drill runs anti clockwise

for real

I was drilling a hole with my 'Kraft' electric hammer drill when the drill started to run anti clockwise and unscrewing the chuck.

I have no complaints re this drill as it has served well for 19 years and was inexpensive.

I merely wonder has anyone any idea why this should happen?

I also feel rather sad as I will be losing an old trustworthy friend.

Thanks all, in advance, for any response.

4.Real

Have you checked to see if you have pressed the button on the drill that allows it to run in reverse? Usually a button near the trigger,,push in from one side and it runs normal,,push from the other and it runs in reverse.

• Like 1

Not an Aussie drill is it, Australian power goes the opposite way to 'normal' power, all tools run backwards.

Seriously.

Easy mistake, been there, got the T-shirt.

Back in the late 90's I was working in Hong Kong on the airport express line (just before Chek Lap Cok-up opened). A Chinese guy was having a hell of a time drilling a wall to put up some sort of signage. Yes, he too had the drill in reverse, never had the heart to tell him (face and all that) but when we were back at that station two days later the sign was sitting forlornly on the floor, it could be there to this day.

• Like 1

Not an Aussie drill is it, Australian power goes the opposite way to 'normal' power, all tools run backwards.

Seriously.

Easy mistake, been there, got the T-shirt.

Back in the late 90's I was working in Hong Kong on the airport express line (just before Chek Lap Cok-up opened). A Chinese guy was having a hell of a time drilling a wall to put up some sort of signage. Yes, he too had the drill in reverse, never had the heart to tell him (face and all that) but when we were back at that station two days later the sign was sitting forlornly on the floor, it could be there to this day.

Are you pulling my leg?

How are things wired to make the current backwards? Wouldn't that require a positive ground?

Cheers

Have you checked to see if you have pressed the button on the drill that allows it to run in reverse? Usually a button near the trigger,,push in from one side and it runs normal,,push from the other and it runs in reverse.

I have had this super tool for 19 years and only today [thanks to you] did I realise it could go in reverse.

Ps.I bought for 300 baht a new drill in Big C orange coloured named 'WELD'..

It is also very good for those like me that spend little time drilling.

The chuck size is smaller than my old friend but has more power for drilling concrete..

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this super tool for 19 years and only today [thanks to you] did I realise it could go in reverse.

Ps.I bought for 300 baht a new drill in Big C orange coloured named 'WELD'..

It is also very good for those like me that spend little time drilling.

The chuck size is smaller than my old friend but has more power for drilling concrete..

Drills used to only go in one direction, so if you only had one drill for 19 years I suppose easy mistake to make. I hate the ones with the direction switch by the trigger- too easy to reverse by mistake.