Women smash up Philadelphia McDonald's in breakfast menu brawl (VIDEO)

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Americans, its all about face.. only this has to happen and they explode.

why is it that I just knew that it involved negroes!

That is not an acceptable term except if you are writing in Spanish and can't spell.

if it's good enough for the army, it's good enough for tv.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/05/politics/army-says-word-negro-ok-to-use/

So, now it's "RACISM" that has made these women fat? Really? It used to be "big bones."

Not exactly, but there is denying that the USA remains a deeply racist society.

I don't buy that. I think reverse racism is more prevalent in the US. That said, there is and will always be some type of racial under tone no matter where you are and there always be the extreme samples of people no matter where you are.

----------

Gotta like this one about Hong Kong:

"The survey revealed that 71.8 percent of the population refuses to live next to someone of a different race."

Revealed! 10 Most Racist Countries In The World

http://www.siliconindia.com/news/general/Revealed-10-Most-Racist-Countries-In-The-World-nid-161000-cid-1.html

----------

Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you)
  • Jordan and India named the world's least tolerant countries
  • U.S., Britain, Canada and South America are among the least racist
  • Survey asks people if they would want neighbours of a different race

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html

• Like 1

The USA is a country with shockingly severe economic inequality. Fast food in the U.S. is the cheap and convenient food especially for the poor.African Americans in the U.S. still represent a disproportionate percentage of the American poor. Have some perspective on this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/11/12/the-disturbing-ways-that-fast-food-chains-disproportionately-target-black-kids/

Fast food restaurants blanket the country, but they are especially ubiquitous in the country's poorer communities. This reality, which has been called "food oppression," is a crucial component of a growing systemic problem in the United States, whereby America's richer communities are eating better, while its poorer communities are eating worse.

Poor black communities are especially vulnerable to this phenomenon.

"The same black communities that suffer more from diet-related diseases, like heart disease, obesity, and diabetes, tend to consume more fast food," said Dr. Jennifer Harris, the Director of Marketing Initiatives at Yale's Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity.

Oh dear God, can no one accept responsibility for their own actions. I can make some healthy meals for the same or less than what McDonalds costs. Some people are just too lazy to cook healthy and just don't like healthy food.

• Like 1

One of the problems for some of the very poor neighborhoods is the lack of access to healthy food. Many don't have proper grocery stores and instead have the equivalent of convenience stores, which do not provide any fresh vegetables or fruits. Many of the poor don't have cars and so traveling to get decent and fresh food is not convenient or feasible.

Many areas have very few options for food except fast food.

And yes, some are lazy. There are a lot of problems that exacerbate the weight problem.

• Like 1

One of the problems for some of the very poor neighborhoods is the lack of access to healthy food. Many don't have proper grocery stores and instead have the equivalent of convenience stores, which do not provide any fresh vegetables or fruits. Many of the poor don't have cars and so traveling to get decent and fresh food is not convenient or feasible.

And yes, some are lazy. There are a lot of problems that exacerbate the weight problem.

Don't have access to grocery stores. That is right up there with the most ridiculous statements or excuses I have heard on here. There are plenty of grocery stores in and near poor neighborhoods.

Lets see, bus trip to grocery store to buy several days of food or bus trip to McDiggly D's three times a day. Which is easier and cheaper?

Your just talking nonsense to try and prove a point, much like those who refuse to accept any responsibility for their own poor decisions.

Buy a package if chicken, a bag of frozen veggies, some brown rice and walla. Feed 3 for about $10.. My wife and I eat Salmon a lot and is is generally $6.99 a pound. 2 pieces of Slmon, brown rice and some broc. . . $ 10 for 2. McDonalds costs more than that for 2. Many decent frozen meal options for a few bucks per meal. We buy sirloin and flank steak all the time for $5.99 or $6.99 a pound.

No, many people buy crap food because they like the taste, its quick and takes no effort to make. I like Cokes, ice cream, fried foods and etc. as much as anyone, but I use some self restraint because I care about how I look and feel.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

Have you ever been in a poor neighborhood, F430murci? I haven't been to the States for a while, but the last time I was there, I stayed with friends who lived in a rather nice area, BUT it was next to a public housing area. They, like those in that area had a car. I didn't. I had to walk several blocks to a bus stop and the bus was very infrequent. There had been several muggings at the bus stop in the past several months, so I made sure I only went during the middle of the day. There was not a single grocery store for many miles around the area -- there was a liquor store and a small convenience type mom-and-pop store, but even that was not within reasonable walking distance.

Oh, and when you are talking about fruits and vegetables, they don't stay fresh all that long.

Oh, and by the way, when you got on the bus, it terminated at a McDonald's.

Have you ever been in a poor neighborhood, F430murci? I haven't been to the States for a while, but the last time I was there, I stayed with friends who lived in a rather nice area, BUT it was next to a public housing area. They, like those in that area had a car. I didn't. I had to walk several blocks to a bus stop and the bus was very infrequent. There had been several muggings at the bus stop in the past several months, so I made sure I only went during the middle of the day. There was not a single grocery store for many miles around the area -- there was a liquor store and a small convenience type mom-and-pop store, but even that was not within reasonable walking distance.

Oh, and when you are talking about fruits and vegetables, they don't stay fresh all that long.

Oh, and by the way, when you got on the bus, it terminated at a McDonald's.

I may not live in poor neighborhoods, but I live in the South and drive through them daily. I can say without a doubt there are grocery stores in these areas. I can also without any doubt that some of the poor small towns have grocery stores, but no Micky D's . . . maybe a Sonic or Hardies, but they also have Subways. Just as easy to get to grocery store and Subway than it is to the local Sonic or Hardee's.

Hopefully, you saying that buses stop at only McD's and not grocery stores is a joke. Buses stop more at or near large shopping complexes where both grocery stores, pharmacies and fast food restaurants are.

Again, just more excuse bs that people throw around who refuse to accept responsibility for their own bad decisions. Most making poor food decisions have equal access to fresh veggies or French fries. They just chose French fries because they like them.

The USA is a country with shockingly severe economic inequality. Fast food in the U.S. is the cheap and convenient food especially for the poor.African Americans in the U.S. still represent a disproportionate percentage of the American poor. Have some perspective on this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/11/12/the-disturbing-ways-that-fast-food-chains-disproportionately-target-black-kids/

Fast food restaurants blanket the country, but they are especially ubiquitous in the country's poorer communities. This reality, which has been called "food oppression," is a crucial component of a growing systemic problem in the United States, whereby America's richer communities are eating better, while its poorer communities are eating worse.

"The same black communities that suffer more from diet-related diseases, like heart disease, obesity, and diabetes, tend to consume more fast food," said Dr. Jennifer Harris, the Director of Marketing Initiatives at Yale's Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity.

But Jing, why do the poor need convenience? They have all day to do nothing.

Certainly they could fit it into their schedule to throw some frozen hashbrowns onto a cookie sheet and toss them in the oven for 30 minutes?

if it's good enough for the army, it's good enough for tv.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/05/politics/army-says-word-negro-ok-to-use/

It is not acceptable by the U.S. army. facepalm.gif

The new policy states that "Black or African-American" are the only acceptable terms.

Somebody please get ahold of the NAACP and tell them to quit being racist.

Especially when in small towns, I go to a lot of home cooking, meat and 3 with awesome cornbread and kick butt fried pies. Love that stuff, but even the veggies they serve are horrible for you. They cook down the greens and beans with bacon or ham and a ton of butter. Taste awesome, but you might as well eat a Big Mack and fries. It's a taste preference as much as anything else. If the bland steamed broc and grilled chicken were in demand, that is what these small town home cooking places would serve. Still, love me some fried peach pies. Yummmmm!

But Jing, why do the poor need convenience? They have all day to do nothing.

Certainly they could fit it into their schedule to throw some frozen hashbrowns onto a cookie sheet and toss them in the oven for 30 minutes?

Have you been watching FOX news? Who ever said poor people have lots of free time?

There is a huge and growing number of working poor in the US.

I guess you believe people are buying lobster with their food stamps also? Lmfao

Don't have access to grocery stores. That is right up there with the most ridiculous statements or excuses I have heard on here. There are plenty of grocery stores in and near poor neighborhoods.

Lets see, bus trip to grocery store to buy several days of food or bus trip to McDiggly D's three times a day. Which is easier and cheaper?

Your just talking nonsense to try and prove a point, much like those who refuse to accept any responsibility for their own poor decisions.

Buy a package if chicken, a bag of frozen veggies, some brown rice and walla. Feed 3 for about $10.. My wife and I eat Salmon a lot and is is generally $6.99 a pound. 2 pieces of Slmon, brown rice and some broc. . . $ 10 for 2. McDonalds costs more than that for 2. Many decent frozen meal options for a few bucks per meal. We buy sirloin and flank steak all the time for $5.99 or $6.99 a pound.

No, many people buy crap food because they like the taste, its quick and takes no effort to make. I like Cokes, ice cream, fried foods and etc. as much as anyone, but I use some self restraint because I care about how I look and feel.

The concept of "Food Desert" is a browning phenomenon in the US. http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts

I think it entirely plausible that this could be a contributing factor to poor diets. Poverty impacts in other ways also. Maybe schools in low income areas do not have good Home Economics facilities to teach students about preparing healthy food. I believe that it also is a generational thing and that unhealthy nutritional habits may be passed down by people who also did not have access to education or facilities that promote healthy and nutritional eating.

You are clearly wealthy. You make this known in previous posts. That you have tools that enable you to control your life and lifestyle is a direct result of your socio-economic status. I would not be quick to assume everyone else has the same access to such tools.

Your observations about why some people buy junk food are valid but I don't think your generalisations about why certain groups follow this trend are similarly valid.

Edited by Tep
  • Like 1

The concept of "Food Desert" is a browning phenomenon in the US. http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts

I think it entirely plausible that this could be a contributing factor to poor diets. Poverty impacts in other ways also. Maybe schools in low income areas do not have good Home Economics facilities to teach students about preparing healthy food. I believe that it also is a generational thing and that unhealthy nutritional habits may be passed down by people who also did not have access to education or facilities that promote healthy and nutritional eating.

You are clearly wealthy. You make this known in previous posts. That you have tools that enable you to control your life and lifestyle is a direct result of your socio-economic status. I would not be quick to assume everyone else has the same access to such tools.

Your observations about why some people buy junk food are valid but I don't think your generalisations about why certain groups follow this trend are similarly valid.

I disagree about home economic classes or what is taught in school about food. I never had anything like that and this is something that is a parent thing. Parents are responsible for providing their children good meals, not quick and easy meals.

Who said I am limiting anything to any groups. People of certain races or means do not hold a monopoly on bad eating habits or obesity. I only took issue with the statement that black people or poor people eat McDonalds or fast food for some other reason than that is what they chose to eat. Accepting no responsibility for one's action and constantly making excuses for one's own actions is a bigger sickness in America because that is what keeps people down.

I disagree about home economic classes or what is taught in school about food. I never had anything like that and this is something that is a parent thing. Parents are responsible for providing their children good meals, not quick and easy meals.

Who said I am limiting anything to any groups. People of certain races or means do not hold a monopoly on bad eating habits or obesity. I only took issue with the statement that black people or poor people eat McDonalds or fast food for some other reason than that is what they chose to eat. Accepting no responsibility for one's action and constantly making excuses for one's own actions is a bigger sickness in America because that is what keeps people down.

Apologies if I read too much into your comments.

I agree with you about the role of parents but I don't think I would say parents are responsible to do this because clearly many are not. i would say something like it is 'better' for parents to educate their children about good eating habits by example and other means. In the absence of this, schools are forced to take responsibility.

You argue that the core of the problem is a lack of individual responsibility. I would argue that there are systemic dysfunctions exacerbated by income inequality that are contributing factors. It is unlikely we would come to common ground as this seems to be one of the fundamental differences between the left and right view of the world.

So intolerant. So bigoted. Disgusting. There is blatant RACISM on this thread not to mention a complete lack of understanding about the complexities of the obesity epidemic in modern societies. For shame!

You were expecting different?

Apologies if I read too much into your comments.

I agree with you about the role of parents but I don't think I would say parents are responsible to do this because clearly many are not. i would say something like it is 'better' for parents to educate their children about good eating habits by example and other means. In the absence of this, schools are forced to take responsibility.

You argue that the core of the problem is a lack of individual responsibility. I would argue that there are systemic dysfunctions exacerbated by income inequality that are contributing factors. It is unlikely we would come to common ground as this seems to be one of the fundamental differences between the left and right view of the world.

I would agree there is no bright line rule and there are many factors at play here. I get that some have it easier than others and exposure to certain norms is an issue. I just hate to see these blame articles and the blame others mentality because, even if somewhat true, it is very self defeating.

I lived in Memphis, Tennessee, for a while. A god aweful place and full of unhealthy people of all races and wealth levels. Bad diets and and not much exercise.

Moved to Destin, Florida, and everyone seemed healthy and in good shape regardless of income or race. Very health conscious area.

Split time between there and Nashville where most also seem to be health conscious regardless of race or wealth. I just don't see a lot of obesity here either.

So intolerant. So bigoted. Disgusting. There is blatant RACISM on this thread not to mention a complete lack of understanding about the complexities of the obesity epidemic in modern societies. For shame!

Oh stop it already. You guys seem more race obsessive than anyone.

Oh stop it already. You guys seem more race obsessive than anyone.

Hardly. A few linky poos if you don't mind...