Retirement Extension - Nakhon Sawan

I did my yearly extension this morning along with a 90 day report and obtained a Residence Certificate to apply for my DL renewal. I was in and out with all three done in 35 minutes.

I used the "Income Affidavit" method and the officer confirmed that their "big Boss" requires that it be issued within 30 days of submitting the application, not 6 months like some other offices. In addition, the Residence Certificate cost is 500 baht with no receipt, not free like some others.

Even the officer commented on how quiet it was this morning, My extension was the 1100th issued by them this year, last year I was the 1049th, the year before 1481st and in 2054 I was the 781st so the office isn't really overworked and it's actually pleasant going there.

• Like 1

Were you also asked for the first time to sign forms to confirm your awareness of the penalties for overstaying? I gather from various reports on here that this has been common practice for retirement and marriage extensions applied for since May. However, I was most certainly not asked to sign any new forms to this effect which I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong Immigration in July!

I was asked to sign three forms:

1.The usual one where all of the info contained on the TM7 form and the monthly income amount from the income affidavit, converted to Thai baht, has been reentered on a form that is in Thai. The signature confirms that the info is correct. My wife usually goes and she is also asked to sign the form even though I'm applying for a retirement extension.

2. The second form that states that I understand that if the reason that I obtained the extension changes it would make the extension invalid. I've signed this form in the past.

3. A new form that states that I understand the new rules pertaining to overstay penalties and blacklisting.

It was also the first time that my passport was "scanned", which didn't work properly until she rapped the scanner a couple of times. In addition they took a picture with the camera hooked to the computer which had not been done in the past.

Were you also asked for the first time to sign forms to confirm your awareness of the penalties for overstaying? I gather from various reports on here that this has been common practice for retirement and marriage extensions applied for since May. However, I was most certainly not asked to sign any new forms to this effect which I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong Immigration in July!

I had to do that when I did my extension in July at NS.

I took another set down with me this time as well as the TM30 wife notification forms but they weren't interested.

A nice office with good staff.

The Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office is friendly and efficient place to have to conduct business with Thai immigration. I have no intention of fixing something that isn't broken by being a twit!

• Like 1

Why not ask for a receipt for your Residence Certificate? And you wouldn't need to pay 500 baht..

Unfortunately most foreigners are OK with paying up all the time, and consider courtesy as valid justification for petty extortion.

Why not ask for a receipt for your Residence Certificate? And you wouldn't need to pay 500 baht..

Unfortunately most foreigners are OK with paying up all the time, and consider courtesy as valid justification for petty extortion.

Well it's not like we have any choice, they got us firmly by the balls, it's their way or the highway.

Well it's not like we have any choice, they got us firmly by the balls, it's their way or the highway.

We have a choice, you only need to say receipt and you don't need to pay anything..

I've heard that it's free, I've also heard that some pay 200 baht and I've also heard that some pay 500 baht, as I do, and some that some offices refuse to issue them The hearsay has been only here on TV. Can you provide a link that clearly states that immigration will issue a Residence Certificate, required to obtain or renew a 5 year DL, for FREE! I have never seen anything in writing in either an immigration regulation, a police order or on the MFA website.

"We have a choice, you only need to say receipt and you don't need to pay anything." That's most likely a very true statement as you will be leaving the immigration office without the Certificate that you need. Have you personally ever tried doing what you say?

IMHO it would be shear stupidity to jeopardize a good working relationship with your local immigration office, as I do, by demanding a receipt. If you don't like the 500 baht go to your Embassy and get one, the US charges $50 and unless the baht has gone to s%$t overnight that's a fair bit more than 500 baht.

A lot of us in the south of Phetchabun would like to use NS too, instead we have to go to Phitsanulok. Good job I like driving in the countryside.

Well it is better than Nan, which thankfully I only did once.

Phits are still issuing "under consideration 7 day stamps" for retirement extensions, saying its because of martial law. Plus this week a friend from Wichien Buri was asked for a google map to his house and photo's of his house and him standing outside it etc. Unusual for retirement extensions. He is a youthful looking 51 year old and they at first did not believe he was old enough too.