Lao women rescued from Thai 'Karaoke' brothels

webfact

Laotian Women Rescued From Thai 'Karaoke' Brothels
By Khaosod English

14151867661415186936l.jpg
Police officers count money seized from the brothel in Nakhon Pathom province, 5 November 2014.

NAKHON PATHOM — Police say they have rescued 23 young Thai and Laotian women who were allegedly being helped captive in a karaoke shop in central Nakhon Pathom where they were forced into prostitution.

Anti-human trafficking police organized the raid following a tip off from an NGO worker who received a text message from one of the women seeking help. 16 of the victims are under the age of 18, police say.

One of the victims told police she came to Nakhon Pathom several months ago after a Thai dealer offered her a job at Nong Fuse karaoke bar, where she was told she would earn more money there than she did in Laos.

However, the woman said that she has been forced to sleep with customers and is only earning around 200 baht of the 1,000 baht each client is charged.

According to police, no arrests have been made yet as the karaoke bar’s owners appear to have fled the premises before the raid.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415186766&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-11-06

• Like 1

Why are they all looking to the guy in yellows crotch area?

I thought he would have a boner being given money....not having it took away.

But hold on, who is he, they surely not taking his money, as the owners fled the scene.coffee1.gif

Edited by rhythmworx

So naturally the Thai police will bust the "Thai dealer" and his big men. We will soon read about that bust.

Unfortunately expressions like ' Thai dealer, big men, bust, arrest ' etc don't seem to go together somehow.

I love the smell of cynicism in the morning.

" According to police, no arrests have been made yet as the karaoke bar’s owners appear to have fled the premises before the raid."

And this is how it's going to stay and the whole case going to be forgotten in a short while after some

money will change hands and who care about Lao girls anyway? not the police.... and soon new batch

of girls will cross the Me-khong river and take the place of the other group... life continue

as if nothing happened....

• Like 1

There are so many karaoke places on the street near my home, I am wondering if they are doing the same thing? I never venture to go into one, but I see the girls always sitting in front of the shops.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So the anti-human trafficking police did the bust, but the regular police obviously let the owners get away.

On the payroll by any chance?..... Places like this never escapes the notice of the regular police and everyone knows it.

The Royal Thai Police are probably responsible for almost every sufferance Thailand is going through.

It is about time there was an almighty clear out.

Wonder why the staff wasn't arrested or detained. If these girls were being held against their will, then this needs to be enforced.

That is not done by the owner alone.

• Like 1

There are so many karaoke places on the street near my home, I am wondering if they are doing the same thing? I never venture to go into one, but I see the girls always sitting in front of the shops.

Only one way to find out my friend??giggle.gifgiggle.gif

All in the name of investigative journalism ofcourse!!

They service the domestic market, and are everywhere.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So the anti-human trafficking police did the bust, but the regular police obviously let the owners get away.

On the payroll by any chance?..... Places like this never escapes the notice of the regular police and everyone knows it.

The Royal Thai Police are probably responsible for almost every sufferance Thailand is going through.

It is about time there was an almighty clear out.

Wonder why the staff wasn't arrested or detained. If these girls were being held against their will, then this needs to be enforced.

That is not done by the owner alone.

My thoughts exactly. Also if he collected the money he must know who is collecting for. That would make it easy as pie to get the trafficking pimps.

I didn't know there are brothels in Thailand. And, looking at the pic, what are these cops sharing???

That is a big problem with some people here. What the normal tourist sees and reads about are typically the 'falang run' bar/go-go in the tourist/commercial areas.

What goes on in the rural areas is completely different and has been going on long before the first tourist set foot on the Thai soil.

If the media can discolour Thailand's reputation with reports from places like Pattaya, Phuket, etc then they haven't been investigating what actually goes on.

Even the commercial areas, get a local to take you out for the night on the wild side in Rayong. That will open your eyes..........wink.png

Note: I'm assuming your post was sarcastic in the first place, but it does open a different perspective on what brothels really are here.

<However, the woman said that she has been forced to sleep with customers and is only earning around 200 baht of the 1,000 baht each client is charged.> QUOTE

So in other words, if they had been paid, lets say 600 baht, there would have been no need for the "rescue"??

coffee1.gif

Everybody has their price!

Are the women only saying they were forced because they only got 200 baht out of 1000. I thought being held captive and forced would mean just that? Not a paid disgruntled employee?

16 of those rescued were under the age of 18.

You really think they wanted to be there?

• Like 2

<However, the woman said that she has been forced to sleep with customers and is only earning around 200 baht of the 1,000 baht each client is charged.> QUOTE

So in other words, if they had been paid, lets say 600 baht, there would have been no need for the "rescue"??

coffee1.gif

"16 of the victims are under the age of 18, police say."

What do you really think?

You don't think they wanted rescuing?

Edited by Bluespunk

coffee1.gif

Everybody has their price!

No not everybody ,

• Like 1