DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jdinasia kept throwing out the phrase 'conspiracy theory' and backed it up by saying no press reports have published anything (any of the conspiracy theories) shown on social media. Now Al Jazeera has published some of the things which were first revealed on social media. They're one of the top news outlets in the world.

It's demeaning to the hundreds of thousands of people who interact on social media - to tar them all by saying they're all conspiracy theorists, just because they don't echo authority. Some of those people are experts in their chosen fields. Some were friends of Hannah and David and/or possibly at the bar that night and/or know some of the people who should be suspects or otherwise may have some pertinent info/insight re; what happened.

Interesting that johnthailandjohn is no longer posting on these threads. For a couple of weeks, from when the story broke, he posted often, always taking the establishment route, and agreeing fully with Thai officials.

I think your need to go back and read the AJ article again.

AJ reported about the social media response. It said nothing to support the claims of the conspiracy theorists..

No.

They don't deny being on the beach.

The weapon (s) are not hearsay.

Hearsay isn't a legal impediment. So the confession to the NHRC commissioner is possible.

Motive doesn't rely on hearsay.

DNA isn't hearsay.

So all aspects needed for conviction are present. The defense certainly has plenty to work with.

They were on the beach. That does not mean they are the killers.

You've mentioned the confessions on every reply that I have asked you to give me any hard evidence except for the confessions that has made you believe that these guys are the killers and you haven't come back with any kind of irrefutable evidence yet.

So, apart from the confessions, what hard irrefutable evidence made you believe that the 2 Burmese guys were the killers like you just stated?

@jdinasia

I take your failure to answer my question as confirmation that you have no hard evidence to believe that the Burmese guys are the killers as you just stated.

The only proof that you constantly mention is the confessions and the DNA evidence, both of which were released and can be easily manipulated by whoever is in charge of the case. Confessions can be forced and DNA evidence can be forged or tampered with.

There is no independent or 3rd party evidence against the B2, no impartial witnesses, videos or pictures or anything of the sort that implicates the B2. Your whole belief system is based entirely on what the police has stated about this case.

We live in a country where a policeman had $100 million in cash piled up in his 11 houses and nobody battered an eyelid for years and these are the people that you are relying on for your sole source of proof against two unlikely suspects.

But you are aware of how ridiculous you are and what you are doing but you have to stick to the script. I hope that karma catches up with you and you find yourself on the wrong end of the people you are spending so much of your time and energy defending and helping to get away with rape and murder.

You can take my multiple replies as answering you in full.

That you don't live the answers is not a problem for me..

As for your wishing me ill, gee thanks!

You lost an argument and turned to petty spiteful attacks. Pathetic.

You never answered me in full, my question is still open. You can either pretend to be all offended or you can answer a straight question:

Apart from the confessions, what hard irrefutable evidence made you believe that the 2 Burmese guys were the killers like you just stated?

And again, wrong.

Instead of cherry picking, I accept the current position. Sean did not change his statement. He explained it. He did so after he was safely out of Thailand.

As for, "cops eased Sean's" departure from Thailand. That is just another conspiracy theory.

yes a lot of conspiracy theory lately.

I once did think the talk about Thai cops taking huge bribes was exagerated, and maybe a conspiracy theory as well..after the news of the last week tho youd have to wonder how much of those billions of baht seized came from rich people who didnt want to go to jail.

another one.. the polices first theory about the jealous gay motive. I wonder where this story came from eh?

Although nonsense,who would have come up with that story? Not the police on there own id say.

yes,the first witness/people that talked to police after the event on the next morning were ......

now if these people were innocent of any wrong doing why spin such a wildly rubbish story like that?

if a farang had been found hanged in his room,this scenario might have been the story that ended the whole case then and there.

think about it

innocent people have no need to provide police with wild scenarios to clear themsrlves of guilt

And again, wrong.

Instead of cherry picking, I accept the current position. Sean did not change his statement. He explained it. He did so after he was safely out of Thailand.

As for, "cops eased Sean's" departure from Thailand. That is just another conspiracy theory.

I once did think the talk about Thai cops taking huge bribes was exagerated, and maybe a conspiracy theory as well..after the news of the last week tho youd have to wonder how much of those billions of baht seized came from rich people who didnt want to go to jail.

another one.. the polices first theory about the jealous gay motive. I wonder where this story came from eh?

Although nonsense,who would have come up with that story? Not the police on there own id say.

yes,the first witness/people that talked to police after the event on the next morning were ......

now if these people were innocent of any wrong doing why spin such a wildly rubbish story like that?

if a farang had been found hanged in his room,this scenario might have been the story that ended the whole case then and there.

think about it

innocent people have no need to provide police with wild scenarios to clear themsrlves of guilt

• Like 1

And again, wrong.

think about it

So now you have a conspiracy theory about who / how the post looked at early in the investigation!

Amazing Thailand!

And again, wrong.

think about it

So now you have a conspiracy theory about who / how the post looked at early in the investigation!

Amazing Thailand!

not really, i did ask who gave the police the story about the "gay jealousy" motive and more importantly..why?

This was from the first people at the scene..Why try to provide a motive at that stage and make up something so wildly untrue?

And again, wrong.

think about it

Amazing Thailand!

Any other reason you are refusing to answer a straight question other than you know the answer makes you look bad?

Simple question, no tricks.

What hard irrefutable evidence made you believe that the 2 Burmese guys are the killers as you just stated?

And again, wrong.

So then I assume you also accept the current position of the two accused Burmese men that they are innocent and were coerced into confessing.

To cite their earlier confession would be cherry picking (by your definition), correct?

I accept that the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers have recanted the confessions. I also accept that they confessed more than one time and once was to an HRC commissioner.

That leaves the merits of the confessions in the judges' hands

@JD....

A couple of quick details..... you base your confidence that the cops have their men largely on their confessions. You are entitled to that opinion.

I'll have to paraphrase a bit because I don't have time to dig up all the exact articles and reports.

They confessed to being on the beach and quite drunk. They saw the 2 kids being intimate and wanted a bit so they beat David to death with a hoe and raped the girl and then also killed her. (my apologies for not quoting word for word.... )

Your confidence that these are the guilty perps based on the confessions is concerning because there is no evidence that David and Hannah were 'involved romantically' at any time during their stay on the island.

Worryingy, no DNA of David was found anywhere on Hannah's body. The police stated this early on and to my my knowledge have never changed that report. Even a kiss and a cuddle would have left DNA on her to be found. Yet none was.

The boys stated they beat David with the hoe and yet to my knowledge, no DNA of David was found on the hoe. The police also stated this and again, to my knowlegde never changed that report.

(If I'm incorrect and you know of any updated reports on the hoe and David's DNA on Hannah, please share the links.)

To me this makes their confessions hard to believe. They confessed to a crime that was most unlilely to have been committed as told.

Are you comfortable with their confessions if the above is accurate? (please correct me if any of my points above are not correct)

It always annoys me when I see the murdered two referred to as a "couple." Even been done in British newspapers. As you

said there has been no credible testimony given that they were involved in any way and been reported he had a girlfriend back home.

Nothing should be reported to make the confessions sound even slightly more believable when there is no proof that it is valid.

Anyway that is a minor point. Going back to the lack of dna on Hannah. The theory given by JD and co. is that the Burmese lads caught

David by surprise, hitting him over the head with the hoe while he was well doing whatever they claim he was doing. If so, surely there would also be blood,

tissue samples etc on her from that blow, not just the intimacy.

Now moving on to the rest of the story. After being hit on the head he was allegedly in no state to fight back and do any damage to his much smaller assailants, yet they kept hitting him with the hoe from angles that I can't imagine- strange uppercuts to the throat while he was on the floor or crawling? Ok bizarre enough. Now how did he go from that situation to be in the water where he could drown? Did the two boys carry him? What was Hannah doing while this was taking place?

Ok, so we know this scenario makes no sense. The question then is, if the BiB tortured these boys, why didn't they give the confessors a story that anyone with a brain

would believe. My view is that it would be impossible to come up with one that made any sense unless it involved far more attackers, and more defendants = more potential

alibis. Initially they did say there were three suspects but I guess the one's girlfriend and potentially others saw him that morning so it had to be back down to just the two. I think most would agree that it's likely a minimum of 4 but probably at least 5 or 6 were involved in the attack. If they had them give a more believable story re. murder weapons used that would also require them finding said other murder weapons. And there are likely to be many who could attest to the boys not carrying such weapons on/with them whereas others on the island are known to do so.

And again, wrong.

think about it

Amazing Thailand!

not really, i did ask who gave the police the story about the "gay jealousy" motive and more importantly..why?

This was from the first people at the scene..Why try to provide a motive at that stage and make up something so wildly untrue?

As I said, another conspiracy theory.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I opine that someone here is Just Delusional.

If the RTP can interrogate people on camera like this - http://youtu.be/dASnWhwzL-Y?list=UUfvNrrg2yltepcCD9fl1y5Q or like this -

where is the video of the B2 confessions? It appears that they "pick and choose" the time/place/technique in which they interrogate someone and record it.

Justice will not be served without full disclosure of the entire facts of the case... including video of the interrogations which I highly doubt exist....

• Like 2

I don't know about the rest of you, but I opine that someone here is Just Delusional.

If the RTP can interrogate people on camera like this - http://youtu.be/dASnWhwzL-Y?list=UUfvNrrg2yltepcCD9fl1y5Q or like this - http://youtu.be/_gw-xGTzjnc?list=UUfvNrrg2yltepcCD9fl1y5Q where is the video of the B2 confessions? It appears that they "pick and choose" the time/place/technique in which they interrogate someone and record it.

Justice will not be served without full disclosure of the entire facts of the case... including video of the interrogations which I highly doubt exist....

Good point. If a full, undoctored video of the 'safe house' ('safe' for who/what?) initial interrogation of the B2 + 1 is shown to the HRC, I'll eat a packet of MSG (I tried to think of one of the yuckiest things to do).

In the court case of these 2 scapegoats, does anyone have any knowledge of the publicity/reporting that can be revealed while its in progress?

I have heard it is open for the public to attend, and I've heard that in a Thai court you cannot take notes.

I hope we are not going to have a situation where it is a closed court and no reporting of it is allowed. That would just lead to an even greater public outcry

• Like 2

So what does one do when facing a murder charge, well the venerable Suthip became a monk.

Now it looks like Nomsod has followed some poor advice from his somebody and is joining the monk hood

20 mins ago CSI breaking news........................true or not? we'll have to wait for the photos clap2.gif

Jdinasia kept throwing out the phrase 'conspiracy theory' and backed it up by saying no press reports have published anything (any of the conspiracy theories) shown on social media. Now Al Jazeera has published some of the things which were first revealed on social media. They're one of the top news outlets in the world.

It's demeaning to the hundreds of thousands of people who interact on social media - to tar them all by saying they're all conspiracy theorists, just because they don't echo authority. Some of those people are experts in their chosen fields. Some were friends of Hannah and David and/or possibly at the bar that night and/or know some of the people who should be suspects or otherwise may have some pertinent info/insight re; what happened.

Interesting that johnthailandjohn is no longer posting on these threads. For a couple of weeks, from when the story broke, he posted often, always taking the establishment route, and agreeing fully with Thai officials.

I think your need to go back and read the AJ article again. AJ reported about the social media response. It said nothing to support the claims of the conspiracy theorists..
Uh oh, you got caught. You earlier stated, several times, anything reported on social media and not picked up on big media, can only be conspiracy theory and have no credence. It carries gravitas only if it's taken up by major media, according to JD. Al Jazeera is big media and it did report things first voiced on social media, so, by your own definition, those things have added credence. Media is not supposed to 'SUPPORT CLAIMS.' Their job is to report things. Support of claims comes usually via other venues, such as criminal courts.

not really, i did ask who gave the police the story about the "gay jealousy" motive and more importantly..why? This was from the first people at the scene..Why try to provide a motive at that stage and make up something so wildly untrue?

That's Thai style. It starts with their patriarchal society. When a crime happens, an elder man with authority speaks up to say what happened. They often do this with an agenda. Thaksin used to do it every time some crime took place. When a plane he was about to board had a small explosion on the tarmac, he immediately told anyone who would listen exactly who did it and why. He was wrong, of course, but that's beside the point.

When the two otherwise healthy Norwegian young women died mysteriously in their hotel room at Ko Phi Phi, the police chief there immediately claimed it was poison fish. Awhile later, he claimed it was an overdose of Ibuphrophyn. Both statements were ludicrously wrong, of course, and the cause of deaths were never solved. However, the diversion from the date-rape party culture on Phi Phi island was successful. Sound familiar? It's similar to the KT murders of late. Thai officials will start (and sometimes continue) the investigation by throwing out hare-brained theories. One unspoken intention, is to divert attention from what may be the real cause or the real culprits. Wouldn't want the image of Thai tourism to get blemished, would we? And we certainly wouldn't want the son or brother of a powerful Headman to be in detention in a creepy prison cell.

Hmmmm way to mistate my position.

I asked why the furniture conspiracy theory has never been dealt with by the media from any country.

Reread the article.

In the court case of these 2 scapegoats, does anyone have any knowledge of the publicity/reporting that can be revealed while its in progress?

I have heard it is open for the public to attend, and I've heard that in a Thai court you cannot take notes.

I hope we are not going to have a situation where it is a closed court and no reporting of it is allowed. That would just lead to an even greater public outcry

So you're anticipating that the final verdict as read out loud by the Court will be:

We find these scapegoats guilty as charged.

• Like 1

So you're anticipating that the final verdict as read out loud by the Court will be:

Its impossible for me to predict something when the script is still being written by the RTP

• Like 2

Its impossible for me to predict something when the script is still being written by the RTP

You're saying they are 'scapegoats' precludes the possibility that they could actually be guilty.

• Like 1

The Thai judicial as describes by a chief judge of a provincial court -- and that I linked way back when -- says that a judge or judge panel makes a decision as to whether the evidence shows guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That's it..

Let me put it another way for those who found that a little too challenging

If a fair trial is seen to happen, with the points I made previously then whether the verdict is guilt or innocence, justice will have been served for the B2.

That does not necessarily mean justice will have been served for the victims and their families. That is the most important part of this whole tragic affair which some people appear to be forgetting in their hunger for righteousness

• Like 1