November 12th Jomtien Rd One Way?

texanaust

This traffic pattern change might see some changes to the baht bus operation?

I wonder if the baht bus coop will take this opportunity to re-vamp the fare structure.

Currently, one can go from Jomtien Beach Road as far as Pattaya Klang for B10. With the new routing, what will the fare be for someone jumping on the bus on Jomtien Beach Road at say, Soi 5, and then having to ride all the way south to Soi Chaiyapruek and then finally back north to Pattaya. Will that entire (much longer) route still be B10 to Pattaya Klang?

With the new routing, couid there be a terminus designated at Soi Chaiyapruek? i.e. Will the fare be B10 to Soi Chaiyapruek, and then if proceding past that point be considered a new ride with an additional fare?

Will some baht buses still continue south of Soi Chaiyapruek on Jomtien Beach Road?

Big problems for me. I have a home on soi Chaiyaphruk about 10 metres from 2nd road towards the beach. Now it is easy to get there from either sukemvit or 2nd road but now I will have to look at my house as I drive past and do a huge detour to soi watboon, back along beach road then up soi chaiyaphuk to get to a few yards from where I was in the first place! This will also cause the same problems for people who live in the housing estate on the corner with Chaiyaphruk and 2nd road.

Big problems for me. I have a home on soi Chaiyaphruk about 10 metres from 2nd road towards the beach. Now it is easy to get there from either sukemvit or 2nd road but now I will have to look at my house as I drive past and do a huge detour to soi watboon, back along beach road then up soi chaiyaphuk to get to a few yards from where I was in the first place! This will also cause the same problems for people who live in the housing estate on the corner with Chaiyaphruk and 2nd road.

Not sure what you mean? You think Chaiyaphruk will be one way? Nobody said that.

I wish you good luck with that. Chaiyapruek is already busy with traffic , the rush hours will be a nighttmare for the residents living there.

I read that Chaiyaphruk will be one way from beach road up to 2nd road

And also Soi 5 and Soi 7. This will be horrible for these small Sois. The Second Road is in a catastrophic condition. The City Hall obviously don't give a shit.

This idea is insane and will lead into a major chaos.

There would be better measures to improve the traffic. But this would need some discipline and endurance from the authority to enforce existing traffic rules. And please, keep the roads in order. Until this will not change, everything else can not work. We only can hope, that enough locals will complain.

And also Soi 5 and Soi 7. This will be horrible for these small Sois. The Second Road is in a catastrophic condition. The City Hall obviously don't give a shit.

There would be better measures to improve the traffic. But this would need some discipline and endurance from the authority to enforce existing traffic rules. And please, keep the roads in order. Until this will not change, everything else can not work. We only can hope, that enough locals will complain.

Are we speculating or do we have confirmation which Sois will be one way? If the one way restriction for Beach Rd. ends at Chaiyapruek then keeping this soi two way would be essential so traffic can continue to the beach and then south to Na Jomtien.

Are we speculating or do we have confirmation which Sois will be one way? If the one way restriction for Beach Rd. ends at Chaiyapruek then keeping this soi two way would be essential so traffic can continue to the beach and then south to Na Jomtien.

I did misreading the post i quoted. Soi 5 and Soi 7 will remaining two-way traffic. Chayaproek as well.

I meant, since Soi 5 und 7 the only connection between BR and 2nd Road is, this Sois will suffer heavy.

Where did you read that? Please post link.

Why not first browsew through the thread and read #7 e.g.?

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Community-News/ONE-WAY-HIGHWAY-FOR-JOMTIEN_3110201402

I did and no longer find the article on that website using the link, if you can find it, maybe copy and paste the pertinent information. I am looking at the article in the newsstand version and it says nothing about which east-west roads will be one way, if any. The Pattaya Mail also says nothing.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/jomtien-beach-road-goes-one-way-nov-12-for-a-month-42560

This will also cause a problem for people who live anywhere near the "police station" past the "big arch,"....the people who live on or close to beach road. Now, to get to Pattaya, they will have to hike all the way to 2nd road (which is much longer in distance than the corresponding distance between beach road and 2nd road in Pattaya) or take a baht bus that goes in the opposite direction of Pattaya all the way to Chaiyapruek, turn left down Chaiyapruek, and then make another left on 2nd, etc. Pain in the ass! And none of us know for sure which sois the baht bus drivers will decide turn on. Some may turn on soi 5, others on soi 7, others will not turn and go all the way to Chaiyapruek and make the big loop. This seems FUBAR, but maybe not; we will soon see for sure.

This will also cause a problem for people who live anywhere near the "police station" past the "big arch,"....the people who live on or close to beach road. Now, to get to Pattaya, they will have to hike all the way to 2nd road (which is much longer in distance than the corresponding distance between beach road and 2nd road in Pattaya) or take a baht bus that goes in the opposite direction of Pattaya all the way to Chaiyapruek, turn left down Chaiyapruek, and then make another left on 2nd, etc. Pain in the ass! And none of us know for sure which sois the baht bus drivers will decide turn on. Some may turn on soi 5, others on soi 7, others will not turn and go all the way to Chaiyapruek and make the big loop. This seems FUBAR, but maybe not; we will soon see for sure.

We just have to wait and see. I live in the area you describe and I support this test. I envision a baht bus que for anyone returning to Pattaya at the 7-11 by the police station. There are many riders that have had a day at the beach and simply want to return to Pattaya. Also you can easily walk through the Jomtien Complex and catch a bus on 2nd Road.

I did and no longer find the article on that website using the link,

The link still works perfectly.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Community-News/ONE-WAY-HIGHWAY-FOR-JOMTIEN_3110201402

The text is:

ONE WAY HIGHWAY FOR JOMTIEN An important announcement was made at Pattaya City Hall on the afternoon of Thursday, 30th October that Jomtien Beach Road will become a one way highway. This major changeover will happen on Wednesday, 12th November, 2014 and will affect the stretch of road from the intersection with Jomtien Second Road (near the Matchanu Monkey Statue) down and along the beach front and go up to the Chaiyapruek Road junction to Jomtien Second Road. For further information call Pattaya City Call Centre: 1337.

News stories placed on this website are short versions. If you would like the full story, please read the Pattaya People Weekly newspaper

Edited by KhunBENQ

I did and no longer find the article on that website using the link,

The link still works perfectly.

The text is:

ONE WAY HIGHWAY FOR JOMTIEN An important announcement was made at Pattaya City Hall on the afternoon of Thursday, 30th October that Jomtien Beach Road will become a one way highway. This major changeover will happen on Wednesday, 12th November, 2014 and will affect the stretch of road from the intersection with Jomtien Second Road (near the Matchanu Monkey Statue) down and along the beach front and go up to the Chaiyapruek Road junction to Jomtien Second Road. For further information call Pattaya City Call Centre: 1337.

News stories placed on this website are short versions. If you would like the full story, please read the Pattaya People Weekly newspaper

Thanks for that and I did read the full story in the newspaper. So what we can say for certainty is that if any of the east-west sois will be one way is pure speculation.

Tommorow...

A wise word smile.png

I will not be there before Nov 26.

Awaiting the reports/

The diagram shows Chaiyaphruek two way all through, in contrast to what has been written in another article.

Also: does it imply that it will be possible to pass second road at Boonkanchana (again)?

But yes: tommorow!

Please report.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Tommorow...

A wise word smile.png

I will not be there before Nov 26.

Awaiting the reports/

The diagram shows Chaiyaphruek two way all through, in contrast to what has been written in another article.

Also: does it imply that it will be possible to pass second road at Boonkanchana (again)?

But yes: tommorow!

Please report.

SOi Watboon is still blocked by heavy construction at 2nd Road, you must make U-turns on 2nd to get across the intersection.