Retirement extension. Quick question please.

Hi, I am British, 62 and married to aThai.

Coming up to the end of my first retirement extension.

I have 2 dates which confused me.

My TM 6 is stamped 22 Nov whilst my last 90 day slip is stamped 17 Nov.

Which of these is the important one for my next extension please.

Thanks Paul

The date that is important is the one on your extension stamp in your passport. If you have made a trip out of the country the date on the TM6 would be the same.

The date on the 90 day report slip has nothing to do with your extension. You can do the extension and your report on the same day. You can do the report up to 15 days early.

I just did my fourth one year extension at Chaeng Wattana based on retirement. I hold a U.S. passport and used only the notarized letter of income from the U.S. Embassy. I handed in the required passport photocopies and the letter - and brought with me my Thai Bank bankbook and other documents just in case I was asked; however, nothing further needed and all went smoothly - the only negative was I finished the extension and multipe-rentry permit at 4 PM and took the 166 bus to Victory monument - but due to traffic it took 2 hours to travel the 19 kms.

I think the best procedure is to turn in what is required and no more yet have other supporting documentation just in case.