For our UK travellers.

yermanee

Unlikely IMO when the government is running such a big budgetary-deficit.

One can understand why British Airways would call for it, though.

More interesting will be what combination will be permitted, out of the new runways wanted at LHR, LGW & STN , expect continuing fudge until after the May-2015 elections !

I used Schipol now for a while and won't be changing back....Heathrow is a toilet by comparison.

To be fair, I think things have been improving at LHR in recent years, although it's twenty years since I passed through Amsterdam.

Terminal-5, after the initial cock-ups, seems to be running well. Terminal-4, which I pass through at-least 4 times every year is certainly OK, although more seats & travelators might help. And now Terminal-2 has been fully-rebuilt, for use by Star-Alliance, taking pressure off the older/more-dilapidated Terminal 3.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about-us/company-news-and-information/improving-heathrow

The owners claim GBP 11-billion has been spent at Heathrow since 2003, that has to have made some difference, no doubt they're hoping to get the third runway soon, which should reduce runway-related delays ? It could be worse, it could have continued under British ownership & management !

Some bizzare comments. If I needed to go to Amsterdam I too would use Schipol, but if I was going to London, Heathrow would be best. Peoples fascination with airports is equally odd, they are in effect bus stations with overpriced shops and restaurants, so why people are so emotional about them is beyond me.

The cost of my next flight to Thailand is split almost equally between the actual fare and APD bah.gif

Just flew Bkk to Manchester on Finnair.......fare Bht5000 plus taxes. Came back on Etihad, fare 358 quid plus taxes. Both used same aircraft, same fuel, same landing charges, same crappy food. RIP OFF!

Some bizzare comments. If I needed to go to Amsterdam I too would use Schipol, but if I was going to London, Heathrow would be best. Peoples fascination with airports is equally odd, they are in effect bus stations with overpriced shops and restaurants, so why people are so emotional about them is beyond me.

Its quite simple.

Some of us use smaller airports as our final destination. This means I have a choice to fly to London....Amsterdam...Paris etc from my regional airport then on to Bangkok.

Of those I prefer Amsterdam as I don't have to mess around between different terminals or walk for thirty minutes to find the gate.

• Like 2

Its quite simple.

Some of us use smaller airports as our final destination. This means I have a choice to fly to London....Amsterdam...Paris etc from my regional airport then on to Bangkok.

Of those I prefer Amsterdam as I don't have to mess around between different terminals or walk for thirty minutes to find the gate.

I'm considering it and I live in London. Just that I know I would have to go on a crawl if I was going to Amsterdam. No way I could go there and not stay the night.