DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

I find it odd that considering the British homicide detectives just happen to be in town, that they weren't invited to observe or participate in this DNA testing. Considering they have the DNA from the victims I would think it would have been important to have them involved and testing too. What a farce this whole investigation is.

The UKP are here to observe and not to actively investigate. That's probably why they are not part of this particular charade.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"DNA results from the four state hospitals in Bangkok -- Police General Hospital, Ramathibodi Hospital, Siriraj Hospital and Chulalongkorn Hospital -- now show that the two men are not involved with the murders and so it is unnecessary to forward the DNA results to the British government because it had no doubt about the investigation being conducted by the Thai police, said Pol Lt Gen Prawut."

Wanna bet?

The UK press will be all over this.

There's an election coming up.

One the Tories could very well lose and see their treacherous coalition partners destroyed as a political entity.

They will do whatever it takes to get favourable ratings.

And good press.

In a world with ISIS, Ebola, a shaky Eurozone, and global warming, do you really believe that this will be a top-of-list issue in the elections?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

The paternity tests were conducted in BKK.

Yes, and it took time to ship the samples to the 4 hospitals around BKK, all of this impacted the record testing time.

The thing with DNA testing and time isnt really about transport or even manpower, the question here is with the process and technology ... how long it takes to complete fully and properly and conditions its run under.

Im not at all certain if a DNA test and matching can be done in 14 hrs even as a process, especially with the standard that Thailand has.... I do not believe that Thailands DNA test tech is superior to that of the UK or US, especially after they have claimed they dont have any of any quality standard....yet now they have at least 4 ? lol okdok

I know the forensic professionals estimate of the UK/US is between 48 - 72 hrs as a norm. I can even accept it may come down to less according to manpower workload and priority but down to 14 hrs ?. id like someone with industry knowledge of DNA testing to comment on that,

Thailand has no labs that are certified at any international standards to conduct criminal DNA testing.

Best add thats straight from the horses mouth claim .... via the RTP when running about like headless chickens and saying they dont have the technology to go further than sex and race.......Singapore or the FBI will test because they do have the tech... Thailand does not... statement by the RTP

Thats easily confirmed in many news reports back at that time, dozens in fact

So all of a sudden at least 4 places have appeared that can test................ ok excuse me for finding that a little strange.

Just thought Id add that if some troll comes in and says "source" or something misdirectionally dumb like that, which judging by peoples posts is exactly what one has done.

I really do not care what jd thinks of me, since commenting on here I have been threatened with rape and called awful names. We are all are entitled to and an opinion and I can admit when I am wrong.

I just want the truth like everyone else, I have a daughter and would be pushing everyone's buttons to find the truth.

I'll bet it's the same poster that PM'd me with threats of libel etc.

The results have been officially endorsed and theres no need to send more samples abroad to be retested.

Mr Warot is not a suspect in the case but he has cooperated with us well. As far as the police are concerned, he was cleared long ago. We only did this [DNA tests] to comply with his wish to prove his innocence to the public, Pol Lt Gen Prawut said.

We found the Facebook pages administrator might want to destroy the credibility of Thailands judicial process. The page is also linked to a political movement seeking to discredit the government, as reflected by its posts during the Peoples Democratic Reform Committees anti-government protests in the first half, he said.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/3-more-dna-results-clear-son-of-koh-tao-big-boss-49450.php#sthash.7cZrIeGb.dpuf

How did anyone checked and made sure that the DNA sample were the same ones that were tested? I wonder if the UK investigators were present during these sessions and they followed through in making sure these DNA samples were not tampered with.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The circus continues. I bet it would not be hard for enterprising UK officers to get a real sample of this worm's DNA.
What would they do with it? They can't interfere in Thailand's domestic issues.

Yeah God forbid that the families in the UK would actually want to find out the truth behind who killed their loved ones instead of this pathetic spectacle they are being subjected to.

Got it!!

Violate Thai sovereignty to not be able to prove anything?

Because you know it all and this whole investigation has just been perfect from the beginning. The police accusing the friends of the victims and planting shorts in their luggage, the crime scene being violated by people who were accused by the police and then cleared by a flimsy alibi, the taxi driver forced to give a false witness by the police, the Burmese guys testing negative, the official translator being a local street vendor, all of this and so much more just screams such a perfect investigation that the UK police had to come here and get involved for what reason again? Tell me...

You have read too much on csila and they don't correct their conspiracy theories when proven wrong.

Also I have stated that the case has flaws.

Police involved because the family asked and then Cameron asked. Involvement limited to observing

"Involvement limited to observing"

You continue to say this JD but that doesn't make it true.

The UK observers/investigators may or may not be limited to "observing" while they are in Thailand. There are many reasons for even the British side to state publicly that this is all they are doing. And what falls within the realm of "observing" will be for them and their Thai counterparts to determine.

As an easy example, are observers allowed to ask questions, request information on what protocols have been followed, examine evidence reports, etc.? Or are they required to sit in silence and listen to what is spoken to them and take what is given to them? I highly doubt it's the latter. But what they are actually doing nobody knows but them and their Thai counterparts.

In any event, "observation" is probably the main form of investigation. And simply by listening and observing, experienced investigators like those sent from England can learn more than laymen like ourselves could ever imagine.

And whatever they are doing in Thailand, I am certain that what they are doing back in England is an investigation. That investigation will ultimately include their observations while in Thailand. And they will reach their own conclusions about whether the process has been fair and thorough and the real rapists and killers have been identified.

What if anything regarding those conclusions, and the evidence and support they have for them, will ever be released to the public depends on many factors.

We'll just have to wait and find out what happens.

You do need balance to threads, and I think JD is doing his best to "keep it real". people are popping into threads weeks late and mention something they have just learned, this then perpetuates amongst "hang em high" posters and something so blatantly false is construed to be true and if you try to correct them, you are then labelled by the main protagonists. I am sure everyone wants the same thing and that is the people responsible to be punished for this horrific crime.

Darlo,

It is strange. A glaring hole in the conspiracy theorists basis for existing.

Part of the problem would be finding anyone who actually had something to contribute. Anyone that saw a fight etc.

I will admit you are right, I suppose no one is ever going to know the truth at this rate.

I personally would take issue with this guy and another well-known and oft-ignored commenter referring to the vast majority disagreeing with his own spit-and-toilet-paper theories "conspiracy theorists." Using such derogatory phrases to refer to people you disagree with discredits your own views. His have been roundly, thoroughly (if not completely) discredited already, though he appears to spend 20 hours a day mostly trying to confuse the issue.

You'll notice I'm not making absolutist statements about his views like he does with others. That's called thinking like an adult ha ha. I've personally put this guy on ignore due the very high noise-to-signal ratio in his posts. But he keeps popping up where others (mostly foolishly imo) engage him.

Trust me, your sincerity in doing so is not being appreciated or reciprocated.

And I'm very, very sure your opinion is not a well-informed one. Re-read hundreds of his postings and then try come back and honestly say the same thing. I'll bet you can't.

Yes, and it took time to ship the samples to the 4 hospitals around BKK, all of this impacted the record testing time.

The thing with DNA testing and time isnt really about transport or even manpower, the question here is with the process and technology ... how long it takes to complete fully and properly and conditions its run under.

Im not at all certain if a DNA test and matching can be done in 14 hrs even as a process, especially with the standard that Thailand has.... I do not believe that Thailands DNA test tech is superior to that of the UK or US, especially after they have claimed they dont have any of any quality standard....yet now they have at least 4 ? lol okdok

I know the forensic professionals estimate of the UK/US is between 48 - 72 hrs as a norm. I can even accept it may come down to less according to manpower workload and priority but down to 14 hrs ?. id like someone with industry knowledge of DNA testing to comment on that,

Thailand has no labs that are certified at any international standards to conduct criminal DNA testing.

Best add thats straight from the horses mouth claim .... via the RTP when running about like headless chickens and saying they dont have the technology to go further than sex and race.......Singapore or the FBI will test because they do have the tech... Thailand does not... statement by the RTP

Thats easily confirmed in many news reports back at that time, dozens in fact

So all of a sudden at least 4 places have appeared that can test................ ok excuse me for finding that a little strange.

Just thought Id add that if some troll comes in and says "source" or something misdirectionally dumb like that, which judging by peoples posts is exactly what one has done.

Are you really this uninformed or are you purposely being obtuse? No rational person has ever suggested, speculated or stated DNA can not be extracted in Thailand or matched. DNA testing has been used in MANY cases here in Thailand. Just like states in the US turn to the National FBI crime labs when they need more complex analysts of evidence or DNA, it doesn't mean they can't identify DNA and compare it.

Although people spreading lies is usually an irritation to me, I feel embarrassed for you because I think there is a small chance you may actually believe the nonsense you continue to spread.

And what International Standard is being refereed to as all of these locations have numerous international accreditation as do private DNA testing companies in Thailand as do the machines that are produces and calibrated that are used at these facilities.

• Like 1

Trust me, your sincerity in doing so is not being appreciated or reciprocated.

LOL..

Note that he resorts to personal attacks and most importantly note his conclusion.

Similar to when you were mocking posters for claiming that getting from Ko Tao to Samui in 3 hrs wasn't possible?

You seemed to go a little quiet for a while. Nice to see you chirping up again!

Mooner you didn't reply to his last comment re mine, but it wasn't ad hominem, it was an opinion gleaned from reading pages filled with his prevarications (or just sloppy thinking though I'm betting the former). But his response here is a very good example of one of his MOs, mischaracterisation of others utterances.

This is why this guy isn't bringing balance to this discussion except to the extent his personal ton of BS does balance out the ton produced on the other side by about 100 people. So, in that sense he at least has some utility.

I and numerous other have pointed out repeatedly however that the bulk of his utterances are agenda-driven and not serving the purpose of getting to the bottom of this case.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

Darlo,

Blocking a troll doesn't deprive them of their point of view, nor does it limit their freedom to speak their minds.

It would be more like using a remote control and setting it to mute commercials, or turning down the radio during a song that sucks!

• Like 1

The swabs were done in the hospital were they, or in a lab, or were they done in a police station at a press conference??

Source?

I would use the source when they claimed they didn't have the technology to determine whether the DNA was from a male or female to what their ethnicity at the beginning of the case.

Source? Google it!

Perfect response! Do you see why my point about this guy? I mean seriously, how could one individual be SO certain he's right in the face of such evidence to the contrary that he spends this much time and effort pushing his case? What's in it for him? I myself and no doubt a number of other commenters here have written and even shouted more than I think we'd normally do because it's obvious we're sickened by what some monsters did to this kids; but this guy remains calm and collected while spewing his deadpan bombast. If what he wrote was at least mostly well-reasoned (really only some is) and not so one-sided I'd ascribe his coolness about this case as professionalism, but considering the content and number of his posts I can only arrive at a different conclusion. I'm far from alone in doing so.

Anyone honestly looking at all of the evidence is bound to have doubts either way: as do I.

For example, I was just looking at a side-by-side comparison on YT of the kid's college dorm video and the CCTV footage from Koh Tao, and although to me a lot has and maybe still does point at this kid, the hair on the two vids looks quite different, chiefly that the headman's kid's hair looks above the ear, mostly, while the CCTV guy has that full-on Asian over-the ear hair even though he's got the fake sideburn thing too.

One could easily shorten the haircut but I think more photos of the kid would help in this regard.

Obviously, whatever his background, if this kid is as innocent as the Burmese guys appear to be (to those without blinders on at least), then he's really getting the shaft right now. Fortunately all the power cards are on his side so he has a good chance of getting his say; unlike those two poor (in every sense if they're indeed being set up) Burmese guys.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

Maybe they were asked, but there professionalism meant they did not want to attend the circus side show....I am sure they observed from distance and there report is on the desk of the PM.

When the British report is made public, I wonder what the consequences for Thailand will be.........Harsh and severe words for one, and I think far, far more...time will tell.

I find it odd that considering the British homicide detectives just happen to be in town, that they weren't invited to observe or participate in this DNA testing. Considering they have the DNA from the victims I would think it would have been important to have them involved and testing too. What a farce this whole investigation is.

This complicity must go right to the top! Outrageous really that a country can stick two fingers up to the international community & get away with it. Only sanctions from the UK, and a tourist blacklist will make these creatures take any notice

oh my god!!!!!! Thailand must now be black listed!!!!!! british people must not go there!!!

the police are totally corrupt liars.

justice must be done for these 2 kids who were victims of this savagery, and kids from England and all of Europe must find somewhere else to go !!

tourism must end in Thailand!!!

now!!

I would love to know what has happened to Panya. Bet he feels the same way, his reputation I guess has suffered because of this mess. At least he tried.

Panya was promoted to a senior position in BKK. It happened October 1 with all the others. It was not a sudden or surprise move.

I would love to know what has happened to Panya. Bet he feels the same way, his reputation I guess has suffered because of this mess. At least he tried.

Panya was promoted to a senior position in BKK. It happened October 1 with all the others. It was not a sudden or surprise move.

thx. this was again a good one.

Sorry, need some time to edit, just laughing tears, but maybe this have to do with this one:

"Re-enactment was orchestrated by police, say Koh Tao suspects"

http://www.dvb.no/news/re-enactment-was-orchestrated-by-police-say-koh-tao-suspects-burma-myanmar

Edited by geistfunke

Maybe they were asked, but there professionalism meant they did not want to attend the circus side show....I am sure they observed from distance and there report is on the desk of the PM.

When the British report is made public, I wonder what the consequences for Thailand will be.........Harsh and severe words for one, and I think far, far more...time will tell.

It was a blatant omission agreed but if the investigators thought there was even a jot of merit to the collection transporting and actual results I am quite positive they would have participated.

The British lads wouldn't be bothered at appearing at a public, childish farce I shouldn't think

thx. this was again good one.

Tehehehehe.... Whatever ya say! ;)

This complicity must go right to the top! Outrageous really that a country can stick two fingers up to the international community & get away with it. Only sanctions from the UK, and a tourist blacklist will make these creatures take any notice

oh my god!!!!!! Thailand must now be black listed!!!!!! british people must not go there!!!

the police are totally corrupt liars.

justice must be done for these 2 kids who were victims of this savagery, and kids from England and all of Europe must find somewhere else to go !!

tourism must end in Thailand!!!

now!!

It won't end but I am ambitious in thinking that the islands of Samui Koh Phang Na and Tao will suffer for a while to come. Historically this isn't always the case. But then social media and crowd sourcing wasn't what it is today. The islands need their entire legal and social structure revised in an actual professional enquiry. The mafia and police may make that near impossible.

This result was predictable.

Not to change the subject but WTH happened to McAnna? Did the Thai mafia track him down in Italy? Have the Brits questioned him and offered him protection to give up whatever it is he knows?

Edited by rudy h

Not to change the subject but WTH happened to McAnna? Did the Thai mafia track him down in Italy? Have the Brits questioned him and offered him protection to give up whatever it is he knows?

McAnna very quiet now, last I herd he had done an interview with Mail on Sunday, still waiting for this to be published.

Has it ever crossed your minds that the son is actually innocent and was in Bangkok at the night of the murders ?

We have the DNA evidence , now you can choose to believe in it or not but at least it's official, can you give us any other evidence to solve this case except conspiracies coming from CSI LA then please share it with us now, the real facts.

• Like 2

McAnna very quiet now, last I herd he had done an interview with Mail on Sunday, still waiting for this to be published.

The Brits should be more thorough and I wouldn't be surprised if they have already got whatever it is McAnna might have been able to remember. He looked scared sh__less in the back of that baht bus, like he saw or maybe thinks he saw something. It is very difficult to accept his eye witness account if he was so freaking high that night that it would make his testimony about useless anyways.

thx. this was again a good one.

I would like to make clear, that it is not my intention to hurt anybody. Nothing in this case is actual funny. I only hope that the RTP will find a way to convince all Thais and hopefully all foreigners, that they can bring the right people to justice. I am writing here in this forum because I love Thailand and we need a good police work. It is not to late now. This case is not in the court. I think it will be a long way, but in the end I always have the hope in my heart, that everything in this case will be clear and the real killers have to go to prison.

• Like 1