Rice Pledging Scheme: No time to prepare, lawyers say

Lite Beer

Yingluck and her lawyers have had months to prepare for this case the downside for which is only that she will be banned from politics for 5 years.

The two Burmese murder suspects in Koh Tao are not even allowed one day with their lawyers to prepare their defence in a capital case. Thailand has the best justice money can buy.

And the NACC who most definitely DID NOT rush this case at all, and have been preparing it for 3 YEARS apparently.

But yet it seems they are allowed to interview more witnesses.

Smutty, maybe I am a bit slow, but there is something I just don't understand. If the Shins are so popular and powerful why are they disliked/hated/despised by so many, and seem to be on the back foot, complaining about not being given enough time to prepare their case etc ? If Yingluck is as squeaky clean as some of the red fans make out she is there should not be any worry about defending her.

My wife and I caught a taxi from Chiang Mai airport into town last week and even our taxi driver had harsh words to say about Yingluck. Sign of the times.

Yingluck and her lawyers have had months to prepare for this case the downside for which is only that she will be banned from politics for 5 years.

The two Burmese murder suspects in Koh Tao are not even allowed one day with their lawyers to prepare their defence in a capital case. Thailand has the best justice money can buy.

And the NACC who most definitely DID NOT rush this case at all, and have been preparing it for 3 YEARS apparently.

Smutty, maybe I am a bit slow, but there is something I just don't understand. If the Shins are so popular and powerful why are they disliked/hated/despised by so many, and seem to be on the back foot, complaining about not being given enough time to prepare their case etc ? If Yingluck is as squeaky clean as some of the red fans make out she is there should not be any worry about defending her.

My wife and I caught a taxi from Chiang Mai airport into town last week and even our taxi driver had harsh words to say about Yingluck. Sign of the times.

That may be so, but how do you or I or anyone know until the people get the chance to vote on it?

My brother who is on this forum and was a die hard yellow shirt (anti TS) has now done somewhat of a U turn after seeing that the whole coup reform stuff was complete BS.

Probably unintentionally the poor performance of the coup Govt is seeing those who were extremely pro them starting to moderate their pro coup views, and perhaps what many people have been saying many of the red shirt supporters are seeing the Shins for the corruption they carried out, and veering away from their support.

Hopefully many of the marginal people on each side can find a middle ground, and will be given a chance to vote for a new party which be formed by the moderates, young new generation forward thinkers in an election. I doubt it would happen but its worth hoping.

Sorry i did not answer your question. Regarding the case. It would be fool hardy and naive of any person charged to rush into court. If you are allowed 15 days by law to study the charges etc, it would be foolish of anyone not to take the allotted time. Moreover i am sure her lawyers, billing on the hour would also be advising this.

If the prosecution have not given her sufficient notice under law it weakens their case still further. If they cannot even get the procedure right surely it throws into doubt their competency to carry out a complex investigation.

Anyway, if she is guilty as charged she should be punished, if not then not punished. I just wish they would start rounding up all the crooks, not just ones with Shinawatra as a surname.

Sorry i did not answer your question. Regarding the case. It would be fool hardy and naive of any person charged to rush into court. If you are allowed 15 days by law to study the charges etc, it would be foolish of anyone not to take the allotted time. Moreover i am sure her lawyers, billing on the hour would also be advising this.

If the prosecution have not given her sufficient notice under law it weakens their case still further. If they cannot even get the procedure right surely it throws into doubt their competency to carry out a complex investigation.

Anyway, if she is guilty as charged she should be punished, if not then not punished. I just wish they would start rounding up all the crooks, not just ones with Shinawatra as a surname.

Charged? Court? Rushing things?

There is no court case yet, the OAG didn't accept the case presented a few months ago. The criminal court is not involved yet. That means you're in a way defaming Ms. Yingluck by suggesting she might be a crook who needs to be rounded up.

As for the 'rounding up', well I know we're under Martial Law, but to 'round up' people goes a wee bit far. How about first identifying possible 'crooks', a case against them build, the OAG to approve to formally raise a case in court, etc., etc.

BTW the British Government should be more careful in the 'democratic example' they set. Before you know it the Thai Government will copy them.

"British spies have been granted the authority to secretly eavesdrop on legally privileged attorney-client communications, according to newly released documents."

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/11/06/uk-surveillance-of-lawyers-journalists-gchq/

Edited by rubl

Why would anyone want to rush into a kangaroo court?

The decks stacked against her.Her team asked to present more witnesses and was denied yet this lot want to interveiw all witnesses to try and get any dirt on her they can.

What's next witnesses with paper bags over their heads?

The yellow elite supporters should have a look at the nations bias reporting and then themselves being drip fed anti shin PTP stories day after day and lapping up.

As much as you want it to be true it isn't.The shins have huge support and it's not going anywhere no matter.

If she gets a five year ban and then comes back to run it will wipe the yellows off the map.

Oh hang on that happens every election that's why Thailand is where it is today.Again!

They just can't win!