Most community leaders support impeachment cases: survey

Lite Beer

Most community leaders support impeachment cases: survey

BANGKOK: -- An opinion survey by Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association found that 54.1 per cent of community leaders support the impeachment process by the National Legislative Assembly against former Parliament president Somsak Kiartsuranon, his deputy, Nikom Wairatpanich, and former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

The survey was carried out among leaders of 601 communities nationwide on Friday and Saturday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Most-community-leaders-support-impeachment-cases-s-30247335.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-09

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they get away with this nonsense! no one (outside of Bangkok) believes it so why does the junta keep producing these bogus surveys?

A fair few on here believe it absolutely. "Against stupidity the gods themselves fail to contend."

• Like 2

Did they pose the question of, instead of impeachment, a 10 plus year prison term be mandated for any civil servant who abuses their position of leadership?

I often wonder who sponsers national questionaires that claim to have answered some question that is in the national eye but leave out a copy of the survey, how it was made, who did this survey, and finally who paid for same or it was done for free.

When you consider who is in the sample group, 54% is a very low level of support.

This group is usually up around the 93.3% mark for any and all subject matters.

(I'm also very curious as to where this Community Happiness Association mob is getting their funding from, though I do have my suspicions)

Edited by Robespiere

George Orwell and Aldous Huxley would have found a rich vein of material in the Thailand of 2014.

I believe Shakey would have re-written The Merchant of Venice - maybe re-titled 'Marooned on a Yellow Island' 555.

When you consider who is in the sample group, 54% is a very low level of support.

(I'm also very curious as to where this Community Happiness Association mob is getting their funding from, though I do have my suspicions)

Take a look at this page: http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

This company was started one week before the coup and the owner lists RTA as one of his employers on linked in!

• Like 2

Take a look at this page: http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

This company was started one week before the coup and the owner lists RTA as one of his employers on linked in!

No doubt a pure coincidence!!whistling.gif

Most people want politicians to be punished over rice-pledging scheme

BANGKOK: -- An opinion survey by the National Institute of Development Administration found that 61.15 per cent of the respondents wanted politicians in charge of the rice-pledging scheme to face both political and legal punishments.

The survey was carried out on Wednesday and Thursday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Most-people-want-politicians-to-be-punished-over-r-30247339.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-09

I can just imagine the red shirt poll "up country" and the response from a man behind a buffalo (because he is still to poor to buy a tractor) if he supports impeachment.

"What does impeachment mean"

When the majority reach 93% support for the Junta they are dismissed with comparisons to North Korea as it does not suit the 7%'ers agenda. Dismissing the majority.

When the majority (not a 43 "very small majority" like the 2010 elections mind you which ironically some have suggested is an overwhelming majority!) offer 54% support for impeachment they are dismissed by stating a belief that "no one outside Bangkok believes it". Dismissing the majority.

Under yingluck and 12 months ago when the majority (yes, yes, even the red shirts) suggested they were strongly against the amnesty bill they were dismissed because it did not suit the PTP agenda who went on to vote 310 - 0 for the amnesty bill. Dismissing the majority.

9 months ago when the majority suggested the rice scheme had no corruption in it they are heralded as gospel because it did suit the PTP agenda. Listening to the majority.

18 months ago when the polls suggested the amnesty would bring country wide reconciliation they are heralded as gospel because it did suit the PTP agenda. Listening to the majority.

So the comments are more agenda based from the results of the polls and that will decide if the polls (i.e. the majority) are to be respected. When it is 93% support they denounce because the % is just too high. When the % is low, but still a majority, evolved excuses beliefs come to the forte.

It seems some 7% supporters are such a confused bunch and are so bitter and unable to respect the majority they can no longer use facts anymore and fall back onto sarcasm and smart ass comments that remind me of the last gasps of a man drowning in the pool of accountability.

I pity them.

The majority have spoken and unlike the guy that can't swim I do respect that majority instead of making excuses to denounce them.

PS The rice scheme does have corruption in it.

PSS The amnesty bill did not bring reconciliation.

Edited by djjamie

I wonder if anyone takes surveys seriously here. Size of respondent group and who they were? Without the details; results of surveys are worthless.

I would have to argue with you here.

Any survey published and sent out via news is not worthless. In fact it is priceless as most people read the news and believe it to be fact. Hence swaying their opinions.

I wonder if anyone takes surveys seriously here. Size of respondent group and who they were? Without the details; results of surveys are worthless.

The guy who posted before you does. In fact anything that comes from the incumbents is considered gospel!

I can just imagine the red shirt poll "up country" and the response from a man behind a buffalo (because he is still to poor to buy a tractor) if he supports impeachment.

"What does impeachment mean"

When the majority reach 93% support for the Junta they are dismissed with comparisons to North Korea as it does not suit the 7%'ers agenda. Dismissing the majority.

When the majority (not a 43 "very small majority" like the 2010 elections mind you which ironically some have suggested is an overwhelming majority!) offer 54% support for impeachment they are dismissed by stating a belief that "no one outside Bangkok believes it". Dismissing the majority.

Under yingluck and 12 months ago when the majority (yes, yes, even the red shirts) suggested they were strongly against the amnesty bill they were dismissed because it did not suit the PTP agenda who went on to vote 310 - 0 for the amnesty bill. Dismissing the majority.

9 months ago when the majority suggested the rice scheme had no corruption in it they are heralded as gospel because it did suit the PTP agenda. Listening to the majority.

18 months ago when the polls suggested the amnesty would bring country wide reconciliation they are heralded as gospel because it did suit the PTP agenda. Listening to the majority.

So the comments are more agenda based from the results of the polls and that will decide if the polls (i.e. the majority) are to be respected. When it is 93% support they denounce because the % is just too high. When the % is low, but still a majority, evolved excuses beliefs come to the forte.

It seems some 7% supporters are such a confused bunch and are so bitter and unable to respect the majority they can no longer use facts anymore and fall back onto sarcasm and smart ass comments that remind me of the last gasps of a man drowning in the pool of accountability.

I pity them.

The majority have spoken and unlike the guy that can't swim I do respect that majority instead of making excuses to denounce them.

PS The rice scheme does have corruption in it.

PSS The amnesty bill did not bring reconciliation.

djjamie, don't waste your time with the 'soot brigade', which is coming out 'en force' lately on every topic they(?) consider fit to, ab absurdum, prove us they are the pot(s) calling the kettles(s) black, what we had no doubt about anyway, but leave them alone at it, don't do them the favour, don't react, please, just skip it, like others here not sharing their 'personal opinions' seem to have done on this topic. (N.B.: IMO, these numerous recent polls, whose validity and results are admissibly quite questionable, as much as the ones set up before to inflate Yingluck and her team's 'popularity' were, don't seem to be worth breaking a lance for anyway)

Edited by bangrak

The people that should be punished are the government officials that were required to monitor the rice deposits. Along with the people that profited illegally from the scheme.

The above headlines and the statistics from "community leaders" have no real value in opinion as they are harvested from a biases group.

The thing I don’t get is why is there this camouflage to promote hatred? Why not prosecute?

To just say it was the politicians is a scandal? The fact of the matter is that there were a number of people involved and these are the real culprits.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How do they get away with this nonsense! no one (outside of Bangkok) believes it so why does the junta keep producing these bogus surveys?

A fair few on here believe it absolutely. "Against stupidity the gods themselves fail to contend."

Well robespiere I guess this is like when yingluck, against all data produced by her own government which said food pieces / daily stapes etc were rising strongly the lady said publically, 'prices have not gone up, it's all in your mind'.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The people that should be punished are the government officials that were required to monitor the rice deposits. Along with the people that profited illegally from the scheme.

The above headlines and the statistics from "community leaders" have no real value in opinion as they are harvested from a biases group.

The thing I don’t get is why is there this camouflage to promote hatred? Why not prosecute?

To just say it was the politicians is a scandal? The fact of the matter is that there were a number of people involved and these are the real culprits.

And they should all be punished!

Edited by scorecard

The problem is, that some of those culprits are proudly wearing their yellow shirt and are classified as "the good people"!!

The problem is, that some of those culprits are proudly wearing their yellow shirt and are classified as "the good people"!!

Of course.. yellow are the good people the winner, they out thought and outmaneuvered the criminal from Dubai. However those that were involved should should be punished.