Koh Tao headman's son gives DNA sample to quell controversy

webfact

That the RTP don't know who this kid in the CCTV is simply shows how incompetent the whole investigation has been.

They knew who it was on 23rd September.

both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/
They had suspects before that and after.

You knew the meaning of the word 'exculpatory', right?

Edited by jdinasia

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will say again....for about the 5th or 6th time, police can kick in the doors of a bar & demand everybody piss in a bottle to test for drugs. I'm no forensic expert, but I'd wager there is lots of DNA in a urine sample.

They should have kicked in this guy's door & said there were reports of drug use in his apartment & made him pee in a bottle.

That's not very honest, but under what precedent do they raid bars & force people to give urine samples?

WHY oh WHY, has it taken weeks upon weeks to get DNA from this guy?

What's to say the cops didn't swab the inside of an elephant's mouth and swap that out for Nomsad Worat Numbnut's DNA?

Anybody who has ever had any dealing with the BiB knows they can be bought.

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!!

Add to that the CCA violations.. But I doubt that they will go after foreigners.
Yes because Kookyapooky justanotherfarang

Are names you can sue eh? Would the real slim shady please stand up!!

USA records, email addresses..

Do you think records would not be turned over if a court order was issued?

And people register with the likes of sham69@gmail nothing like narrowing that down to a few Billion people eh?

I think the saddest thing is people don't even realize how out there they sound and even go so far as submitting proof through a link that clearly states technology is not currently available to determine a person by their walk and certainly the facebook morons not using such technology and ignoring the fact that such idiotic internet detective work is not needs as it has been investigated and confirmed the kid wasn't on the island and they have matching dna to the two suspects in custody and this kid now has volunteered his dna in hopes it will stop such lunatic gossip and rumor based on idiocy.

From the link provided above ...

But despite more than three decades of research, using gait analysis as a biometric has never taken off. Until now, perhaps. Recent advances in the accuracy of automated gait recognition suggest the technology could soon form the basis for a new generation of security systems.

Still you make it sound like it would be impossible to match someone based on walking style,, while researchers believe it's like a fingerprint...

How many people have been convicted based on gait analysis? How many on fingerprints?

By the way, how many murders have these anonymous Columbos at CSI LA solved?

I think you know the answers to those questions already.... but what is your point?

The point is what is the point of pushing unproven theories coming from unproven sources in support of mere speculation? I don't think that would lead to a better understanding of the situation/

During my Mil days when describing a person we used a format that's was A to G and the G stood for Gait, dismiss it all you want it's still I used to this day when describing a person of interest and it is relevant too, as it's just another thing to narrow down suspects.

What a load of ball ocks. The system's credibility is shot to bits. There is no trust in the integrity of the DNA sampling and testing.

The spin doctors are out in force, attempting to head off the backlash that will inevitably happen when the Burmese guys are found guilty.

It's all so disgusting and reprehensible. A real affront to the notion of fairness and justice.

So if in your own country your family was accussed and bullied on social media and every attempt you made to prove your innocence was twisted into another reason of guilt . Why would you do ?.

He is young , he is Thai and he is rich....

For many that alone must make him guilty...

So if in your own country your family was accussed and bullied on social media and every attempt you made to prove your innocence was twisted into another reason of guilt . Why would you do ?.

if he was guilty, in any real crime family, he would have already been "taken care" of

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

Add to that the CCA violations.. But I doubt that they will go after foreigners.
Yes because Kookyapooky justanotherfarang

Are names you can sue eh? Would the real slim shady please stand up!!

USA records, email addresses..

Do you think records would not be turned over if a court order was issued?

And people register with the likes of sham69@gmail nothing like narrowing that down to a few Billion people eh?

Sorry. Auto correct. IP addresses.

They tracked down Mr. Catch Me If You Can.

if he was guilty, in any real crime family, he would have already been "taken care" of

Not an answer to the question posed.

I think whoever is behind CSI LA should be very nervous . And rightfully so..you cant just be accusing people on social media of being implicated in murders..Not just this Thai family but the Scottish guy and a few others.

No other civilized country would allow this behavior...

The people behind CSI LA should be held accountable ..

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

Wow ,, I have completely missed this...

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

"Wow ,, I have completely missed this... " blink.png

How much more have you missed?

It would certainly explain some of your posts...

facepalm.gif facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The local village headman on a small island says jump and half of Thailand including senior police say 'yes sir, how high sir'.

A nice example of one of things that needs reform. Control / take away the power of influential people.

The village headman says he will sue anybody who discredits his family.

I note he's' not saying anything about others who are possibly being discredited.

A sign of good leadership (village or otherwise) would be to espouse values etc., which apply broadly.

--------------

More like 98%

I think whoever is behind CSI LA should be very nervous . And rightfully so..you cant just be accusing people on social media of being implicated in murders..Not just this Thai family but the Scottish guy and a few others.

You think this country is civilized?

CSILA have got rather a lot of evidence - they are not just picking someone by chance.

• Like 2

Yeah, right - what happened to this one? http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

I strongly suggest that all the "Ohhh, CSI LA guy should be very afraid now to read the following, published on Sept. 23 on Thai PBS carefully:

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

Any questions?

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Here's the dialogue between father and son: "Ok son it's now safe for you to go and give your DNA sample. I've spoken to our boys in the RTP,"

"Thanks Dad."

Totally laughable as if anyone including the majority of the Thai public is going to believe this charade.

Refusing to give a DNA sample in the first instance makes him a prime suspect regardless of whether he committed the crime or not.

This ain't going away any time soon.

• Like 1

They're are based in the US. Don't think the US will hand him/her over cause some island chief is upset.