Defending all the "stingy" men out there!

^ Agreed. They all need money for things and know they pay through the nose for loans from lenders, but loans within the 'family' are unlikely to ever be repaid.

Everyone's experience is different.

In my extended Thai Family network, I've never seen a Baht lent that was later 'forgiven or forgotten'.

Heck, I've even borrowed from the future FiL ... w00t.gif

Having seen many of your posts, you seem to have "landed with your bum in the butter" with your Thai family. Many here would think you're in a minority. Hope your good luck continues.

Thanks laobali, I do appreciate the well wishes.

You've actually taught me something ... I never heard the expression of having "landed with your bum in the butter" ... laugh.png

I also hope my good luck continues, and wish you, and your Family a share of that luck also ... thumbsup.gif

post-104736-0-54744300-1414833413.png

Edited by David48

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NAN LAEW--YES I'AM EX ARMY 1978 TO 1982 i was one of the first peacekeepers, Corporal 2 star 3rd Battalion RAR --YES Thailand its dangerous to both health and pocket ! Iam big on apprieciation, and i cant seem to find any of it Thailand, as stated I got a good wife))) .... but trying to weave her out of the ''rediculous '' non moralistic thai ways ''

Hell talk about a full time job))) , no advancment or'' adapting to the ways of the man that pays life's frieght '' in them -'')))))))))) like trying to teach a classroom full of retards ''

I honestly don't know how much longer i shall stay living thier , ive just about had a gutfull , The good farangs head over to save ''the poor thai girls ass '' no brass band or ticket tape parade as you alight the plane, to save the damsell , from the ''demon thai man'' !( in other words just not a scrap of gratitude )

And every bird i met thier, wanted to give you the story of (( HIM BAD MAN / THAI MAN ) i have never heard a bird speak good of one !

If they are all so evil ?-- what are doing mixing with them ???

Mine spent a year telling me how nasty and evil are thai men -- next thing she is talking to one in the street ? - i sat back i thought these are the creatures she spent close to 12 months telling me off thier evils((( '' must not go near Darlink ''' evil thai)))) MAN HIM BAD ---BAD)))) ~ ID LIKE $10 FOR EVERY TIME SHE SAID THAT ----------NEXT THING THEY ARE TALKING TO THEM ?

I just shake my head and walk away ))))

( she hates em but well)))) you just don't know ??? --so much hippocracy in them)) - you just don't know what to believe ??)

In reality --- Thais, they must have about 5 personalities))) and 4 of them are dangerous !

Too many double standards thier mate -at days end its all about money ))-------------yours))))) and how much they can get, before you realise the cards out of cash !

A CHAP I KNOW---- Aussie just finished 3 years with one family owned as far as the eye could see Rubber trees new cars 49 relatives! they had about 20 million baht - but the man whom had 7 million baht mister nice guy - they bled him to death for $$$ -- when his funds ran out! they turfed him out the door ---((( there you had the rich bludging off the poorer )) hows that work ???

They loved him to death -BUT the first time his atm card - ''said contact your bank innsufficient funds''' - they didnt want to know him ( the thais ) they'd - not buy him a bowl of rice lol

The good deeds are forgotten in a big hurry yes !

If you want to be stingy in Thailand then pretend to be poor. The Thai people will accept it then.

And then you lose face,Mr Nobody!

True dat.

So you can't win!

Might as well keep your money!

Face is nice but you can't eat it and it don't pay the rent.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

If you want to be stingy in Thailand then pretend to be poor. The Thai people will accept it then.

True dat.

So you can't win!

And that's the rub,I'm sure I will never understand why face is so important,when there is so many other considerations,that come first!

True dat.

So you can't win!

And that's the rub,I'm sure I will never understand why face is so important,when there is so many other considerations,that come first!

I wish the mother of my kids could answer your question....sensibly. Its emotional immaturity.....with many of them.

Good thread this is - we see all the differences thailand from my vast times thier ive always seen that nomatter what - the greed in thais its insatiable , i wonder when it finishes ?, where deciet and money puts its feet up and says ------------enough is enough ! don't know if i will see that day ever !!!

Strange you know i know a woman westerner thats worked in an embassy there for the last 12 years, she told me when she retires in about 5 months she's going to sit down and write a series of books on ''thailand deciet and greed '' i said why a series ?/ she replied well you'd never fit it all into 1 book or 2 , il be writing for years he said!

Seeing whAt she had - she had a filing cabinet 150cm high 4 draws 2 foot deep and full of complaints from men of her country all been scammed -true i seen it )))you could not close the draws ,. the complaints stacked 10 inches high in a pile manilla folders on the floor !

Said to me, 12 years ive worked here, and to this day i don't know why a thai woman can't just rise from bed , get 1 husband not 31 , never tell a lie , just go to work / come home , ask no bastard for nothing . and just do life straight !

She said absolutely amazing ive worked 12 years just go to work / come home ive never taken a penny from anybody,or told lies - why can't the next person do the same ???

( really can't be that hard she stated )

Her percentages over a 3 year period were like 83% they all on the scam and 17% success !!

women want far too much ---they have this vision --all in west are rich ???--where do they ever get this idea ?

She showed me a record 657 marriages that took place over 36 month period -oh it was unreal within 15months there were 87 divorces from the 657 and the following 13 months thier were 186 more divorces from this group of 657 there appeared 119 cases of scam men had lost the lot ---------hells bells not good huh !

it just went on and on !!

Not real good figures eh))) it amazed me totally !

In the end i asked her whats your vision of a good recipe for success with these people ???

she replied ----------give em nothing and take em noplace, and never ever tell a 1 of them that you have more than $1000 in the bank , then you may have 25% chance of success !

cry poor she said .....................just the same as they do !

• Like 1

Good thread this is - we see all the differences thailand from my vast times thier ive always seen that nomatter what - the greed in thais its insatiable , i wonder when it finishes ?, where deciet and money puts its feet up and says ------------enough is enough ! don't know if i will see that day ever !!!

Strange you know i know a woman westerner thats worked in an embassy there for the last 12 years, she told me when she retires in about 5 months she's going to sit down and write a series of books on ''thailand deciet and greed '' i said why a series ?/ she replied well you'd never fit it all into 1 book or 2 , il be writing for years he said!

Seeing whAt she had - she had a filing cabinet 150cm high 4 draws 2 foot deep and full of complaints from men of her country all been scammed -true i seen it )))you could not close the draws ,. the complaints stacked 10 inches high in a pile manilla folders on the floor !

Said to me, 12 years ive worked here, and to this day i don't know why a thai woman can't just rise from bed , get 1 husband not 31 , never tell a lie , just go to work / come home , ask no bastard for nothing . and just do life straight !

She said absolutely amazing ive worked 12 years just go to work / come home ive never taken a penny from anybody,or told lies - why can't the next person do the same ???

( really can't be that hard she stated )

Her percentages over a 3 year period were like 83% they all on the scam and 17% success !!

women want far too much ---they have this vision --all in west are rich ???--where do they ever get this idea ?

She showed me a record 657 marriages that took place over 36 month period -oh it was unreal within 15months there were 87 divorces from the 657 and the following 13 months thier were 186 more divorces from this group of 657 there appeared 119 cases of scam men had lost the lot ---------hells bells not good huh !

it just went on and on !!

Not real good figures eh))) it amazed me totally !

In the end i asked her whats your vision of a good recipe for success with these people ???

she replied ----------give em nothing and take em noplace, and never ever tell a 1 of them that you have more than $1000 in the bank , then you may have 25% chance of success !

cry poor she said .....................just the same as they do !

http://www.cracked.com/article_18409_the-5-most-statistically-full-shit-national-stereotypes.html

All national stereotypes are BS including the above references to Thailand.

Since the percent of divorces in the USA is 50% the Thai numbers that you presented look good and you look silly. Bets you have never been to Thailand.

post-187908-0-66305800-1414905784_thumb.

Point of the "rubbish" is to sort out the guilty feelings, angry feelings, resentments, projections etc and get back to reality. Of course, then what would there be to complain about?

I've looked at this and come to the difficult decision that I can't afford a thai wife or girl friend. Just the way it is....

It's rarely about right and wrong but rather about one's priorities...

Edited by arend

Sensible is what I would call it. If I am called a tight arse, sticky sh*t, mean or whatever, that is better than being a fool with my money. Hard to come by and easy to lose for those not sensible enough to hang on to their money.

In the last 2 weeks I have been getting around and about a bit in my old haunts and chatting to the females in the bars I have known over the years. As always they ask where my woman is and when I tell them I do not have one the topic then turns to asking if I want them. Their prices made me laugh. One aged 47 and starting to look it offered me her services for 30K a month. Another asked for 20K a third even asked for 40K. And they were expecting free accommodation, food and to be taken out.

That sort of money is better in my pocket thanks.

Being a patient man and having some phone numbers from before, I get visits and promises of future visits and no cash involved, only travel expenses and food, drinks etc. They know I refuse to go crazy with money and knowing this has not stopped them from wanting to see me.

They can keep the ones who feel I am tight-fisted. No loss to me.

Since the ladies are asking, what did happen to 'your woman' BTW? Are you newly single (again) like the OP?

I guess with 47 year-old slappers asking upwards of 20k/month to do your housekeeping and drain your spuds, you are still trawling the hostess bars on Soi 33 no?

Well yes tad bitter but its because ''everythings got to do with trying get $$$ from mister farang , you'd reackon they'd give it a rest now again - nice place thailand , be a much better place if all methods of trying to extract every dollar from farang ..... were canned !

any place makes me bitter mate where you are in thier country, seeing -- they all get by just fine on x amount of money !! but they want 4 x more from you?

purely because your a stranger ? its a bit rude !!-------------- in my country - that's called scam !

people come to my country the bus fare so to speak ----------is the same for all races / so to flat rents / so too car prices / so too 1000 things !

but thailands not ? go figure that !

So why do you care? Don't vacation in Thailand. Vacation in a country with no scams. That's what I'd do. I get more money than Thai people get for doing the same job so I stay but I wonder if it costs you more why you stay or vacation here?

Vacation in a country with no scams?? Are you kidding? I've visited probably 30+ countries, and every one of them has its scams, from taxi drivers trying on surcharges into certain areas, trips after 10 pm, etc., to hotels loading the price because they see foreigners as 'well off' comparatively. The worst were in the US, Germany, UK and Australia!! Scamming tourists exists everywhere, I'm sure, but in developing countries, the numbers are smaller. When I was in China 10+ years ago there was a government policy of charging foreigners 3 times what locals pay for hotels, transport, etc.

I dont know mate, i think we can all afford thai women , so long as they recall what they have to offer us in return for bleeding one to death $$ wise ???

take out the lies & the scamming families - then what have they really got to offer us ?? not much huh ))) we are in favour mode to them , soon as we alight the plane !

they all sob poverty but take a stroll through udon thani see how many cars you can count that are 8 years old ??? amazing __ if the poverty stories are all true well we should only see Rickshaws '' and buffalos along with starvation and beggars abound )) but i didnt see that )))

The woman i think they deserve about twice the average 9k baht they get a month in most jobs . I think if a woman wants more that that , ''then she had entered greed street ''-------------the big thing they forget - is without us, they have nothing ))))) ( and looking at the amount of westerners whom actually want to live thier ???? )) well )) from US few ___ they don't have much of a selection to choose from)))) ( beggar can't be the chooser ) not in my country they can't )))

Without us they sitting in a dirty village street in Issan chewing on 30 baht pok pok !

If somebody came along and saved my ass )))) id never stop saying thanks ! but Thais''' they appear to miss that part of life ?????''the gratitude section '' its missing out of thier dictionary !

SOMEBODY TORE OUT THE PAGES EH )))

NEVER BEEN TO THAILAND AY??? would you like my address there??? happy to give it too you )))) ..........the stats i wrote, divorces in thailand ,( SORRY TO DISSAPOINT YOU mr negative marvin the robot )))) but the stats'' are correct )))) hey''' if they were straight and honest, there would --- not be hardly any divorces !

You should take a read one day of some of the Australian Newspapers))) ''tales of the people scammed'' 8 from 10 stories, relate to Thailand ))))) not good huh ! , it would open your eyes a bit!

The papers are full of it in Aussie ''another poor sole scammed'' by the evil thais ''))) there was a 4 page story, recently --- on 1 poor bloke recently !! it had the words below his picture ''decieved by the unaprieciative'' ------- our dear Thailand, much as i like it!!! ------------its got no good name,!!!! and instead of getting better!!! ----------its getting worse !

HAVE TO AGREE WITH ''CORSAIR'' the countries X MANY are dribbling in scams ))), yet i'm trying to find just 1 tiny section of thailand ( where i live thier is not bad ) but yes 1 tiny section where the buggers are not into you for a quid !!! ( thats all i want --- they can have the rest of it )))-----------one particulart thai recently robbed my wife there for $$$$ , she'd know the person 17 years , she said to me ''bastard of a place'' you can't even trust your so called friends'???? ------- its scary when they are robbing thier own . so much for THAI ''RAK THAI '' EH !

I made 1 mistake)))) i used to think they only robbed westerners??? but ive lived there half of this year 2014, and i was seeing them robbing each other ? that was an eye opener to me !

I think the Indonesions, hold the crown for scams ))) i think they won the scam award )) they litteraly........... would rob ''pa ''pa !

Australias bad for scams yes ... but i think if you eradicated say 75% of the multiculturals))) the scam rate in Aussie, would come tumbling down at once !

The multis / races that where it all starts , the scams the greed is unreal --they all have this inbuilt obcesstion ''to die with the most $"""??? he whom dies with the most ----------wins ???

what good is it all to you -------dead ???.. all for nothing!!!! --yes indeed ---- its all for nothing !

• Like 1

No pension Elliot )))) hmm that would make things interesting - best woman for you is one--- deft/ dumb and blind - she'd never see your wallet / you'd never get an argument out of her / and she'd ask you for nothing lol thats the best one eh !

we all need a mrs as that !!!!

your 25 years away from pension --- hell iam only 6/8 years away - but i dont want it anyway - to much diatribe pollie correct correct crap invoilved in getting a few bux from the Govvy ! they want to know all about you = bit rude eh !

Do as i do just work for yourself there , i can make 85% income in thailand --- near same as i make in Australia ))) just work on pc!! easy easy !

Nobody ever asks me thier what i do for a job??? i'd never tell them either))) - bugger em !

I dont know mate, i think we can all afford thai women , so long as they recall what they have to offer us in return for bleeding one to death $$ wise ???

take out the lies & the scamming families - then what have they really got to offer us ?? not much huh ))) we are in favour mode to them , soon as we alight the plane !

they all sob poverty but take a stroll through udon thani see how many cars you can count that are 8 years old ??? amazing __ if the poverty stories are all true well we should only see Rickshaws '' and buffalos along with starvation and beggars abound )) but i didnt see that )))

The woman i think they deserve about twice the average 9k baht they get a month in most jobs . I think if a woman wants more that that , ''then she had entered greed street ''-------------the big thing they forget - is without us, they have nothing ))))) ( and looking at the amount of westerners whom actually want to live thier ???? )) well )) from US few ___ they don't have much of a selection to choose from)))) ( beggar can't be the chooser ) not in my country they can't )))

Without us they sitting in a dirty village street in Issan chewing on 30 baht pok pok !

If somebody came along and saved my ass )))) id never stop saying thanks ! but Thais''' they appear to miss that part of life ?????''the gratitude section '' its missing out of thier dictionary !

There are 43 colleges in Issan with thousands of graduates every year. I work with 5 female engineers from Issan who do quite well and would never look at an uneducated rude fellow such as yourself.

What really comes across to me is that you have no idea what you are talking about and most probably only know about Thailand from what you read.

My Thai born wife has a masters degree in Accountancy and whilst I have a good job she earns more than me. Minst you I didn't meet her in a go go bar or massage parlour.

Old proverb "a fool and his money are easily parted" but even easier when away from your council flat in Croydon :-)

Edited by japsportscarmad

Haha good old Thaivisa

The only place where multi divorced men, hansum indeed who go to pick up some bar girl half their age

And come and boast and outdo eachother about how much they know about Thailand and how long they have lived in it

It's a unique phenenomenon that only happens in thailand, no other country in my experience

Classic!

• Like 2

Haha good old Thaivisa

The only place where multi divorced men, hansum indeed who go to pick up some bar girl half their age

And come and boast and outdo eachother about how much they know about Thailand and how long they have lived in it

It's a unique phenenomenon that only happens in thailand, no other country in my experience

Classic!

It happens in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam as well :-((

When I first took the family to dinner, from the mother down to the youngest child nobody said a simple thank you, I mentioned this to my t/gf and told her it is polite normal society to thank the host for a meal, the next time I took them they all said thank you and the mother even thanked me for looking after her daughter so well. So a little education in common manners went a long way,

Haha good old Thaivisa

Classic!

It happens in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam as well :-((

It happens everywhere and involves the lowest of the low and the highest of the high and the ladies are fought over by PM's and Titans of industry.

Tony Blair's rep denies rumors of affair with Rupert Murdoch's wife Wendi Deng

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/rupert-murdoch-wendy-deng-divorce-reasons-report-article-1.1372635

post-187908-0-26369900-1415073585_thumb.

Agree I am a tightarse if you like but thanks to my stinginess I bought my own house with a 6 fig deposit and am very solvent needless to say I have no TGF but had one who wanted me "To buy some land so we can have a rubber farm". Giving people money who have not earned it is fundamentally wrong and does not help them at all in fact it makes them worse. I once worked for some "Hard headed old greaseball Italians" (i.e. old school types no offence inferred) who once said "Spending money (Right) is harder than earning it"

One day I may want another TGF under the following conditions:

1. I will never pay the dowry or give her family any money ever. I will take care of her only.

2. I will never buy a house in her name, we will live in rented accommodation but I may consider that "Usufrunt" thing but only after diligent research and after a few years together to test her worthiness and trust.

3. It has to feel right, and meet her at the right time and get together for the right reasons.

I know my chances are practically zero but hey you never know otherwise being single is not that bad but sometimes its not so good either. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

Agree I am a tightarse if you like but thanks to my stinginess I bought my own house with a 6 fig deposit and am very solvent needless to say I have no TGF but had one who wanted me "To buy some land so we can have a rubber farm". Giving people money who have not earned it is fundamentally wrong and does not help them at all in fact it makes them worse. I once worked for some "Hard headed old greaseball Italians" (i.e. old school types no offence inferred) who once said "Spending money (Right) is harder than earning it"

One day I may want another TGF under the following conditions:

1. I will never pay the dowry or give her family any money ever. I will take care of her only.

2. I will never buy a house in her name, we will live in rented accommodation but I may consider that "Usufrunt" thing but only after diligent research and after a few years together to test her worthiness and trust.

3. It has to feel right, and meet her at the right time and get together for the right reasons.

I know my chances are practically zero but hey you never know otherwise being single is not that bad but sometimes its not so good either. Wish me luck.

Save yourself a lot of trouble. Go to the bank and get a 99% loan to buy a house and land in her name. Assuming she is half your age she'll get it anyway. If the bank won't loan her the money she is not the kind of girl you want.

Edited by thailiketoo

No pension Elliot )))) hmm that would make things interesting - best woman for you is one--- deft/ dumb and blind - she'd never see your wallet / you'd never get an argument out of her / and she'd ask you for nothing lol thats the best one eh !

we all need a mrs as that !!!!

your 25 years away from pension --- hell iam only 6/8 years away - but i dont want it anyway - to much diatribe pollie correct correct crap invoilved in getting a few bux from the Govvy ! they want to know all about you = bit rude eh !

Do as i do just work for yourself there , i can make 85% income in thailand --- near same as i make in Australia ))) just work on pc!! easy easy !

Nobody ever asks me thier what i do for a job??? i'd never tell them either))) - bugger em !

god your writing style annoys me,

dashes, brackets, slashes, excalamation marks, hyphens, equal signs,

most annoying style ever