Former kid actor 'Patrick' fined for punching Bangkok taxi driver

webfact

Edward Furlong comes to mind as another child actor gone off the rails, but then again he came from a broken family and his first role was as a child from a broken family. None of that was going to lead to a good future, was it. Nowadays he seems to resemble the average woman on the British Jeremy Kyle show.

So if a farang punches a taxi driver, the farang will get a beating

outside the car from the ten nearby taxi drivers. If a well known

Thai punched a taxi driver, think nothing would happen. So this

" kid" appears to be a luk khrueng , so his punishment will be

to be dropped at the police , a sort of half punishment ??

It would be nice to hear if he was charged with anything.... or whether the police all got out their phones to have their picture taken with him, post it on facebook, and then drop him off at home to sleep it off.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cute spoilt kid becomes total jerk: a universal theme there.

And of top of that, so many folks, every country, now put morons like this up on a pedestal with the title 'celebrity'.

Other examples, 'celebrities' who have been charged & punished, sometimes multiple cases, for fights, DUI, their kids have been removed for their personal safety and for better emotional caring, physical and mental abuse of wife / husband, kids, employees.

Funny world we live in - to be put up on a pedestal surely their should be a good reason - valuable contributions to society (regardless of age or beauty or wealth), honesty, sincerity, reliability would be the factors that I learned from my parents.

Somehow this all seems to have gone wrong, by my values, but maybe values have changed?

"As is often the case with former child actors, he was totally wasted."

I realize it has already been posted 4 times, but I thought it so funny I just wanted to post it again.

But.....................many a true word spoken in jest. Think about how many well known child actors from the western countries ran off the rails later in life. thumbsup.gif

Let me see who springs to mind....

Tatum O'Neal

Hilary Duff

Britney Spears

Lindsay Lohan

Amanda Bynes (who apparently is STILL off the rails)

Macaulay Culkin

Drew Barrymore

Miley Cyrus (also STILL off the rails)

Those are all I can think off at the moment.

Let us not forget Justin Bieber...as much I'd like to forget :P

Edited by raidermanca

Surely assault is a criminal matter that should not be resolved by money

man,where have you been?....if brutal,horrific murder can be "resolved' by money,then a mere "criminal" matter such as assault should disappear in a puff of green smoke. TIT wai2.gif

So if a farang punches a taxi driver, the farang will get a beating

outside the car from the ten nearby taxi drivers. If a well known

Thai punched a taxi driver, think nothing would happen. So this

" kid" appears to be a luk khrueng , so his punishment will be

to be dropped at the police , a sort of half punishment ??

What ya on aboot mate?

You honestly think this taxi driver, at 3AM on Loy Kratong, recognized, a drunk 18 year old as a kid who had 5 minutes of fame on Thai TV 8 years ago? And that this would save him from a beat down? Ha get with times, don't think it really works like that. A foreigner starting or being involved with taxi drivers in a densely populated tourist area could quickly lead to a group beat down (inre: many medias stories about Phuket, Pattaya, etc) but I hardly believe that it is a simple black and white rule as you imply. Never had violent incidents with taxi drivers myself, despite my best efforts. I think they figured its not worth it.

Oh poor poor หมูยอง .. should cut his hair

We all know the intelligence level of Thai actors...whether young or older........they're all simpletons!!

On the contrary, when I was in university I got to "study"(and party) with a lot of actors, or entertainers. Most of the more famous ones are quite rich, hence, quite educated, usually growing up abroad or at least growing up in the better international schools of Bangkok. A lot of them were westernized to the max and pretty much saw through (and were quite sick of) the Thai style. Oh so many girls though!! ชิมๆ

Thailand is keeping up with the rest of the world, their child stars growing up to be out-of-control wastes. Is he dating Lindsay Lohan?

Welcome to the modern world. Danny Bonnacucci can be reached via twitter.

There was a brother-sister singing duet in Brasil called Sandy & Junior. Started out as adorable tykes, by the time they were both around 20 Junior was a member of the Keith Richard 'not dead yet but sure looks it' club. I think they forced him into rehab.