Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

Curious how some user is posting almost exclusively on each and every topic about Kho Tao.

Just sayin'...

So what??? I do that everyday and i suspect many others also.

It keeps the story in the news and on peoples mind. It is these postings, that will not allow this horror to be swept under the carpet. It is my way to pay respects to Hannah and David ,who cannot fight for themselves. But mostly it is one of thousands of small efforts joining hands to stop 2 innocent lives being destroyed.

So--- post away everybody on every kt site you can find. It does make a difference.

• Like 1

Curious how some user is posting almost exclusively on each and every topic about Kho Tao.

Just sayin'...

It keeps the story in the news and on peoples mind. It is these postings, that will not allow this horror to be swept under the carpet. It is my way to pay respects to Hannah and David ,who cannot fight for themselves. But mostly it is one of thousands of small efforts joining hands to stop 2 innocent lives being destroyed.

So--- post away everybody on every kt site you can find. It does make a difference.

...I was referring to who obviously posts ONLY on there topics, to troll or disrupt them. I have all interest to follow what's going on about this case.

So pal, you completely missed the target here.

The phone issue has been dealt with.

That HANNAH'S friends have not made any statement...

You are avoiding my rebuttal to your assertion that they have free speech in the following;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774320-police-coy-over-new-probe-into-koh-tao-murders/?p=8645781

Would you care to comment with reference to you assertion above?

Murder occurred in Thailand.

Look at the memorandum regarding murder Manslaughter and Infanticide of citizens abroad.

Irrelevant.

UK law is irrelevant?

UK Inquest. Irrelevant where the murder occurred as the body arrived back after a sudden and unexpected death, it is a required Inquest under British Law so Subjudice is relevant for the media and witness combined.

Sub judice

Is to protect the accused in criminal proceedings occurring in the UK, not overseas.

You are avoiding my rebuttal to your assertion that they have free speech in the following;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774320-police-coy-over-new-probe-into-koh-tao-murders/?p=8645781

Look at the memorandum regarding murder Manslaughter and Infanticide of citizens abroad.

Irrelevant.

UK law is irrelevant?

JD I believe your dealing with a real ex British policeman who does actually know what he is talking about

So please stop playing the role of RTP's dancing farang monkey

Soutpeel

I think you are wrong.

I won't label you with trollish name calling.

JD have you read the memorandum you continually reference in its entirety?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/141958/mou-fco-acpo-coroners.pdf

If you have read it in it's entirety, then its hard to understand why you would keep referencing it as you do...especially without citing sections and explaining how you think this memorandum supports your positions...because by my reading of this memorandum in its entirety, it would not help you support most if not all of the positions you use it to support.

So based on the entirety of the memorandum,

How does the fact that the murder occurred in Thailand negate sub-judice rules in England?

How does the memorandum preclude any investigation into the circumstances surrounding the murders of Hannah and David?

How does the memorandum rise to the level of "UK law" that an investigation, or anything else the UK authorities would like to do in order to determine exactly how Hannah and David were killed, would violate?

http://www.channel4.com/producers-handbook/media-law/contempt-and-reporting-legal-proceedings/contempt-or-sub-judice-rules

"Finally, note that UK contempt laws only apply to legal proceedings that are taking place in the UK. You could not, therefore, be in contempt of US legal proceedings for broadcasting prejudicial material in the UK."

Edited by jdinasia

the Mirror on Friday a quoted Andy Hall saying that at the latest bail hearing in the Samui court the judge warned the prosecutors that the suspects must be charged within the next 12 day period. The police have to apply to the court for detention orders every 12 days before charges are brought and the maximum this can be done is 7 times, or for 84 days. That is presumably the reason the prosecutors said charges will be brought by the end of the month but I didn't notice the Thai press reporting the pressure applied by the judge.

Both Hanna's and David's friends HAVE made Statements to the British Police Force...FACT

As The Thai authorities will find out in due course.

Probably but will have to wait for coroner`s inquests before any details can emerge. A quick search reveals Witheridge family local MP Brandon Lewis has been involved for some time.

Both Hanna's and David's friends HAVE made Statements to the British Police Force...FACT

As The Thai authorities will find out in due course.

Probably but will have to wait for coroner`s inquests before any details can emerge. A quick search reveals Witheridge family local MP Brandon Lewis has been involved for some time.

We have no idea if any statements were made or by whom.

http://www.channel4....ub-judice-rules

Jdinasia @ "Finally, note that UK contempt laws only apply to legal proceedings that are taking place in the UK. You could not, therefore, be in contempt of US legal proceedings for broadcasting prejudicial material in the UK."

And that's precisely why you will not hear Hannah and Davids friends making any statements to the press in the UK contrary to you earlier statement that they have freedom of speech. Until after the inquest.

By the way nice to see that you are quoting from a credible source that was handed to you by Katoom so you can now in future be clear about your statements.

Just sayin'...

...I was referring to who obviously posts ONLY on there topics, to troll or disrupt them. I have all interest to follow what's going on about this case.

So pal, you completely missed the target here.

Oh just put jdinasia on 'ignore', I have smile.png

• Like 1

jdinasia. I start to get seriously worried about your health!!

Give it a break for a couple of hours, walk the dog (even if you don't have one), recharge the batteries. Enjoy the beauty of Thailand instead of trying to become a legend on Thaivisa. What purpose does it serve anyway to repeat the same mantra over and over again? We all know your point of view. Leave it there and enjoy life!!

This is a forum, where you share your point of view, get entertained or get informed, but not the purpose of life!

Have a lovely day!!wai2.gif

Jdinasia @ "Finally, note that UK contempt laws only apply to legal proceedings that are taking place in the UK. You could not, therefore, be in contempt of US legal proceedings for broadcasting prejudicial material in the UK."

And that's precisely why you will not hear Hannah and Davids friends making any statements to the press in the UK contrary to you earlier statement that they have freedom of speech. Until after the inquest.

By the way nice to see that you are quoting from a credible source that was handed to you by Katoom so you can now in future be clear about your statements.

Your conclusions are wrong. The inquest doesn't prevent the discussion of things that might prejudice a case in Thailand. The inquest itself has absolutely no bearing on anything in Thailand.

I suggest you look at exactly what the inquest is empowered to do.

WOW, Just WOW

I wished I had studied harder and become a Police Man in Thailand.

Why has the Thai press not picked up on this, the Thai People should be aware of this transaction.

This is common knowledge, but as we all are aware of, there are no investigative journalists in this country!

So we can assume, the murders were a major inconvenience for the Chief on his merry way to the laundromat!!

How can you have investigative journalism when you have a criminal defamation act and people who have absolutely no regard for the law - the investigative journalists they did have, have been shot like the guy in Phuket.

Corruption rules in this country run by feudal authorities and criminal groups.

The inquest itself has absolutely no bearing on anything in Thailand.

directly maybe not, but what the inquest will establish is whether the manner of death is consistent with the way the Thai authorities have reported it, so if they have said the manner of death is due to be struck with a hoe, and the coroner in his examination believes this is not the cause of death, and has evidence to support this will form part of the inquest findings.

They will also examine the events surrounding the death and comment on whether this is consistent with what RTP have reported.

so it may not prove a cover up per se, but if the inquest finds they have facts they have are not consistent with what the RTP reported, it certainly opens up many questions.

• Like 2

Your conclusions are wrong. The inquest doesn't prevent the discussion of things that might prejudice a case in Thailand. The inquest itself has absolutely no bearing on anything in Thailand.

Your wrong. My conclusion is that you will not hear any statements in the UK media made by Hannah's or David's friends. I did not mention Thailand, you mention this.

However your correct that the inquest will have no bearing on the case in Thailand.

Other that tell the truth as the inquest finds and the consequences of that to the RTP investigation

Edited by thailandchilli

80% complete and they are ready to indict.

Before, the case was "perfect."

What is the English word which could be used above "perfect?"

80% complete according to the prosecutors. "Perfect" only according to the police. The police and the public prosecutors are not the same entities.

"The duo appeared calm and less stressed compared to before, possibly because of frequent visits from their lawyer and representatives of the National Human Rights Commission, police said."

Well that is one theory. They could also appear more calm because they haven't just been doused in petrol and threatened with a waving zippo. Or had boiling water poured on their arm pits and neck to extract a false confession. I guess the knowledge that at least 400k people around the world are wanting to see the "real" killers caught in this case, and refuse to be bullied by uniformed cowards, will also be buoying their moods.

"Well that is one theory. They could also appear more calm because they haven't just been doused in petrol and threatened with a waving zippo"

And that's just another speculative theory.

"Or had boiling water poured on their arm pits and neck"

As was evidenced by the photographs of the permanent scarring such treatment would render. Oh yes, there were no such photos.

"Oh yes, there were no such photos."

You mean, you haven't yet seen any such photo?

Why not have a gander at this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765690-thailand-beach-murders-police-defend-bizarre-public-reconstruction-of-slayings-by-suspects/page-17

Post 417 has a very clear photo of the 2 Burmese midgets. The taller of the 2 has very clear scald or throttle marks on his neck. Have a look.

"The duo appeared calm and less stressed compared to before, possibly because of frequent visits from their lawyer and representatives of the National Human Rights Commission, police said."

Well that is one theory. They could also appear more calm because they haven't just been doused in petrol and threatened with a waving zippo. Or had boiling water poured on their arm pits and neck to extract a false confession. I guess the knowledge that at least 400k people around the world are wanting to see the "real" killers caught in this case, and refuse to be bullied by uniformed cowards, will also be buoying their moods.

"Well that is one theory. They could also appear more calm because they haven't just been doused in petrol and threatened with a waving zippo"

And that's just another speculative theory.

"Or had boiling water poured on their arm pits and neck"

As was evidenced by the photographs of the permanent scarring such treatment would render. Oh yes, there were no such photos.

"Oh yes, there were no such photos."

You mean, you haven't yet seen any such photo?

Why not have a gander at this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765690-thailand-beach-murders-police-defend-bizarre-public-reconstruction-of-slayings-by-suspects/page-17

Post 417 has a very clear photo of the 2 Burmese midgets. The taller of the 2 has very clear scald or throttle marks on his neck. Have a look.

No there are not.

BTW they aren't midgets either. The 2 Burmese men are exactly that. Men

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

When I read this, can't help thinking about all the other cases like this one whereby police and/or "influential" persons have murdered others, and done exactly like you said, find scapegoats ,obfuscate, waste time, wait for it all to go away- and it will. KJ in CM, Blue Diamond, the Brit couple in Kanchanaburi (although the murdering policeman was arrested in this rare case).Red Bull, LDP in Pai, the list goes on and on and on. Similarities with the KJ investigation are uncanny with the blatant attempt to falsify the DNA evidence(which apparently has become standard operating procedure after the KJ investigation was successfully FUBAR'ed)

The sad reality is that this case will go exactly the same way. 20 yrs down the road, identity of real killers will be publicly known and easy to find with a google search, but case will be closed or uninvestigated. Only chance of justice here for the KT serial murders will be vigilante justice, might not be such a long wait.

"KJ in CM, Blue Diamond, the Brit couple in Kanchanaburi (although the murdering policeman was arrested in this rare case).Red Bull, LDP in Pai, the list goes on and on and on."

But your list does not go "on and on and on" it just contains glaring nonsense. As you said yourself the Kanchanaburi case should not be on your list. There was no murder in the Red Bull case either and even if there was that case has not ended.

• Like 1

Your wrong. My conclusion is that you will not hear any statements in the UK media made by Hannah's or David's friends. I did not mention Thailand, you mention this.

However your correct that the inquest will have no bearing on the case in Thailand.

Other that tell the truth as the inquest finds and the consequences of that to the RTP investigation

What the inquest can tell us.

Cause of death.

Types of injuries.

Toxicology

That is about all it will reveal.

I believe HMG cares about its nationals overseas more than it cares about trading with this regime and that, for all its faults, the Uk stands up for justice where its own are involved. Do you disagree that relationships between Th and Uk are at their lowest ebb since WW2? On the whole I prefer a little British nationalism to the present xenophobic Thai version. .We want to see justice for innocent British victims.

Has been said that "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel". I am aware of that and do not often beat a nationalist drum but from time to time I may wave whatever flag I care to. Uk does not need Thailand ihmo.

edit sp

And Thailand most certainly does not need the UK. The days of Western Imperialism are over.

The British police can do nothing,Its a publicity stunt,nothing on british news,about anything they can do.,Same as tourist police,There only there for show aswell.Tourist police cannot arrest anybody,cannot have a gun.etc etc,There more like stewarts at a football match.Thailand is trying to save face every day to the rest of the world,,But it is not working,Everybody knows what they are..

"Tourist police cannot arrest anybody,cannot have a gun.etc etc,"

Of course they have powers of arrest, and they do carry arms (what's the "etc, etc?). The Tourist Police are a division of the RTP staffed by Thai officers.

Irrelevant.

UK law is irrelevant?

JD I believe your dealing with a real ex British policeman who does actually know what he is talking about

So please stop playing the role of RTP's dancing farang monkey

I believe the gentleman said that he is ex HK police. A force that has had its own challenges for sure!

Also, IME, not all policeman know all aspects of the law particularly well. That does not include Mr. Katoom because I don't know him so can't comment.

I think I remember JD also saying that he's not a lawyer, solicitor or been involved in law enforcement.

They are entitled to their opinions.

The important point is that an inquest has been fixed, the British police are involved, they will report their "observations" at the appropriate time in the appropriate manner. They won't blab and make all sorts of comments to journalists (usually) and will play it strictly by the book. Most British police officers are professionals who won't be distracted by all the noise around cases. Even the somewhat unsavory reputation that proceeds the RTP won't be an influence as such. They will be unbiased and their report will reflect reality - whatever that is. The inquest has been fixed for January, so don't expect anything before then. The trial of the two Burmese suspects could be over and done by then. That might expect the nervousness of the Thai prosecutor. Might not want to be involved in an "open and shut case" that is later pulled to pieces in the UK.

I believe HMG cares about its nationals overseas more than it cares about trading with this regime and that, for all its faults, the Uk stands up for justice where its own are involved. Do you disagree that relationships between Th and Uk are at their lowest ebb since WW2? On the whole I prefer a little British nationalism to the present xenophobic Thai version. .We want to see justice for innocent British victims.

Has been said that "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel". I am aware of that and do not often beat a nationalist drum but from time to time I may wave whatever flag I care to. Uk does not need Thailand ihmo.

edit sp

And Thailand most certainly does not need the UK. The days of Western Imperialism are over.

Thailand doesn't need any other country. They are simply the best at everything. Ask any Thai - Thailand number 1.

• Like 1

What the inquest can tell us.

Cause of death.

Types of injuries.

Toxicology

That is about all it will reveal.

I was aware of that. That is precisely what we want to hear from the inquest, nothing more. That in itself will reveal whats needed