Did my ears deceive me, entrance fee to new Waterpark Na Nomtien

dotpoom

Took the family last month, wife, 2 kids, 5K baht for entrance fee. 80% complete, the place was mobbed, mostly Thais. The kids absolutely loved it, the Cartoon Network area and the "Wave" area. My youngest cut her foot on some poorly finished concrete, I went with my son on one of the tubes and came off with blood running down my arm and we were both attended by the medical staff on site who seemed to be overworked addressing injuries.

But the real surprise was when the wife went to buy a burger and coke for the kids......................coke 60 baht a cup and a burger..........................380 baht with a few fries thrown in, a tad expensive!!!

A one - off visit for me, won't be going back.

What a crazy place this sounds SOOOOOOOOO!!!! expensive, how can it survive? I will give it a very wide berth when I am in the area with my family, my son loves a pool. but not at that cost.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price in Europe's largest Water Park - Alpamare, Switzerland - Fr. 47.70 for a day, adult. ฿1618.- , nearly the same price. http://www.alpamare.ch/?lang=en

As everyone knows, Switzerland is one of the cheapest countries in the world.

Tell them to get stuffed, drive to a nice beach.

Alpamare is a small "waterpark" with approx 50% of it indoor - I have trouble calling it a park because it's so small.

I don't know where you took it's Europe's biggest, but it's probably the most expensive!

(and it's not even good)

And the price is 54.95 for a day on weekends, or 42.95 for 4 hours, 35 CHF for children.

Edited by manarak

Price in Europe's largest Water Park - Alpamare, Switzerland - Fr. 47.70 for a day, adult. ฿1618.- , nearly the same price. http://www.alpamare.ch/?lang=en

Alpamare is a small indoor "waterpark" - I have trouble calling it a park because it's so small.

I don't know where you took it's Europe's biggest, but it's probably the most expensive!

(and it's not even good too)

It is indeed, Europe's biggest INDOOR park, sorry about that. I went a few times and enjoyed it. I was earning ฿2200.- / hour at the time.

Took the family last month, wife, 2 kids, 5K baht for entrance fee. 80% complete, the place was mobbed, mostly Thais. The kids absolutely loved it, the Cartoon Network area and the "Wave" area. My youngest cut her foot on some poorly finished concrete, I went with my son on one of the tubes and came off with blood running down my arm and we were both attended by the medical staff on site who seemed to be overworked addressing injuries.

But the real surprise was when the wife went to buy a burger and coke for the kids......................coke 60 baht a cup and a burger..........................380 baht with a few fries thrown in, a tad expensive!!!

Is there a restriction on bringing your food or packing a picnic basket? Is there an area for just sitting around and relaxing while others play and have fun?

Alpamare is a small indoor "waterpark" - I have trouble calling it a park because it's so small.

(and it's not even good too)

It is indeed, Europe's biggest INDOOR park, sorry about that. I went a few times and enjoyed it. I was earning ฿2200.- / hour at the time.

it isn't that either.

this is the world's largest indoor waterpark (in Germany):

http://www.tropical-islands.de/

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/culture/travel/tropical-islands-resort-worlds-largest-indoor-water-park/

comes compleat with a Thai temple !

You could have check for prices on Internet before you go wink.png

http://cartoonnetworkamazone.com/en/index.php/one_day_ticket

table_ticket.png

Need to add the bit underneath.

**To qualify for Thai Residents rate - Thai citizenship & Thai Residency (Expats with work permits, "O" type visas, Student Visas, Diplomatic Visas are eligible) Please note Tourist Visas are not applicable.

Let's see...

Did a google search and seems that the largest water park in the USA is a place called Naoh's Ark

http://www.fodors.com/news/photos/10-best-water-parks-in-the-us#!1-intro

Cost of standard Seasons pass (unlimited days in 2015)... USD 49.99. ... Which seems to be less than a single entry ticket here

https://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/things-to-do/tickets-and-passes?mobile_switch=standard

2. Verruckt, the tallest water slide in the world is scheduled to open this summer at Schlitterbah Kansas City Waterpark....

Season pass.. USD 130 (about 4,000 thb) or usd 90 (under 3,000 Thb) if 3-11 years old

At Cartoon Network in Pattaya...

Day pass

Thb 1590 for tourist

Thb 1290 for adult resident

Thb 1190 for tourist child 3-12

Thb 890 for resident child 3-12

Season pass

Silver... 6000 kids/7000 adults, but useless as excludes all weekends and holidays

Gold... A bit better.. Excludes all holidays and the month of Apr... But most other weekends..9,990 kids/10,990 thb

Platinum... All days.. 11990 kids/ 12990 adults

So difficult to check on day ticket prices because most is waterparks are closed for winter...

But seems season ticket prices are about double or triple the cost of parks in USA

Although to be fair... Most US parks in the north are only open about 4-5 months a year

Although they also offer Family ticket .. 2 adults and 2 kids... Which seem a bit more reasonably prices for season pass

Gold... 22,990

Platinum... 30,990

Edited by CWMcMurray

Your mind deceived you when you thought there would be no entrance fee.

Please do tell me where I said that...try harder not to be ridicules. Read my OP again about supporting new projects...If I thought it was going to be free I wouldn't consider that being of much support.

Edited by dotpoom

given the rides listed and if everything is all inclusive, it doesnt seem like that much of a reach to me but then 1 brilliant day out with my kid is priceless.

Problem is many of the "rides" are not fully operational yet...............T I T whistling.gif

yeah do these jokers even have copyright to use of these cartoon characters? is this another copy job than they ask 1500 admission while they skirt copyright issues? if so I think everyone should just jump the fence...

It's a valid licensing agreement.

• Like 1

Sounds like the food concession is being run by the same people who run the concessions at BKK airport. Ridiculous prices.

Sorry I can't see middlle class Thais coming to this park and pay thousands of baht. I think Thais get in cheaper than the official rates of 1290.

Could that be why the queue to get in is so long - they have to tell every Thai going through the gate not to tell the Farangs that they don't have to pay 1290 Baht?

Maybe there is a secret Thai handshake they can use to get big big

discounts on the ticket price...

Sorry I can't see middlle class Thais coming to this park and pay thousands of baht. I think Thais get in cheaper than the official rates of 1290.

We were at Crystal Design Center a few months ago on a Saturday night. It was packed. Couldn't even find a place to park. Every restaurant was packed. The Singha restaurant had a line out the door. The food is quite expensive there...err...very expensive. The Thai middle class is coming on strong.

• Like 1

I also think this attraction is oriented towards the growing Thai middle class. This area is now packed with people from Bangkok on the weekends. They've got money and spend it. Silverlake is absolutely packed on the weekends with Thai families, paying money just to take a tour of the vineyards.

Indeed. The only real question is why they do it? It's a mystery to me.

If I lived near Bang Saray and was a dedicated swimmer then I would probably get one of the cheapest annual tickets (weekdays only) to the water park and would probably get good value from it. But I cant see myself ever paying to go to Silverlake, especially when it's busy. Mimosa is another example.

Isn't Silverlake free?...When Mimosa first opened it was 50 Bahe to go in. Myself and she who must be obeyed went about one or two times every week...fantastic value. The show was only and hour long but they put real vitality and energy into the dancing (not trancelike as in Thai traditional dancing) You could stay and watch all three shows for that price and the costumes were on a par with a Hollywood musical. I used to love looking at my wife's face while she gazed in awe at the whole event. Last I know it was 150 Baht, still fantastic value and of course you have the whole made up village to walk around.

They don't.

Worth note, discount tickets are available at travel fairs

Silverlake charges money if you want to go past a certain point and walk out towards the vineyards. You get into a cart and they drive you around.

Indeed correct Craig, completely forgot about that, did it on one occasion. Now when we go we just buy the lovely grape drink (the non-alcoholic one) and view the lake and flowers......and the people.

Is there a restriction on bringing your food or packing a picnic basket? Is there an area for just sitting around and relaxing while others play and have fun?

All bags are searched on entry, my daughter had a small bottle of water in her hand and was told to dispose of it before we could enter.

When I asked security why they were searching our bags, they stated, no food or drink to be taken into the park.

There are lounge beds all over the park, they also had tents which were available for rent.

All bags are searched on entry, my daughter had a small bottle of water in her hand and was told to dispose of it before we could enter.

When I asked security why they were searching our bags, they stated, no food or drink to be taken into the park.

There are lounge beds all over the park, they also had tents which were available for rent.

Considering the high price of tickets you should not be searched for food and water.

to have every last Baht extracted out of you...

• Like 1

We've got a few friends who've been recently and they were both very happy. The kids had a blast. It's not cheap though.

I still remember my first trip to Disneyland over 50 years ago, how does one put a price on a lifetime of family memories.

Maybe more people would have family memories to treasure if they charged 50%

less...

After you include the ticket price and all the extras the cost really start to add up

for a family....

Indeed, but "ThaiBob", likes to defend most rip offs including last months topic on "rip off real estate fees". "whining farangs" was his reply.

Cost breakdown for a one day visit

Cost of tickets 1290-1590 Baht

Have your bags searched to make sure you do not bring food or drink in the park

Cost of Coke 60 Baht

Cost of Hamburger 380 Baht

Cost of locker 300 Baht

Cost of tent rental at the park ?? Just read the cabanas are 1000 Baht rental with not to many free umbrellas available...

Cost of transport ??

2 tickets one farang one Thai,one locker,2 hamburgers,4 cokes = 4180 Baht excluding transport

with transport and a few other snacks you could crack 5000 Baht (161 Dollars)

with out to much problem for one day at the park..

For every kid your looking at almost another 1,000 Baht for a ticket plus a bunch

of expensive junk food...

• Like 1

It is often said expats don't get to vote in Thailand. Well, vote with your $£¥ and don't patronise the place of you feel it is not value for your money. Ditto any other businesses that do not meet your own value for money benchmark.

Simple.

A good post and it is quite simple as you say. I stopped going to the Oriental and Dusit Thani buffets in Bangkok because I felt they no longer offered a good value. They are still popular by the way but I didn't whine, cry, sniffle, etc.; I took my business elsewhere. I drive a Toyota and not a Mercedes, life is full of choices. If people think this new water park is a ripoff don't go, only time will tell if there pricing strategy works. Take your family to Pattaya Park for example and make your own family memories.

Simple.

• Like 2

My four year old daughter was really looking forward to the opening of this

cartoon park, but with their insane pricing I will have to give it a pass. Pattaya Park

with its 100 baht entrance fee, free sitting areas, and the ability to bring in

as much of your own food as you wish, is looking like the deal of the century

by comparison.

It's for the Russians.....I've lived in Bangsaray for 25 years and I wouldn't pay them over 200 Baht for something like that!!!

indeed you wouldn't but then nobody is asking you to, nobody wants you too, nobody cares.