Thai police tightens security for tourism high-season

webfact

Memo from RTP HQ to local and regional Mafia Heads:

Like every year it's Tourist High Season again and we would all appreciate if you could refrain from raping and killing our tourists until the season is over. You can get details on the relevant dates from the TAT's website.

If you absolutely have to rape and kill, please be discreet about it, we don't want to spook the Golden Goose, ja na!

In the spirit of cooperation, communication and mutual prosperity, sincerely your RTP.

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 1

What does it even mean " tighten security" ? was security loose or untightened so far?

and if so why? or is it only a lip service before every tourist season, but millions of tourists

are coming to Thailand all year around, why now than?

If Monty Python were to answer that question, I guess their jokes would be very much like reality here, so no one would laugh.

Thailand can be both dangerous and safe, it is like the tourist who decides it.
I myself have never had any problems here, I'm not exactly someone who seeks out problems or looking like a big jackpot for criminals.
thailand would be a wonderful place without the negative foreign that should only criticize the country. go home if it is so bad here.
nanny state is waiting for you, nanny state wants you working to pay lots of lots of tax. slaves

So says "Mr 3 Monkeys"

Kannot, you Shoodnot feed the trolls

Thailand can be both dangerous and safe, it is like the tourist who decides it.

I myself have never had any problems here, I'm not exactly someone who seeks out problems or looking like a big jackpot for criminals.

thailand would be a wonderful place without the negative foreign that should only criticize the country. go home if it is so bad here.

nanny state is waiting for you, nanny state wants you working to pay lots of lots of tax. slaves

It's not my business nor place to tell people to go home for whatever reason. In other democratic lands, foreigners are free to criticize their host country. Freedom and choice makes that possible.

The "Nanny State" for one person may be a security blanket for another. Thailand isn't perfect, nor is any other place I have lived. While I don't support the negative outlook that some seem to have with their life in general, they are entitled to be as miserable as they wish.

As for me, It's Live and Let Live.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif That was a good joke..

Here is another:

A Thai school teacher plans a career day for class. She begins asking the students what their parents do for a living.
The first little boy says "My dad's a paramedic, he get's people to the hospital real fast if they are in an accident."
The next little boy says " My mom is a dentist and she clean's people's teeth."
Another little boys says, "My dad a male stripper at a gay strip club down in Pat Pong."
The teacher, not wanting any questions to be asked, hurries to the next person.
After class she calls the little boy up to her desk and asks him "Is your dad really a stripper in Pat Pong?"
The little boy replies, "No ma'am, I just didn't want any of my friends to know he is an officer in the Royal Thai Police, stationed on Koh Tao."

The Royal Thai Police will put an end to all kinds of opportunistic crime to prevent any danger to the tourists!

This is such bull crap...are they going to round up all the ladyboys, Mafia thugs, corrupt vendors, corrupt police, corrupt bar girls...and place them in isolation during the high tourist season?

The only way to ensure tourists are safe...is to encourage them to go elsewhere...

Meanwhile, even the well known jet ski scam continues, in full view, with the usual approval and involvement and cut taken by the "authorities". I saw one yesterday. So did several hundred others. Truly in full view, known crimes committed in full view by known gangs, a stones throw from the police station in a major tourist resort. And guess what, RTP and Mr general, you already know where the tourists go, they go to the usual tourist resorts, the places where violent, scamming criminal scum roam the streets with impunity, knowing that not only is the law useless, but that it will be on their side no matter what they do. Who does the general think he is fooling?

Apart from the murders rapes etc the blatant jet-ski scam is such a henious obvious long standing abuse of tourists, that high lights the disregard for visitors etc and totally illustrates the in depth corruption across the board ........................yet it is allowed to continue, surely the generals advisors must have made him aware of it

and its on going tarnishing of the already rock bottom image of the RTP.

He could use the new broom to eradicate it .............gain some kudos and face and send a serious message to the line of corrupt officials.

Or are they simply more powerful than him and he cant risk emptying their rice bowl for fear of his own well being.

Maybe Thai visa could communicate with the tourist police and TAT expressing our delight at the Generals wish to now give tourists full protection and asking for their assurances that the Jet-ski scam will now be dealt with and holiday makers will be given the support of local tourist police and Bib in the event of any misunderstandings.cheesy.gif

"The Royal Thai Police will put an end to all kinds of opportunistic crime to prevent any danger to the tourists."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

These people think we are as dumb as they are.

"In addition, the police will recruit security volunteer workers to help the police..."

Great.

Unpaid thugs... wai2.gif wai.gif

Interpreter’s

I wish they would do something about beach road, I had a teapot thrown at me there a few nights ago for unknown reasons which left quite a wound on my forehead that I dont really appreciate

Maybe, because it was empty, it was a copper trying to tell you things are getting tight in the tea money trade.

Seriously, sorry about the injury.

• Like 2

does ending opportunist crime extend to fining bikers 400baht for having the rear footpegs down when theyre not carrying a passenger???......

Or perhaps the 1000bht fine for carrying bedding on the back seat of a new car??

Yep.. it happened...

"In addition, the police will recruit security volunteer workers to help the police..."

Please let me do it for free.......

More slices in the pie, the price can only go up !!

How will the volunteers be identified? What authority will they have? How will you know?

Here is a radical solution, how about the people that have the responsibility and get paid for it uphold the law and do their job......

talk talk and more talk........nothing else

"The Immigration Bureau will facilitate the immigration process to make it faster, and will report the number of arriving visitors, and visitors' internal travel routes, as well as the visitor’s place of accommodation.

The police will use this information to direct policemen in the area to take care of the traveler's safety. Meanwhile, the Tourist Police are appointed to work with tourism establishments to take proper care of their tourist customers."

So although you will have to take the time to tell them your itinerary and where you will be staying, the process will miraculously be faster at immigration when you enter the country. But that's okay because now that they know where the tourists are staying, they will "use the information to direct policemen in the areas to take care of the travelers". Does that mean that each tourist will have his or her own policeman sitting in the lobby doing guard duty and ready to accompany the tourist everywhere he goes? It should be interesting for those who come for the services of bar girls. I can just see the policeman sitting in a chair in corner of the hotel room while the customer has his shag, watching for the girl to slip some knockout drug into the unsuspecting tourist's drink.

Sadly, I learnt the hard way about that, so I would have the girl with me give her ID to the front desk and before I let her in my room I place ALL MY money, passport etc.. in the room safe or front desk, and I have a drink usually at the hotel bar outside with her and make them empty their bag on the table before I bring them in, if they refuse, easy find another fish.

The Immigration Bureau will facilitate the immigration process to make it faster, and will report the number of arriving visitors, and visitors' internal travel routes, as well as the visitor’s place of accommodation.

Well the Good Ol' Immigration Boys down at Phuket Int have been facilitating the immigration process to make it faster most of the year (been costing the luckless Punters extra few Bhat though, thats even before they have stepped foot in 'Amazing Thailand'

Internal Travel Routes will either be by extortionate Limo service, death defying mental mini-bus or a Meter Taxi with 100Bhat surcharge plus meter price or 'special ''Fixed'' rate' There is/was a bus but it no good for make big money...???

Phuket - Pricless... cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif