has anyone installed beeping rear sensors on a pickup

I have the new Isuzu dmax vcross and very happy. I thought its kee neow that they do not to have the beeping rear sensor functionality when reversing.

For 2000 baht I can get 4 sensors installed on the rear bumper. Has anyone done this recently? Any problems after installation? Would you recommend getting this done

cheers

I use the camera on my Isuzu d max v cross , take some time to get use to it . You can trust the the red line on your screen.

Here are some accessories that i got for my v cross that I am happy with.

Dash cam buy a god one wide angel and hd quality cost 5000 baht.

Aeroklas lid ink paint and installation 22000 baht

12 volt socket in the trunk if you want a fridge 1500 baht

bigger plastic cover in the wheel house so you don’t get mud in the engine room 1400 baht.

Prices are from korat......

Had this done on the last two vehicles though fitted at main dealer before collection. No problems after 4 years on both an Isuzu and Nissan so I'd say they are worthwhile HOWEVER I do not rely solely on them when reversing, I tend to use my eyes and mirrors too.....

• Like 1

I had the sensors installed for 1600b all up - 4 sensors. Had this done as soon as I bought the D Max as I quickly realized the vehicle is high and vision not real good out the back. Could imagine reversing in a village and not being able to see a small child for example.

Haven't had any problems - 2 years now - well worth the investment.

Placement of the sensors is crucial though. Make sure they know what they are doing.

Definitely recommended.

I had some extra ones fitted on the corners of my bumpers. They can drive you a bit mad as the beeper is constantly going off when motorbikes get anywhere near you such as traffic lights.

I am not one to complain but I was parked in a petrol station and a Thai fellow, in his newish truck thing, complete with sensors, happily, slowly and inexorably reversed into my car.

They are not, clearly, always reliable.

You can work out if I mean the sensors or the drivers ...

When I got my Honda Civic several years ago, the dealer threw in the sensors as a free extra. Two years ago, we bought a new Mitsubishi Triton; they threw in bed liner, tinted window, and some chrome accessories, but not the sensor. I purchased a sport bar cover in Pattaya at Boy Air & Sound - it made the rear visibility even less, so a few days later I had them install the back up sensors. They work great, only beep if I am in reverse and get close to something including the curb. About 1,800 Baht as I recall. It took about 2 hours for them to install.

After some body work was done on my Civic, the sensors started beeping anytime the car was in reverse. I took it to Boy Air and Sound and they put in new ones - they may have used some of the original cable as the fee was 1,400 instead of 1,800. It took about an hour and a half to install.

I had some extra ones fitted on the corners of my bumpers. They can drive you a bit mad as the beeper is constantly going off when motorbikes get anywhere near you such as traffic lights.

I thought it was standard they're only active when reversing.

True

If affordable - both the sensors and camera sound like a great solution on a pickup truck ...

I drive a 30 ft. almost 10 meter long - 3 meter wide Motor Home in the States and wish for a camera on all four corners - down low... where I cannot see. - then have a split screen too view with one large button to toggle front / rear --- side to side... But will have to wish for a while longer.

I use the camera on my Isuzu d max v cross , take some time to get use to it . You can trust the the red line on your screen.

Here are some accessories that i got for my v cross that I am happy with.

Dash cam buy a god one wide angel and hd quality cost 5000 baht.

Aeroklas lid ink paint and installation 22000 baht

12 volt socket in the trunk if you want a fridge 1500 baht

bigger plastic cover in the wheel house so you don’t get mud in the engine room 1400 baht.

Prices are from korat......

the camera goes at Pantip in Chiang Mai for not even 1000 Baht. Works perfect

True

Obviously not wired in correctly.

• Like 1

True

Obviously not wired in correctly.

That's what i was thinking as well.

That should not be>>> They should only activate when the gear is put into reverse mode. You have had a bad install.

Have perfect rear camera standard plus DVD on 2013 ISUZU D-Max "All-New" X-Series 4drs Highlander.

Coloured lines indicate exactly where shall nearly touch side(s) and rear when backing/turning in between cars (and next to curb).

Can rely fully on yellow(70cm) and red(10cm) lines for rear, plus green sidelines that extend 3m backwards. (When endpoint touch the curb, I make full turn and come right along the curb).

Would like to have camera at the front as well.

Or, wonder how beeps would work at the front.

Edited by Khunangkaro

Have perfect rear camera standard plus DVD on 2013 ISUZU D-Max "All-New" X-Series 4drs Highlander.

Coloured lines indicate exactly where shall nearly touch side(s) and rear when backing/turning in between cars (and next to curb).

Can rely fully on yellow(70cm) and red(10cm) lines for rear, plus green sidelines that extend 3m backwards. (When endpoint touch the curb, I make full turn and come right along the curb).

Would like to have camera at the front as well.

Or, wonder how beeps would work at the front.

I am about to have the beepers fitted to my new Fortuna sportivo. It has a camers for reversing but is wide angle and impossible to judge the distance from objects behind. I do not see any guide lines on the screen, should there be?