Juicing machines

DaamNaam

Used to see at Robison not sure if they moved to Ban and Beyond, or look for Hurom on true select. Blender heat up all the veg and Fruits cause so much oxidation by the time you get to drink it. Slow juicer seems a better choice in my opinion.

• Like 1

Used to see at Robison not sure if they moved to Ban and Beyond, or look for Hurom on true select. Blender heat up all the veg and Fruits cause so much oxidation by the time you get to drink it. Slow juicer seems a better choice in my opinion.

Thanks. Yes I have heard that. We want it for juicing only, no pulp. We already have a blender for mixing. Hurom seems to be a brand worth hunting down.

Edited by DaamNaam

I bought a manual single auger juicer at the pharmacy near the supermarket in bottom floor Central Airport, i juice carrot, apple, beetroot and greens with no probs, its only 1450baht. i have a twin gear green power $600+ juicer back home and this does the same job

juicer_manual_MK3_001.jpg

• Like 2

I bought a manual single auger juicer at the pharmacy near the supermarket in bottom floor Central Airport, i juice carrot, apple, beetroot and greens with no probs, its only 1450baht. i have a twin gear green power $600+ juicer back home and this does the same job

farang kee nok. Why he buy this for me? All my friends have electric one. Very easy to use. I have to turn this around and around for a very long time and only a little juice comes out. Every morning I feel very tired, but my husband, he just ask me, "why so little juice today?"

Sorry, I could hear my wife thinking in the background. Central Airport, near the supermarket, eh? Perhaps for the upcoming wedding anniversary I'm thinking.

Thanks.

Where do you get your beetroot here in CM?

Tesco's, Big C, Makro's and many other shops I can't recall now.

Just go to the electric goods department and you will spot them.

I saw a juicing machine in Index on the super highway. Index have a large electronic department now..they even sell wine coolers....

Thanks.

Where do you get your beetroot here in CM? [/quote

MuangMai Market further down from American consulate, walk into the market you will see a small intersection, take right and walk though all the smelly chicken and pickled shops, then you will see one shop on your right selling carrots beetroot, veggies in big bags, go straight to their fridge: Never fail to find the beetroot there and at a good price.

• Like 1

Tesco's, Big C, Makro's and many other shops I can't recall now.

Just go to the electric goods department and you will spot them.

Cheers. Had a look at those ones and they are a bit flimsy for what i want it for.

I got one from Big C once it lasted a week. But on the bright side it was cheap. Unfortunately in more ways than price.

I a blender back home $400 from Costco. My boy used it for every thing and I mean every thing. After several years when he was making really good money he went out and bought an expensive juicer. He tells me there is no comparison when it comes to juice. The juicer is far and away the best. But as has been pointed out here the pulp is also needed by the body. I don't know may be make a soup stock with it.

Edited by northernjohn

I forgot to mention, you may have well developed arm muscles as a side affect after using that thing for awhile ;)

Make sure to cut up the carrot and beetroot

I get my beetroot, celery, kale, cucumber and spinach at Baan Suan Pak. carrot at the local markets

• Like 1

MuangMai Market further down from American consulate, walk into the market you will see a small intersection, take right and walk though all the smelly chicken and pickled shops, then you will see one shop on your right selling carrots beetroot, veggies in big bags, go straight to their fridge: Never fail to find the beetroot there and at a good price.

So go north bound from consulate along river, take a left into the small lane with all the vegetable vendors, go to the 4 way intersection in the middle, take a right there?

I might check it out, thanks

I forgot to mention, you may have well developed arm muscles as a side affect after using that thing for awhile wink.png

I get my beetroot, celery, kale, cucumber and spinach at Baan Suan Pak. carrot at the local markets

This is the place next to Airport Plaza?

I forgot to mention, you may have well developed arm muscles as a side affect after using that thing for awhile wink.png

Baan Suan Pak is near Muang mai markets in Chiang Moi, its not the cheapest but good quality and refrigerated. i go to muang mai markets to pick up things like carrots if i feel like getting bulk or paying less, you dont get much juice out of the carrots at the health food shop too

• Like 1

Most, if not all, of the auger type juicers you see in the east are manufactured by Hurom. At least the basic and essential parts. Then other companies market them with their add-ons. Some of these machines can make "ice-cream" from just pure frozen fruit. The "ice cream" does have the smooth texture of ice cream but without, alas, the sugar. Anyway, I saw one of these Hurom machines for sale at Central Festival. There's also a store in Thailand that sells another one of these machines and will ship anywhere in the country.. Here is the link: http://www.thaiorganiclife.com/ Not sure if this particular one makes the "ice cream".

The slow speed juicers are pretty pricey

Hopefully they never break because if you have to send them back to Taiwan, Korea etc then it's going to be really expensive

Often times just the plastic parts break and can order those in.

I have used top of the line Green Star aka Green Power juicers and even they develope cracks in the extrusion parts. Especially if the flow screw is not backed off.

Here is decent comparison of the major ones.

http://www.discountjuicers.com/lowrpmjuicers.html

Most, if not all, of the auger type juicers you see in the east are manufactured by Hurom. At least the basic and essential parts. Then other companies market them with their add-ons. Some of these machines can make "ice-cream" from just pure frozen fruit. The "ice cream" does have the smooth texture of ice cream but without, alas, the sugar. Anyway, I saw one of these Hurom machines for sale at Central Festival. There's also a store in Thailand that sells another one of these machines and will ship anywhere in the country.. Here is the link: http://www.thaiorganiclife.com/ Not sure if this particular one makes the "ice cream".

The Champion juicer makes "ice cream" out of frozen bananas and no sugar that is actually pretty good.

Baan Suan Pak is near Muang mai markets in Chiang Moi, its not the cheapest but good quality and refrigerated. i go to muang mai markets to pick up things like carrots if i feel like getting bulk or paying less, you dont get much juice out of the carrots at the health food shop too

Cheers,

Will call in there tomorrow. Got some beetroot at Rimping today but on the pricey side, along with other "organic" fruit and veg.

We settled for a Humon slow juicer today from Central. 5 years full warranty, they have a parts and service centre in Bangkok, no need to send it back to Korea. Touch wood it won't get broken anyhow....

I recommend buying the cheapest one possible i.e. under 1k baht. Most people start juicing, really get into it, then start bragging about it to friends, then suddenly quit after 1-3 months. My juicer cost 500 baht (in philippines) and did the job brilliantly for the 2 months I was a juicer lol. If you stick at it for 6+ months then that is the time to start looking at the super duper juicers for $500 or whatever they cost.

• Like 1

^^ yeah Norwalks are top consumer juicer I am aware of.

The juice is a couple notches above anything.

I think the lowest priced Norwalk these days about ~$2000 new

But can find them refurbed for maybe around $1k

It's true a lot of people get hyped about making juice and taper down to not much juicing.

The nice thing about the slow speed juicers is that they are quiet and easier to clean. Also they extract more juice for what is purchased. Definitely slower extraction time however.

The big thing now is vegetable and bone broth. Animal juice with lots of digestive healing glycine and collagen

Good to have some of both really

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

I recommend buying the cheapest one possible i.e. under 1k baht. Most people start juicing, really get into it, then start bragging about it to friends, then suddenly quit after 1-3 months. My juicer cost 500 baht (in philippines) and did the job brilliantly for the 2 months I was a juicer lol. If you stick at it for 6+ months then that is the time to start looking at the super duper juicers for $500 or whatever they cost.

Everyone i know who is a juicer, not just a "fad" juicer has said the opposite to you. Don't waste time and money on a half decent one.

Everyone i know who is a juicer, not just a "fad" juicer has said the opposite to you. Don't waste time and money on a half decent one.

I think I got lucky as I have seen similar comments to you actually. I also wasn't using expensive green leaves much which it sucked at juicing.