of this a**e but then most of them cant count past ten unless they take of their shoes and have trouble pronouncing words with more than 3 letters, causes major brain aches. The only way thaksin will ever get back into this country is in a box, what a wonderful thought that is though, I will definitely be one cheering when it happens.

Edited by seajae

Many Thai Poloticians visit Beijing and most Thais would still vote for both of them. That is not lost on Beijing.

The Thaksins are also Hakkas, a people known to create change http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people

You have no idea now who would vote for them now all is revealed. So why post MOST Thais. ????

Actually, I do have an idea as I travel to the North and the East of Thailand. Not hard to guage what people are feeling when you speak to them.

strangely enough you are arrested in Australia if you consort with wanted criminals, in Thailand these same criminals are allowed to run political parties, take legal action against others, are issued with govt approved passports personally by the govt officials and the govt takes no legal action against them. Really sums up why there is so much corruption here I suppose and how little thai law is respected by the rest of the world, it really is one big joke.

You blokes make me laugh. you make it sound as if he's a serial killer at large! You also make it sound like Thaksin invented corruption

While the 2003 war on drugs would not fit the bill for serial killer, it does for other labels.

True, now every moans about the massive drug use in Thailand but do nothing, at least he did something about it (it has been said that a lot of police used this as a way to sort out personal grievances (their enemies becoming drug dealers all of a sudden) and that was probably true. Nobody blaims the general now over the bent and corrupt police so why blame Thaksin for the same?

Like it or not people still like them.

Not matter when the next election if they run they will be voted in.

Well according to the last elections % and now it is a well known fact they have lost loads of support, (and do not say they haven't) how on earth could they walk in again. In your dreams mate. BUT what is popular---the liberals are in the UK, The satang money in Thailand, The tranquil sea at Pattaya, and the white beaches free of rubbish---they are still popular. think a bit mate.

• Like 1

You blokes make me laugh. you make it sound as if he's a serial killer at large! You also make it sound like Thaksin invented corruption

While the 2003 war on drugs would not fit the bill for serial killer, it does for other labels.

u are talking like Thaksin himself took his rifle and guns and went on the street killing the gangs...

the cops who murdered the drug lords are still on duty..probably

you're exactly right, nobody blames the General over these same corrupt police do they? Yet people are happy to blame Thaksin, doesn't make sense.

Many Thai Poloticians visit Beijing and most Thais would still vote for both of them. That is not lost on Beijing.

The Thaksins are also Hakkas, a people known to create change http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people

You have no idea now who would vote for them now all is revealed. So why post MOST Thais. ????

Actually, I do have an idea as I travel to the North and the East of Thailand. Not hard to guage what people are feeling when you speak to them.

I will assume you are telling the truth. Do you think that Thai people ever give an answer based on what the person asking wants to hear?

Do you know about the concept of "grengjai"?

• Like 1

As friends on both Facebook and twitter i loved their photos (post politics )

Wonderful -

I was too friend with Thaksin on Facebook but after Tak Bai and my confrontational postings he removed me. I met him twice and Yingluck once at AIS. Chuan twice, Abhisit once but I have close links to his elder brother many years back. We loved to drink good French wine and his English lassie took care of the gibbons and bears.

Suthep I met twice, Banharn once, Chavalit once but he refused to talk to me and I heard him saying farang.

The only good imporession I had was from Chuan and Thaksin and all the others you could smoke in the pipe.

True, now every moans about the massive drug use in Thailand but do nothing, at least he did something about it (it has been said that a lot of police used this as a way to sort out personal grievances (their enemies becoming drug dealers all of a sudden) and that was probably true. Nobody blaims the general now over the bent and corrupt police so why blame Thaksin for the same?

This is true---Thaksin had to be seen to be doing something about the bad publicity at the time, so he organized and was responsible for it---He wanted the headlines--his ego trip. He got bad sour publicity from it and it is worse now less the near 3,000 that died and never had burials. Ask the parents in rural areas where their kids went.

Sum up Thaksin did NOTHING about it no high end officials were knabbed----- gang leaders still thrive.

Not sure what general you mean but I am certain that no current general has issued orders that killed 1400+ people for involvement in drugs that were in no way involved.

I am surprised at the Shinawatra's choice of China over Thailand as a vacation destination.

Did they not know that martial law is a tourist attraction?

That with Thailand tourism collapsing that they can get great hotel discounts?

That on Thai beaches they can get free ID bracelots and ankle monitors?

Did they not know of the Thai domestic tourism incentive offered by the Junta administration - a limited tax deduction against taxable income for Thais to vacation in Thailand instead of leaving the country. It's kind of like a "Nice Pledge Scheme."

It was probably the bullet train that drew them to China. But the Junta is working on that too. wai2.gif

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Both Thaksin and Yingluck will, at some stage, return to the Premiership of Thailand.

The kid would also have to be odds on to sit in the big chair soon or later.

So 3 future Thai PM's travelling together is news.

Thaksin SHINAWATRA, the second most popular Thai alive today, that's who!

'Robespiere', everyone should have the right to express its personal opinions, the fact you are allowed to publish here your, IMO, twisted and biased political propaganda prosa in favour of your venerated Thaksin and his wishfull Shins' dynasty, proves by itself that there is individual freedom of expression today in Thailand.

Please allow me to make some comments about your alias here, and the knowledge of French History it seems to allude to:

1) Maybe it didn't catch your attention, but the name is Robespierre, with 2 'r's;

2) Maximilien-François-Isidore de Robespierre (1758-1794) was an attorney, like yourself, maybe.

3) During the French Revolution, he was at the helm of the Comité de Salut Public he had instituted, during what might have been the darkest period of time in French History, still rightfully called 'La Terreur' by the French, and he was beheaded in the same way he had sent so many people to their undeserved death.

4) He was a maddog, bloodthursty, certifiable lunatic 'massmurderer' who didn't tolerate any comment, contest or opposition, he physically eliminated every person not perfectly in line with his crazy theories, the easier so after succeeding in suppressing all procedures (legal and political), his attempts to gain control over 'la Convention' (the parliament of the time) was, luckily after only a few years of horror, fatal to him.

Can you please let us know whether this is really the kind of deviant character you want yourself to be associated with?

As for your idol and his 'Thaksin regime', let's come back to it another time, just let me end with the following 'pointe'(Fr.), from the great French 19th century writer Montesquieu, who inspired the French Revolution in its hopefull beginning: 'Le pouvoir tend à corrompre, le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument' (Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely), which applies to your designated second most popular Thai perfectly, IMO.

1. Freedom of expression... I guess you haven't read the forum rules, there are limits. I also assume you haven't tried to watch any international news channels recently either or tried to assemble more than 5 people for a political discussion or read 1984 in public or flash a three fingered Hunger Games salute..... and it goes on.

2. Yeah, yeah Robespierre has two r's and you googled a bit of French history.

3. I have my reasons for choosing this particular username, unfortunately revealing those reasons, in the censored environment we are in, would result in repercussions I would prefer to avoid. It'll have to be left as an in joke for myself and those I trust to enjoy.

4. Who currently exercises absolute, unopposed and unquestioned power in this land, because you are saying that this individual will become absolutely corrupt - careful you might end up in a re-education camp.

• Like 1

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Both Thaksin and Yingluck will, at some stage, return to the Premiership of Thailand.

'Robespiere', everyone should have the right to express its personal opinions, the fact you are allowed to publish here your, IMO, twisted and biased political propaganda prosa in favour of your venerated Thaksin and his wishfull Shins' dynasty, proves by itself that there is individual freedom of expression today in Thailand.

Please allow me to make some comments about your alias here, and the knowledge of French History it seems to allude to:

1) Maybe it didn't catch your attention, but the name is Robespierre, with 2 'r's;

2) Maximilien-François-Isidore de Robespierre (1758-1794) was an attorney, like yourself, maybe.

3) During the French Revolution, he was at the helm of the Comité de Salut Public he had instituted, during what might have been the darkest period of time in French History, still rightfully called 'La Terreur' by the French, and he was beheaded in the same way he had sent so many people to their undeserved death.

4) He was a maddog, bloodthursty, certifiable lunatic 'massmurderer' who didn't tolerate any comment, contest or opposition, he physically eliminated every person not perfectly in line with his crazy theories, the easier so after succeeding in suppressing all procedures (legal and political), his attempts to gain control over 'la Convention' (the parliament of the time) was, luckily after only a few years of horror, fatal to him.

Can you please let us know whether this is really the kind of deviant character you want yourself to be associated with?

As for your idol and his 'Thaksin regime', let's come back to it another time, just let me end with the following 'pointe'(Fr.), from the great French 19th century writer Montesquieu, who inspired the French Revolution in its hopefull beginning: 'Le pouvoir tend à corrompre, le pouvoir absolu corrompt absolument' (Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely), which applies to your designated second most popular Thai perfectly, IMO.

1. Freedom of expression... I guess you haven't read the forum rules, there are limits. I also assume you haven't tried to watch any international news channels recently either or tried to assemble more than 5 people for a political discussion or read 1984 in public or flash a three fingered Hunger Games salute..... and it goes on.

3. I have my reasons for choosing this particular username, unfortunately revealing those reasons, in the censored environment we are in, would result in repercussions I would prefer to avoid. It'll have to be left as an in joke for myself and those I trust to enjoy.

4. Who currently exercises absolute, unopposed and unquestioned power in this land, because you are saying that this individual will become absolutely corrupt - careful you might end up in a re-education camp.

You shouldn't worry about number 4, with the state of education in Thailand. But you should be OK using the overpriced tablets though!

• Like 1

Does anyone really care?

Is this news?

Thaksin who???

Ha ha just a trifle OTT don't you think, what rubbish.

• Like 1

Like it or not people still like them.

Not matter when the next election if they run they will be voted in.

Well according to the last elections % and now it is a well known fact they have lost loads of support, (and do not say they haven't) how on earth could they walk in again. In your dreams mate. BUT what is popular---the liberals are in the UK, The satang money in Thailand, The tranquil sea at Pattaya, and the white beaches free of rubbish---they are still popular. think a bit mate.

If they had lost their support, why depose Yunluck. Just wait for her to get voted out instead of deposing her. If we are all so wrong, why do you care so much ? It appears you have a very emotional stake in this.

I was trained on good governance that's all, but working on overseas aid mostly. Isn't that what Thaksin was doing ???

Did he ever let us own a small house/land here ?? The Man city bit was something to do with a criminal record of sorts. ??? so he had to sell.

Is the Junta going to allow us to by land? Why bring Man city into it? Are they the international moral authority now?

As friends on both Facebook and twitter i loved their photos (post politics )

Wonderful -

I was too friend with Thaksin on Facebook but after Tak Bai and my confrontational postings he removed me. I met him twice and Yingluck once at AIS. Chuan twice, Abhisit once but I have close links to his elder brother many years back. We loved to drink good French wine and his English lassie took care of the gibbons and bears.

Suthep I met twice, Banharn once, Chavalit once but he refused to talk to me and I heard him saying farang.

The only good imporession I had was from Chuan and Thaksin and all the others you could smoke in the pipe.

Probably the largest and tallest 'monument' in Thai politics ever, the exception confirming the rule (of mediocrity), but pushed to the back by the skillfull propaganda of the one he could have quoted the classics telling to 'Tu quoque Fili mi', like Caesar to Brutus. The same Chuan who, more procaically, said, about Thaksin, having bred a viper in his nest was the biggest mistake in his life... And very right he was to, IMO, having given Thaksin trust and confidence, as to a son, after his father and uncles had by intrigue and deception succeeded to bring him under the protection of the great man's wings. As if dishonesty is in the Shins' clan's genes... Isn't there a saying that a country gets the politicians it deserves? When so, a great big som-nah-naa to the Thais, then... But, for sure IMO, they never deserved a man the size of a Chuan anyway.

Ha ha just a trifle OTT don't you think, what rubbish.

Why so vague? Be a little more specific. What is rubbish? That there is a high level of censorship in present day Thailand? That there is an individual who currently wields absolute power in Thailand? That there are quite serious repercussions for talk about certain subjects?

The real rubbish sits between my two posts.

• Like 1

Visiting relatives and the true rulers of Thailand - Thai/Chinese are the elite which rule whilst the indigenous Thai slaves away in the rice fields.

Yes, the indigenous Thais are slaving away in the rice fields.

The indigenous Thais are Thai-Thai, they're not Chinese. You will know who the Chinese are, in Thailand. These are the people in Thailand who look the same as the people who have a Chinese take-away food shop in England or Australia. And you see Chinese in Chinatown in London, there's also lots of fish and chip shops in England where the owner and staff are Chinese.

Anyway, indigenous people, bit like so-called 'black people' in South Africa, aborigenes in Australia, Amazon Indians in Brazil, Red Indians in America, the indigenous people of Thailand (as you say) make up most of the poor in Thailand.

Most of the indigenous people of Thailand don't actually vote for Abhisit and the Democrats. That's because Abhisit and the Democrats mainly represent the middle-class Chinese-Thais (the bulk of those who make up Thailand's richest one-fith are Chinese-Thais) and the 'elite' (Thailand's richest one or two thousand families are the elite, the vast bulk of them are Chinese-Thai also).

So, if people want to support the indigenous Thais, well, it might be an idea to not support Abhisit and the Democrats.

One thing is true, whether it's Thaksin, Abhisit, or the general, in control of Thailand, Thailand will always have massive links with China.