No drugs in Robin Williams suicide

Lite Beer

No drugs in Robin Williams suicide

Robin Williams was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of his suicide, authorities in California have revealed.

The actor, 63, was found dead in his California home on 11 August in what authorities soon ruled a suicide.

A Marin County coroner's report released on Friday found Williams died from asphyxia due to hanging.

Williams, famed for roles in such films as Mrs Doubtfire and Good Will Hunting, had been treated for depression.

The entertainer was last seen alive by his wife on 10 August, and was found dead the following day.

On the morning he was found, the actor's personal assistant became concerned when he did not respond to knocks on the door, authorities say. The assistant entered the room and found Williams dead.

Williams won an Academy Award for his role in Good Will Hunting and starred in films including Good Morning Vietnam and Jumanji.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29963564

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-08

In a drug-culture like Hollywood and because its quite common for people suffering from depression to self-medicate and suffer addiction issues, I must say this news that Robin Williams was not under the influence when he made his decision gives his actions even more merit. He must have been suffering great pain in his final days--how unjust that a man who brought such happiness to so many others found it elusive himself.

Sad either way.

My guess is that he killed himself because of Parkinson's disease, but depression did not help.

Yes, could very well be. In which case, it was a brave decision and a selfless one.

If I were diagnosed with that particular illness I would not want to place such a burden on my children.

I think there is merit to choosing death over Parkinson's. No disrespect to anyone elses' opinion.

He contributed a great deal and has left a long and lasting legacy.

I am not in a position to pass judgment, but I certainly would have to use some sort of drugs to get up enough courage to kill myself.

I am not in a position to pass judgment, but I certainly would have to use some sort of drugs to get up enough courage to kill myself.

I was thinking the same thing. If I could not take care of myself, a huge shot of opiates seems like the best way to go.

Actually it isn't. I had surgery a while back and I was on morphine and when they gave me a shot, it made me feel like vomiting and the heaving motion made it very painful. Of course, it did relieve the pain eventually, but I was very careful before requesting pain medication after that.

....But we are straying off topic. Robin was apparently braver than either you or me.

Robin Williams paranoid before suicide

Los Angeles (AFP) - Robin Williams had recently become more paranoid when he committed suicide by hanging himself, coroners said Friday, adding that he had no alcohol or illicit drugs in his system.

There were also signs that the comic actor -- who had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease -- had tried to cut his left wrist, according to an autopsy report.

No suicide note or other indication that he planned to take his own life was found at the scene, it said.

http://news.yahoo.com/robin-williams-committed-suicide-coroner-confirms-220908721.html

DEPRESSION... it is a disease. Suffering is beyond description. Anyone addressing suicide as act of cowardice must be overly religious or plain stupid.

Robin is one of the best loved actors. I love him so much. Very sad...

Even sadder that the tragic death of a man giving so much joy to so many goes virtually unnoticed...

Edited by ABCer

DEPRESSION... it is a disease. Suffering is beyond description. Anyone addressing suicide as act of cowardice must be overly religious or plain stupid.

Even sadder that the tragic death of a man giving so much joy to so many goes virtually unnoticed...

If it makes you feel better--his death did not go unnoticed. Most all Americans mourned his passing.

• Like 1

If it makes you feel better--his death did not go unnoticed. Most all Americans mourned his passing.

Thank you ClutchClark. Wouldn't term it 'feel better'.

But I was referring to TV here. And virtually no response is a shocker to me.

• Like 1