World War 2 veteran gets little over £30 a week pension!

165064_128427217220473_1825598_n.jpg?oh=

ICBP campaigner Anne Puckridge is again highlighted in the UK press in the run up to Remembrance Sunday in the UK. She has spoken to print, radio and television journalists in pursuit of exposing the truth about the impact of frozen pensions.
Not really that hard to believe...theres a thread already running about Frozen Pensions
  • Like 1

A pension pound paid to a pensioner living in the UK gets circulated in the UK, supporting the UK economy and creating UK jobs. Probably gets spent (and taxed) 4 or 5 times before it's dissipated.

A pension pound paid to a pensioner living elsewhere, doesn't. It just disappears. Gone.

So the actual "cost" of a pension pound sent overseas is a lot higher than the "cost" of a pension pound that stays in country.

If those were the rules in effect when the decision to move abroad was made, I don't see any blatant unfairness- though it does stink. But lots of rules suck for lots of different classes of people living non-linear lives.

If they changed the rules after the fact, that's not fair play.

Edited by impulse

Frozen pensions "We do not deserve to be treated so badly by the country we fought for"

News story here

All very wrong annoyed.gif

This is why those in the 'not retired yet' generation need to support the consortium now instead of waiting til they retire.

I can not see there being a state pension when I retire, I think this is why the government fetched in auto enrolment.

A pension pound paid to a pensioner living in the UK gets circulated in the UK, supporting the UK economy and creating UK jobs. Probably gets spent (and taxed) 4 or 5 times before it's dissipated.

A pension pound paid to a pensioner living elsewhere, doesn't. It just disappears. Gone.

So the actual "cost" of a pension pound sent overseas is a lot higher than the "cost" of a pension pound that stays in country.

If those were the rules in effect when the decision to move abroad was made, I don't see any blatant unfairness- though it does stink. But lots of rules suck for lots of different classes of people living non-linear lives.

If they changed the rules after the fact, that's not fair play.

But surely a UK pensioner living abroad is saving the UK money on a list of other benefits that may include doctors/hospital appointments/fees, winter fuel payments, pension credits, housing benefits, council tax reduction, travel concessions, free prescriptions, free tv licence (over 75's)

If you choose to retire abroad, upto you, stop all the other benefits which you shouldn't be allowed to claim for (Air Con allowance), including returning for free NHS treatments (which i believe they have done) but UK Government cough up and pay the UK pensioners their full state pension!

• Like 1

Frozen pensions "We do not deserve to be treated so badly by the country we fought for"

News story here

All very wrong annoyed.gif

This is why those in the 'not retired yet' generation need to support the consortium now instead of waiting til they retire.

I can not see there being a state pension when I retire, I think this is why the government fetched in auto enrolment.

If you've already paid your full compliment of NI for your generation I cannot see how they can refuse.

Mods: How about merging or closing this thread as we seem to have 2?