Home Perimeter Security

The notion that dogs won't eat food from others is malarky. Labradors and Beagles among dozens of breeds will eat till they explode.

I'm sure you could train a dog not to tske food other than what's in its bowl, but that's another thing.

Id go for a peacock.

• Like 1

Why not all of thee above , Ad the geese and ducks for keeping the grass cut and fertilized, The dogs for making more noise and the electric fence and cameras to sit back later and watch some good video. Very sad to say they if you want to have nice things someone is going to try to steal them.

Someone wanted to steal my motorbike at the night market I always put it on the T stand and lock the steering . It was down on the side stand when I returned. Good thing the steering was locked. I figure they tried to just push it away but the lock steering foiled there plan.

The notion that dogs won't eat food from others is malarky. Labradors and Beagles among dozens of breeds will eat till they explode.

I'm sure you could train a dog not to tske food other than what's in its bowl, but that's another thing.

Id go for a peacock.

Dogs can be locked in their kennels (with insect screens over steel mesh), at two opposing corners. Cannot feed them through the screen.

One mean guard dog inside the house.

We have a cctv video system that is hooked up to the guard house with 4 to 5 guards. The guards also go around the grounds on bike twice an hour. If they get past that they have a second fence and 2 Rotts to deal with. If they get passed that they have a standard house alarm system that will make insane noise and all sorts of lights go off.

The Rotts are really the best thing and they are great with kids.

We have a cctv video system that is hooked up to the guard house with 4 to 5 guards. The guards also go around the grounds on bike twice an hour. If they get past that they have a second fence and 2 Rotts to deal with. If they get passed that they have a standard house alarm system that will make insane noise and all sorts of lights go off.

The Rotts are really the best thing and they are great with kids.

Sounds like the only thing you're missing is moat full of sharks :)

• Like 1

get a dog, stay away from motion detector sound alarms, you will be up many nights when a cat or bird triggers it. Most people I know including me have it stop using it, its a hassle to have to turn it on and off, etc

It depends how you install them. I have infrared beams on my walls, which beam right outside the wall. So a cat will not easily trigger the alarm when walking on the wall, but an intruder will trigger while pulling himself up even before he's on the wall.

The five cats who formerly walked along the top of our cement block fence just go through the stainless steel part of the fence. The electric fence I had installed by professionals of Wasp Security in June 2008 has served my family very well. Eight exit doors to the house and not often do we lock all doors. The combo push button door locks and fingerprint door lock was a waste of baht. The electric fence was money well spent and Mike Rust has made sure it was installed correctly. Once a week we sweep the fence for spider webs so geckos do not go to eat insects and trip the alarm. I would have saved the money on the Pelco CCTV had I known how effective a professional and cost efficient an electric fence was in Thailand. If I did not have cats I sure would have considered a dog. There are several electric fence companies in Thailand, but WASP Security had the best written bid and I was (and am) comfortable with the professional service of Mike Rust.

post-20604-0-04033800-1423321638_thumb.j

post-20604-0-87078700-1423321663_thumb.j

post-20604-0-60605200-1423321727_thumb.j

post-20604-0-35813600-1423321889_thumb.j

post-20604-0-03136600-1423322151_thumb.j

Edited by kamalabob2

In Buriram on Saturday I bought some proper metal mesh to put on the bottom of our stainless steel gate to keep out dogs and chickens. I'm confident that the top of our gate and perimeter wall is secure by the electric fence wires, but I left too wide of a gap in the stainless steel 304 rolling gate vertical posts and smaller swinging pedestrian gate when I had a modest house built in 2007 and 2008. I had tried to explain the virtues of metal mesh to my wife but she did not understand the product until it was explained to her in Thai and she could see it and see it for herself in Buriram. It has been my personal experience that a Thai spouse does not quite understand the value of certain home security until they see it in action and it is explained by a credible Thai person.

post-20604-0-80798800-1423963122_thumb.j

Edited by kamalabob2

• 8 years later...