Movies currently playing in cinemas in Thailand!

Jingthing

Has "Get on Up" been released here yet?

Nope. And according to IMDB there are no plans to ever release that movie in Thailand theaters. Most films of course are never released in Thailand. We have a very limited selection to choose from (in theaters anyway) compared to the US, Europe, Australia. etc.

Kung <deleted> Panda (the full series) was released here!

blink.png <deleted> is a deleted word? .. <deleted> Man Chu

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Drats! Gone girl is now GONE from the Thai theaters!

Sometimes you really gotta rush in there if you want to catch things on the BIG screen.

I see today a really horrible movie has opened: The Pact 2.

So many movies opening here like that ... total low budget duds and I'm guessing most of the local Thai market doesn't know that. Ca-ching!rolleyes.gif

(Yes, we know there will be other ways to view these movies, but this thread isn't about that.)

Still playing at theater near me though just one show a day.

• Like 1

Did get to see John Wick after being voted down and seeing Equalizer first......

I'd have to say I enjoyed the body count in JW better.....the movie had a more constant "vibe" to it.....

The two major opponents survived at the end of the movie so maybe another face off.....the villain in JW had a more interesting psychosis and seemed to enjoy the pratfalls of the contest/chase.....

The underworld and support system as presented was both quirky and entertaining.....

I'm not exactly sure when Keanu grew such a big nose - don't remember him that way from other flicks......

Aging is cruel mistress. Yeah I agree again John Wick the better movie overall. The shtick about the puppy was hilarious.

yeah....the wife said - stupid - all that killing over a dog......she's Thai and missed the other nuances (English/TH subs)......

I was more pissed about the car.....

His wooden persona didn't invite a lot of sympathy.....but it did make for humor.....

Nope. And according to IMDB there are no plans to ever release that movie in Thailand theaters. Most films of course are never released in Thailand. We have a very limited selection to choose from (in theaters anyway) compared to the US, Europe, Australia. etc.

Ah well, glad I watched in The US then. Recommend it for those that like James Brown.

Kung <deleted> Panda (the full series) was released here!

blink.png <deleted> is a deleted word? .. <deleted> Man Chu

Foo Fighters works

so in future ....... Kung Foo Panda ........ Foo ManChu

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Believe it or not there is even going to be a mini World Film Festival in Pattaya this year. First time? Not sure. Just a few days. Details at SF Cinema Pattaya Beach mall ... but I think they're mostly old films.

When JT?

Another one opened today:

Before I Go To Sleep

Just not feeling compelled to bother going out to see that one based on the reviews.

A funny review title for that would be: Put Me To Sleep but I haven't seen it so can't really say.

JT, thank you.

I was about to queue up. Looks like you saved me before I go to sleep in the theater.

:)

Believe it or not there is even going to be a mini World Film Festival in Pattaya this year. First time? Not sure. Just a few days. Details at SF Cinema Pattaya Beach mall ... but I think they're mostly old films.

When JT?

Sorry for the delay.

It already started.

14, 15, 16 November

http://www.worldfilmbkk.com/download/12th_programme_provincial.pdf

OK, big blockbuster now playing

Hunger Games, Mockingjay Part 1

I watched it.

There were no Hunger Games this time ... rather a rebel war against the capital.

Political stuff ... say no more.

Touching to see Philip Seymour Hoffman in a fairly major part as he is of course now dead.

I see he will also be in Part 2 which will be released in 2015.

So is Mockingjay Poppycock?

Well, I would say if you've seen the previous Hunger Games, you'll want to see this one.

If not ... you should start with the earlier ones.

Edited by Jingthing

Watched Interstellar a couple of days ago. Have to say I enjoyed it, though it is long at nearly three hours. Good effects, but you have to keep your eye on the ball or you may lose the thread a little. Re a previous post, the famous actor appearing in the middle.... part of the storyline...made sense to me.

I understand Hunger Games was banned by a cinema chain in Bangkok. something about tickets being block purchased and given away on facebook.

The wife and I looked at the current movies playing and she said - nope.....

She's usually right.....

How would you know she's right if you avoid all the movies she says to avoid if you never see them? coffee1.gif
Because if it looks like a waste of time but curious sometime in the short future we'll grab some DVD's and usually include some of the ones we've bypassed...Mockingjay would likely be one of those.....as it turns out there are some that you sorry you bought a ticket for and went to see ..... but semi OK if at home screen...... Edited by pgrahmm

The Siam Square showing of Hunger Games was cancelled because it's a student area and there was a Thai related protest abroad at a showing of the film. If you see the film, you'll understand how it could very roughly be related that way as it touches on "democracy" issues. It is not cancelled Thailand-wide though. I would not suggest seeing it or not seeing it for any political content but rather only as pure entertainment. I think it works are pure entertainment if you've seen the the previous Hunger Games movies and also I'd say that fans of Philip Seymour Hoffman who was one of the greatest film actors of our era will want to see it too. But it was not his best role, in fact he didn't look well.

Watched Interstellar a couple of days ago. Have to say I enjoyed it, though it is long at nearly three hours. Good effects, but you have to keep your eye on the ball or you may lose the thread a little. Re a previous post, the famous actor appearing in the middle.... part of the storyline...made sense to me.

I understand Hunger Games was banned by a cinema chain in Bangkok. something about tickets being block purchased and given away on facebook.

My impression is that Interstellar is really one that's much better on the BIG screen. Haven't seen it yet. Mockingjay 1 is also long but I hardly noticed... if a film doesn't bore, it doesn't have to feel overlong.

Agree JT. Definitely a big screen movie. Even though it was long, it was entertaining, even the missus said so when we left the cinema....must be good to stop a Thai from eating for three hours!!w00t.gif

Re Hunger Games, I have not seen any yet so think I will start at the beginning, thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Horns.

OK, some of the plot twists were really cheesy and the ending kind of ridiculous but all very forgivable.

Especially the set up of the concept ... was very funny!

Got around to seeing INTERSTELLAR.

Well a very long movie.

I was definitely bored in a lot of it.

There was a lot of it that seemed kind of nerdy and pretentious ... suitable for geeky pseudo-scientists perhaps.

I noticed most people in my crowd had to take bathroom breaks. I was lucky and didn't.

Overall though it was watchable and there were some fascinating moments.

I think most people who have liked Space Odyssey and Gravity are going to want to see this too.

I am in the middle between saying it was a total bore and raving about it.

New big movie opening today:

EXODUS!

Edited by Jingthing

Well I just saw "Interstellar", and I have to say, even being a Nolan fan, I though it was very boring, and simply badly written and conceived. I looked at my watch about a hundred times, and, in the last hour I seriously considered just walking out, as the plot got more senseless, and the Hollywood sententious " it's luuurve, yes luuurve!!!' speeches began.

Not only did the big famous actor's appearance make little sense, it seemed like many of the minor characters were underwritten and pointless, appearing out of the blue to do almost nothing but receive plot exposition.

The first 40 minutes or so seemed like it was going to be good: a depiction of a near future earth, brought almost to ruin by environmental disasters, and declining expenditure on scientific investigation in favour of scraping enough food out of the dust bowl landscape.

It then turned into nonsense: with a couple of indecipherable plans to rescue the earth's population (was one of them really that Michael Caine would spend some of the time he devotes to trying to evade UK taxes to 'solve gravity' and thus enable the entire world's population to leave earth in hundreds of rockets constructed out of buildings??????)

The whole thing then turned into a kind of poor quality SyFy TV scenario, with random pseudo-science explanations merely recounted to set up exciting plot points, which are then solved ( yes! so if only we could change the spectrum to near gamma ray intensities we could...YES! and the only way to do that is to shoot as close as we can to that comet without actually hitting it, and then somehow we'll change the spectral intensity! YES, and I can do it, cause I'm an expert pilot!) . Cue 40 mins of special effects, then "so we've changed the spectral intensity, now all we have to do is ! etc etc."

(*None of this is actually in it, but it's the writing style)

It all seemed like arbitrary nonsense, larded with sentimentality. Nolan at least used to be dark- now he ends with "LUUUURVVVE" .

I thought Gravity was really good, human, made sense, was exciting. Interstellar I felt was the opposite.

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

That's quite a funny description.

I must say seeing Interstellar on the big screen made it more watchable. I can't imagine sitting through three hours of it at home on a DVD...

I only didn't leave because I'm too cheap to let them get my ticket money without watching to the endsmile.png

• Like 1

Watched Hero today...for what it is it was quite enjoyable and entertaining/feel good with little snippet after the credits that's interesting (but that's about it - cartoon cameo).....fun movie but hard to really review because it's a cartoon....

Given the choice of watching Hero or Interstellar over for a 2nd time - I'd certainly take Hero......

• Like 1