November 12th Jomtien Rd One Way?

texanaust

Usually they only make Jomtien beach road one way between the Hanimum statue and Chaiyapruek road. They usually make it going North only. I assume that's their plan again.

Edited by BB1950

Usually they only make Jomtien beach road one way between the Hanimum statue and Chaiyapruek road. They usually make it going North only. I assume that's their plan again.

Usually? You mean they have done this before? Also, is it north or southbound and what happens to the baht buses? Not that it matters much to me, but people at Jomtien 2nd road taking baht buses are not going to like having to loop around via Chaiyapruek to get into Pattaya (or viceversa depending on the direction).

Usually? You mean they have done this before? Also, is it north or southbound and what happens to the baht buses? Not that it matters much to me, but people at Jomtien 2nd road taking baht buses are not going to like having to loop around via Chaiyapruek to get into Pattaya (or viceversa depending on the direction).

Yes it has been done several times in the past. They have even closed that stretch of beach road when the Princess visited Jomtien for a day!

Usually they made it one-way when large numbers of people flock to Jomtien/Pattaya. Jomtien beach road can't handle the hoards of Thais that flock to the Jomtien beach and double park on beach road.

I never used baht buses. It was bad enough getting around on a motorcycle! The traffic was horrific! Taking up to an hour to get into Pattaya on a motorcycle!

I am surprised by the date you mentioned. As the special events that I know of, are before the 12th.

Complaints:

its about 400 m from Beach Road to Second Road.

So by theory up to 800 m to reach the corner of the Soi 50 m north,

Very few connections between the Sois.

Chaos: many motorcyclist will ignore it.

It will be interesting how the baht buses will be rerouted. Some will have to continue down beach road to provide service and others will have to loop back (Soi 5) to 2nd Road. A benefit will be service will be provided to 2nd Road for the first time, a long expectation for all the new condos being built in that area. I always thought a loop like beach road in central Pattaya was in the making but I was thinking it was still a year or two away. This I understand is just a test but why test just before high season? Maybe they think like many that there won't be a high season this year.

There has never *been* baht bus service on Jomtien Second Road before, has there?

While taking a loop down to Chaiyapruek may be a bit of a detour, at least there will *be* baht buses available in one direction on Jomtien Second Road.

In Pattaya People now:

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Community-News/ONE-WAY-HIGHWAY-FOR-JOMTIEN_3110201402

Starting Nov 11: one way down Beach Road to intersection with Chaiyapruek and from there up to intersection with second road.

I read this more than once.

Can anyone make sense what the actual route will be?

OR shall i wiat and see, you know, the thai way.

ONE WAY HIGHWAY FOR JOMTIEN

An important announcement was made at Pattaya City Hall on the afternoon of Thursday, 30th October that Jomtien Beach Road will become a one way highway. This major changeover will happen on Wednesday, 12th November, 2014 and will affect the stretch of road from the intersection with Jomtien Second Road (near the Matchanu Monkey Statue) down and along the beach front and go up to the Chaiyapruek Road junction to Jomtien Second Road. For further information call Pattaya City Call Centre: 1337.

News stories placed on this website are short versions. If you would like the full story, please read the Pattaya People Weekly newspaper

I have to agree that it makes a lot of sense as that it will offer baht bus service on 2nd road.

If the powers to be want to develop the area Chaiyapruek and 2nd road baht bus service will

be needed. I think once people get over the initial disruption, it might actually be embraced.

• Like 1

I have to agree that it makes a lot of sense as that it will offer baht bus service on 2nd road.

If the powers to be want to develop the area Chaiyapruek and 2nd road baht bus service will

be needed. I think once people get over the initial disruption, it might actually be embraced.

By extension it may even get those Baht buses up and down Soi wat boon kanchana and other negleted but major roads. Right now they are left without public transport.

• Like 1

I agree with the last several posts. The problem with congestion is outbound (to Pattaya) in the evenings where traffic backs up because of the light at the monkey statue. By forcing the buses to make a loop it should reduce congestion AND provide bus service to all the new condos. This system mirrors what is being used successfully along beach road in Pattaya.

Will Chaiyapruek Rd become one-way? If so, what happens to everyone on Jomtien Beach Rd south of this point?

Beach Road south of Chaiyapruek will not be oneway.

And Chaiyapruek will only be oneway from the corner with Beach Road and up to the crossing with 2nd road.

(what I understood from the article)

Soi 15 and 16 are connected to 2nd road.

2nd road goes through to Sukhumvit since a while.

So no special problem there.

From my last visit I had the impression that the connection of 2nd road to Sukhumvit is sparely used?

Time to avoid Chaiyapruek anyway? (at least if there is the smallest sign of traffic jam)

Really worth to take the little detour if you want to go north on Suk.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

South bound, starting Nov 12, (ตังแต่ : [starting] from, nothing temporary).

A friend from Jomtien sent me the picture.

Just to answer repeated questions.

20015946un.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

This will have a huge impact on the connecting Sois 5, 7, 9, Wat Boon & Chaiyapruk.

If the City had a vision the Beach Road should be a walking street with parking off 2nd Rd. (If they were smart, they would be purchasing large parking Lots off 2nd Rd now.)

The Beach Rd could then be pleasant gardens, cafes, bike paths etc....instead of a stinking highway and parking lot.

This will have a huge impact on the connecting Sois 5, 7, 9, Wat Boon & Chaiyapruk.

If the City had a vision the Beach Road should be a walking street with parking off 2nd Rd. (If they were smart, they would be purchasing large parking Lots off 2nd Rd now.)

The Beach Rd could then be pleasant gardens, cafes, bike paths etc....instead of a stinking highway and parking lot.

I wonder how we are going to know what the baht bus driver is going to do--go all the way down the Chaiyapuuuuuuuk; turn left on soi 5, 7, 9, etc.? I wish (in vain) that the City "planners" would add a permanent shuttle bus system to this plan....one that would take people back and forth from Pattaya-Jomtien. My guess is that the baht bus drivers will find a way to rip off a lot of people by turning left at the wrong spots. Say, you need to go all the way to Chaiapuuuuuuuk and he/she turns left at soi 5. We will see if it is a good/bad plan.

It would also be a good plan if the needed repairs to Soi 5 /2nd Rds intersection were performed before the implementation. Doesn't anybody think a few steps in advance, anticipate potential problems and seek solutions? Whoops, I just answered my own question.

Complaints:

its about 400 m from Beach Road to Second Road.

So by theory up to 800 m to reach the corner of the Soi 50 m north,

Very few connections between the Sois.

Why would you want to go take your baht bus on 2nd Rd when you are on Beach Rd?

Just take the first bahtbus on Beach Rd. He will go South a bit but then will go North to Pattaya