Best Internet Provider Hotline ? 3bb, true, tot ? Any chat or online support or have to call ?

ThaiSmarterThanYou

Dealing with these companies is frustrating to no end. I've yet to contact anyone at any of em that can communicate in English to the point that I would trust any transaction between us is going to go down the way I think it will. Save yourself the headache and recruit a Thai friend to set everything up for you.

Dealing with these companies is frustrating to no end. I've yet to contact anyone at any of em that can communicate in English to the point that I would trust any transaction between us is going to go down the way I think it will. Save yourself the headache and recruit a Thai friend to set everything up for you.

What is your provider ?

3bb has excellent English speakers, they are not technicians but a link between the technician and the English speaking client. I found that out during one of our conversations.

Edited by robblok

What is your provider ?

3bb has excellent English speakers, they are not technicians but a link between the technician and the English speaking client. I found that out during one of our conversations.

Got a name and number of a service rep? I tried calling 3BB twice and every time they asked to speak to my Thai gf.

What is your provider ?

Got a name and number of a service rep? I tried calling 3BB twice and every time they asked to speak to my Thai gf.

When I call 3bb I need to pres a number for English. Its the standard 3bb helpdesk nr.

• Like 1

What is your provider ?

When I call 3bb I need to pres a number for English. Its the standard 3bb helpdesk nr.

That sounds familiar. But I seem to recall the rep getting nervous when I asked questions outside the normal routine. I'll try again though.

That sounds familiar. But I seem to recall the rep getting nervous when I asked questions outside the normal routine. I'll try again though.

No problems asking reps outside the routine, but all they do is translate the problem to a tech. If you speak Thai you will get a tech in your area. My Thai is not good enough for this technical stuff so I call the English hotline.

I haven't asked them real complicated stuff though. No need for that if they make sure I have a good connection i can do the rest.

• Like 2

3bb phone customer service is very, very good. However, their techs on the ground are what defines how efficient they are. In Udon and Pattaya, they have been prompt but I cannot vouch for the OP's location... since he has omitted to tell us.

Looking for a totally online 'chat' customer service in Thailand? In English? I don't think they have got as far as having a Thai one yet.

We have TOT here in Nonthaburi... I must say their 1100 complaint line 'for English press 9' is answered quickly and good English is spoken together with they at least understand the problem. On occasions they have even sorted my problem out over the phone.

Speeds like elsewhere vary. One thing I do if the speed is slow, before I complain ... I do a speed test to their http://speedtest1.totbb.net/ two or three times and 'lo and behold' the download speed usually increases. This is not a porky, it actually happens.

Stay away from TOT I gave them the boot just after 30 days . never got a secure wifi router , they kept saying next week.

They are not that expensive.. you could have gotten yourself a good one. I prefer to buy my own router instead of using the crap they supply.

Too bad its not an option with fiber optic. But I did put the one I have in bridge mode and put an expensive and good Asus one behind it.

Its not a major investment for a foreigner.

• Like 1

Those who praise 3BB.

Have you called 3BB recently ? I guess I'm calling Bangkok, after i press x for English, I got a 'thanks we will call back when ..' then waited 3 hours for a callback.

I requested my account ID & password and some details to config a new router, I was informed that it would be too difficult, so they sent Somchai with a bamboo ladder the next day while i was out. It ended up taking nearly 2 days to get something that could have been sent by sms in 10 seconds.

So .. 3BB not for me .. it used to be good, but not after my recent experience.

• Like 1

I disagree with you about their English skills.

I call True quite often and fine that the staff at the call center speak excellent English.

Those who praise 3BB.

Have you called 3BB recently ? I guess I'm calling Bangkok, after i press x for English, I got a 'thanks we will call back when ..' then waited 3 hours for a callback.

I requested my account ID & password and some details to config a new router, I was informed that it would be too difficult, so they sent Somchai with a bamboo ladder the next day while i was out. It ended up taking nearly 2 days to get something that could have been sent by sms in 10 seconds.

Used them recently and even got them to do what you wanted (getting my password) seemed ok. But an other time I had to get it by mail.

Those who praise 3BB.

Used them recently and even got them to do what you wanted (getting my password) seemed ok. But an other time I had to get it by mail.

It wasn't that they sent some guy un-announced to my door .. It's this darn call back service, I continued to try calling back ( and after they refused to give it to me ), but i guess that the call is logged so subsequent calls are ignored.

( although off-topic ) I would say the benchmark for telephone customer service in Thailand is AIS.