November 12th Jomtien Rd One Way?

texanaust

In reality it was never going to happen today, zero signage in place anywhere, what were they going to do switch the traffic lights and hope for the best?

One Way signs would have had to been ready to uncover, thought would have to be given to what sois ran which way, also Jomtien Complex would have become a giant rat run without some control

In reality it was never going to happen today, zero signage in place anywhere, what were they going to do switch the traffic lights and hope for the best?

One Way signs would have had to been ready to uncover, thought would have to be given to what sois ran which way, also Jomtien Complex would have become a giant rat run without some control

The relevant signs were up yesteday afternoon - this morning they had been removed.

So I wait.... and wait..... on 12th only saw that they took down banner announcing this latest scheme. Talked to friend who told me they tried it for one hour on the 12th, starting at 7:30 am, but stopped it because "too much traffic". Eh? Another great idea brought to you by nepotism and inbreeding....

When starting something new like this the police are going to have to be out there enforcing the new procedure, all along the route. Of course people will initially simply ignore it, and not voluntarily comply. People will want to continuing their usual routine, until they see that it's being enforced. What happened should not be interpreted as the failure resulting from a bad idea without seeing what the results would be when properly enforced.

Edited by OneZero

Great idea to do it January when it is nice and busy.

And synchronize with the start of the works for the tunnel at Pattaya Klang (Central).

Also postponed from Nov to Jan laugh.png

I'm not clear why synchronization with Sukumwit tunnel project is important.

Great idea to do it January when it is nice and busy.

And synchronize with the start of the works for the tunnel at Pattaya Klang (Central).

Also postponed from Nov to Jan laugh.png

I'm not clear why synchronization with Sukumwit tunnel project is important.
For the entertainment value! !!
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's happen now. Heading towards to Jomtien, it's not longer possible to turn right to the Beach.

The road is under construction from the signal to the beach. If you recall the cancelled one-way experiment had traffic moving towards the beach (west bound) and looping back to 2nd Road. Edited by ThaiBob