Double Entry Tourist Visa from Savanakhet

My mate just swung a Double entry Tourist Visa from Savanakhet, issued on 29 October entry until Jan 28, so I guess it is only

3 months validity. Something you should check if you go there.

Back to Back off Penang Visa and a massive overstay, so I guess he doing alright then.

They are doing same day visa's there if you submit your paperwork by 11am, he reckons they have them ready after 3:30pm officially. Apparently the gate is locked, and it was unlocked before 3pm so wandered in and got his passport back early.

He has expected to spend the night there, but with the visa coming same day and picking it up early, he made it back to Mukdahan by 5pm to make the VIP bus back to Mo Chit. He got through the door like an hour ago so pretty long bus ride.

this is very important information which basically means it is equivalent to single entry visa unless you need to travel abroad

How would it be the same as a single entry?

You just need to use the 2nd entry before the 3 month validity ends. You can still get almost 6 months of total stay from one.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report, all Tourist Visa issued in Laos, Malaysia, Mynamar, Cambodia, Vietnam have a validity of THREE month only, means both entries must be used by the ENTER BEFORE date.

Earlier this year i recieved a 2 entry tourist visa at Hanoi, Vietnam valid for 6 months.

6 months validity are for 3 entry TVs i think

i got a 2 entry TV at the Thai embassy in Australia and it's valid period was 3 months

AFAIK single entries are always 3 months.

Double entries can be 3 or 6 months. Hanoi & Bali, for examples, were 6 months. Hong Kong and Seoul as well, if i recall. Laos & Kuala Lumpur 3 months.

• 2 months later...

So any special requirements from

Savanakhet

Or same same as Vientiane ?

Need a 2x TR later this month. will go on my own have a yellow bus from Pattaya-Mukdahan . . .

1 day visa process sounds lovely ! still doing it i guess? if come early morning . . .

My plane:

Route 815 Mukdahan-Rayong

29 January 21:30 from Pattaya arrive : 08:45 then i take tuktuk to Savanakhet Thai Consulate . . apply and receive my TRx2 later same day.... then tuktuk back...

19:00 Bus back to Pattaya..... done! ......... have a missed something ?

Edited by oMega69

You need to be at the consulate in Savannakhet by 11 am. I am not sure you will make to the consulate by then arriving at 8:45,

You will need to get a bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet from bus station when you arrive. There is no tuk tuk that can take you all the way to the consulate.

The bus will stop at Thai immigration for you to depart the country then you get back on the bus cross the bridge and get a Lao visa on arrival and enter Laos. You can get tuk tuk from that side of the bridge to the consulate.

You need to be at the consulate in Savannakhet by 11 am. I am not sure you will make to the consulate by then arriving at 8:45,

You will need to get a bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet from bus station when you arrive. There is no tuk tuk that can take you all the way to the consulate.

The bus will stop at Thai immigration for you to depart the country then you get back on the bus cross the bridge and get a Lao visa on arrival and enter Laos. You can get tuk tuk from that side of the bridge to the consulate.

Isee.. so worst-case scenario is to stay in Savannakhet 1 night then . . . . .

I guess if i drive my motorcycle instead in and out to Savannakhet is a no go ? . . . .

Edited by oMega69

• 7 months later...

I can't see a section on the Savannakhet tourist visa application form for "number of entries".

Does anyone know what the process is to request double entry? Just ask when handing over the form? Post-it note with a big "2" attached to the form?

Many thanks

this is very important information which basically means it is equivalent to single entry visa unless you need to travel abroad

How would it be the same as a single entry?

You just need to use the 2nd entry before the 3 month validity ends. You can still get almost 6 months of total stay from one.

How about passport photos and copies when submitting the application for the 2 entry? Do you need anything like that?

whistling.gif For a short period this year Savanakhet was same day visa service.

I believe that now they are back to their previous 2 day visa service.

If so, you will need at least one day stay overnight in Savanakhet, which means a cheap but clean hotel.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• 2 months later...
They are doing same day visa's there if you submit your paperwork by 11am, he reckons they have them ready after 3:30pm officially.

Could someone please confirm if this is still the case for a double entry tourist visa?

Edited by stoicccc

They are doing same day visa's there if you submit your paperwork by 11am, he reckons they have them ready after 3:30pm officially.

Could someone please confirm if this is still the case for a double entry tourist visa?

The same day service ended on February 1st of this year.

They are back to next afternoon service. Apply by 11 am and pickup the next afternoon at 2 pm.