Change in Nongkhai

I have just returned from trying to extend my retirement visa. New form required to sign saying that we will put in and show in the bank 65000 minimum transfered monthly. They said next year will NOT accept embassy papers notorizing income.

I wonder if would can just put and keep 800,000 in a thai bank instead of transferring each month. Any one have news on this?

Boun

Yours is the 2nd report of Nong Kai making up their own rules again wanting people to show the 65K baht coming in every month.

You could put 800k baht in the bank 3 months before you apply for your extension. Then get a letter from your bank confirming the balance.

My reading of the OP is that what is new in Nong Khai is that the immigration office wants to see evidence of remittances from abroad for not less than 65k Baht credited to your Thai Bank account every single month.

The relevant Police orders only require evidence of เงินได้ (income), not evidence of money remitted to Thailand.

This new requirement introduced in Nong Khai is what, for lack of a better word, I call an aberration, by which I mean a blatant disregard for the rules due to ignorance, incompetence, abuse of authority, etc. Somebody should report this to the Commander of Immigration Division 4 who, if this web page of the website of the Immigration Bureau is up-to-date, currently is Police Maj.Gen. Chatchai Ieamsang.

New form required to sign saying that we will put in and show in the bank 65000 minimum transfered monthly.

Do you have a copy of that form? If not, can somebody going to the Nong Khai immigration office get a copy, scan and post it?

(General rule: never sign a document if you are not allowed to keep a copy of it for your records)