British police examining Koh Tao murder probe to return to UK

webfact

Sorry, but I would disagree.

I would think the CIA would be a major player in the hosting of the British Police.

I think the RTP would have kept as far away as possible.

The movement and meetings of the British were kept very quite and secretive.

Three official Police on the Visit, but I am sure they were and will be assisted by "members" of the Embassy security Personnel.

So The Head of the CIB ( CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT) would have had no dealings with one of the biggest crime stories ( Koh Tao) to hit Thailand in recent years?....makes sense if you want to think like you do

Could someone please show me any connection to the 2 men named above to the investigation in Koh Tao?

-AFAIK totally unrelated but I am willing to be corrected

The UK police team of 3? where only in Koh Tao for a few days then to Bangkok where it is known and recorded that they had various conferences with the Bkk police. Its more than a feasible suggestion that they met or talked to these guys.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

From Wikipedia

Central Investigation Bureau - national coordinating headquarters which assist provincial and metropolitan components in preventing and suppressing criminal activity and in minimizing threats to national security. Having jurisdiction over the entire country, the CIB was organized to assist both provincial and metropolitan components of the Royal Thai Police in preventing and suppressing criminal activity and in minimizing threats to national security.

What are you trying to say ?

The CIB had no part in the investigation in Koh Tao.

Source on that? apart from their job descriptions or is that speculation

• Like 1

BANGKOK — The Scotland Yard has wrapped up its investigation into the murder of two British backpackers on Thailand's southern island of Koh Tao.

A representative of the British detective team met with Thailand’s chief of police today before leaving for the United Kingdom where he will brief the families of the two murder victims on the investigation.

The UK detective thanked Thai authorities for their cooperation, said Pol.Lt.Gen. Prawut Thawornsiri, assistant to police chief Somyot Phumpanmuang.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cib-police-commissioner-deputy-abruptly-transferred/

The Royal Thai Police commissioner ordered an immediate transfer of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) commissioner and his deputy to the Royal Thai Police, effective Tuesday.

No reason was given in the lightning transfer of the CIB commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat Chayaphan, and CIB deputy commissioner Pol Maj- Gen Kowit Pongrungroj by the Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumpanmuang.

Edited by StealthEnergiser
  • Like 2

SNAP!

BANGKOK — The Scotland Yard has wrapped up its investigation into the murder of two British backpackers on Thailand's southern island of Koh Tao.

A representative of the British detective team met with Thailand’s chief of police today before leaving for the United Kingdom where he will brief the families of the two murder victims on the investigation.

The UK detective thanked Thai authorities for their cooperation, said Pol.Lt.Gen. Prawut Thawornsiri, assistant to police chief Somyot Phumpanmuang.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cib-police-commissioner-deputy-abruptly-transferred/

The Royal Thai Police commissioner ordered an immediate transfer of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) commissioner and his deputy to the Royal Thai Police, effective Tuesday.

No reason was given in the lightning transfer of the CIB commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat Chayaphan, and CIB deputy commissioner Pol Maj- Gen Kowit Pongrungroj by the Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumpanmuang.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I would disagree.

I would think the CIA would be a major player in the hosting of the British Police.

I think the RTP would have kept as far away as possible.

The movement and meetings of the British were kept very quite and secretive.

Three official Police on the Visit, but I am sure they were and will be assisted by "members" of the Embassy security Personnel.

So The Head of the CIB ( CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT) would have had no dealings with one of the biggest crime stories ( Koh Tao) to hit Thailand in recent years?....makes sense if you want to think like you do

Could someone please show me any connection to the 2 men named above to the investigation in Koh Tao?

-AFAIK totally unrelated but I am willing to be corrected

The UK police team of 3? where only in Koh Tao for a few days then to Bangkok where it is known and recorded that they had various conferences with the Bkk police. Its more than a feasible suggestion that they met or talked to these guys.

Feel free to show us all a single link showing any connection between the CIB and the investigation on Koh Tao.

(a hint - you will not find one)

Find me a single link , showing me the Burmese murdered Hanna or David....NONE

Do you think all Thai Police Departments broadcast daily to the world?

Only the corrupt, incompetent ones do that.

Feel free to show us all a single link showing any connection between the CIB and the investigation on Koh Tao.

• Like 2

Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2779106/Thai-police-confirm-DNA-samples-taken-Koh-Tao-murder-victims-match-two-Burmese-workers-confessed-killing-British-pair.html

I can give you 20 more links

Edited by jdinasia

As said if you wish to believe that senior members of the CIB had no knowledge of the Koh Tao investigation my opinion of you has got even lower if that was possible.

If the CIB did not look into that investigation, maybe that\s the reason these two gentlemen have effectively been sacked today.Because as PM I would want to know what I was paying the CIB for!

Edited by BoristheBlade

Are you serious?

The reenactment was a public embarrassment for Thailand, even the senior Police looked bemused, and they were the story tellers.

Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2779106/Thai-police-confirm-DNA-samples-taken-Koh-Tao-murder-victims-match-two-Burmese-workers-confessed-killing-British-pair.html

As said if you wish to believe that senior members of the CIA had no knowledge of the Koh Tao investigation my opinion of you has got even lower if that was possible.

If the CIA did not look into that investigation, maybe that\s the reason these two gentlemen have effectively been sacked today.Because as PM I would want to know what I was paying the CIA for!

CIB.

Waiting on a link for ANY association between the CIB and the investigation on Koh Tao.

Daily mail

Interesting you give a link to the Daily Mail that is banned and blocked in Thailand. I've no need for any further links however just pointing this out

Are you serious?

The reenactment was a public embarrassment for Thailand, even the senior Police looked bemused, and they were the story tellers.

Daily mail

You asked for and was provided with a link. I am still waiting.

As said if you wish to believe that senior members of the CIA had no knowledge of the Koh Tao investigation my opinion of you has got even lower if that was possible.

If the CIA did not look into that investigation, maybe that\s the reason these two gentlemen have effectively been sacked today.Because as PM I would want to know what I was paying the CIA for!

CIB.

Waiting on a link for ANY association between the CIB and the investigation on Koh Tao.

Yes we're doing the same, waiting for any link from you to say they were not............

Daily mail

Interesting you give a link to the Daily Mail that is banned and blocked in Thailand. I've no need for any further links however just pointing this out

That link was not blocked by AIS in Thailand

CIB.

Yes we're doing the same, waiting for any link from you to say they were not............

It is impossible to prove a negative. If either man was associated with the investigation you should be able to prove it

As you have very correctly said JD, This is Thailand and the British can't affect the Thai judicial system in any way.

But as the saying goes "there are many ways to skin a cat."

There will be many sleepless nights in the coming weeks and months for some very senior people in this country.

I hope all their affairs are in good order, because I expect a lot of "revelations" will be revealed for the public to digest.

Look at some of the revelations made today in the Bangkok Post,,,,a very wealth policeman indeed.

SNAP!

I don't believe in coincidences. Here's my take on it. The Brits debriefed Somyot, revealed evidence of drugs being freely available on Koh Tao without anyone in authority doing anything about it. Bad for Thailand's image as a safe tourist haven, especially when the murders have hit all the front page news for weeks. Who's responsible for detecting and eliminating crime - the CIB.

Somyot is no fool. He must be seen to take immediate, corrective action.

Which takes the heat off the fate of the B2, and places the heat on the Koh Tao mafia. More than one way to skin a cat, methinks. Or it might be just a ruse to eliminate anyone that wants to change how the RTP investigations work. Pongpat and his deputy are the fall-guys.

Edited by stephen terry

I read on Thai visa that the UK police had already returned, there's some crap go's on, with some people on this site, putting all that aside, let's hope that we can hear something new from their report, instead of half the crap we hear already, and without a lot of the Facebook shit that people spread

The facebook shit as you put it is more credible than anything on here. To post on the facebook shit you need to have your real name. Here you can be anything you want.

What a croc of shit, you don't need to have a real name to post on face book, my friends 10 year old son is on face book says hes 16 and uses another name, all you need is an email address, see that's face book shit for you there

Please expand on what rumours you have read on Facebook. If your referring to CSI La all I can see is a series of interpretations based on information made known to the public by RTP. Interpretations which have been well received by many including resident Thais.

Judging from your ability to construct a sentence I can see how that may be incomprehensible to you. Rest assured you are not the only one.

Evidence convicts people, not here say, and there is a lot of hear say, I am still waiting for the explanation on the DNA which will convict them, be assured of that. And there are lots of things that are said that have not come from the TRP. And regards to constructing a sentence, it is how you read it not how you say it. and be assured people like you to are not alone

The Daily Mail web site is on the black list of the NCO.....a Less Majeste incident I believe

And yet JD is giving links to the said black listed web site....well I say...Not good old boy.

Talk to AIS

Still waiting on any link for a connection between the two CIB officers and the Koh Tao case.

The Daily Mail web site is on the black list of the NCO.....a Less Majeste incident I believe

And yet JD is giving links to the said black listed web site....well I say...Not good old boy.

Talk to AIS

Still waiting on any link for a connection between the two CIB officers and the Koh Tao case.

I think you would have to ask the question why these guys were immediately transferred after the Brits had debriefed Somyot. It does appear to me that these senior guys had fouled up something big - cause and effect, don't you think? I don't see anything else in the news that would have required Somyot to take such swift action. If you can provide a link to other possible reasons, I'll think again.

As I said before, I don't believe in coincidences. ACD quote: Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. While not exactly related, it does illustrate that absolute 'links' are not necessary to arrive at the probability that the two events are indeed linked.

• Like 2

Many other conspiracy theories are possible.

I am sure you are aware that you are quoting a fictional character.

It is far from being sound thinking. Once you eliminate the impossible you can have many possible other things that remain.

Edited by jdinasia

Many other conspiracy theories are possible.

I am sure you are aware that you are quoting a fictional character.

It is far from being sound thinking. Once you eliminate the impossible you can have many possible other things that remain.

Okay, provide me with one that can be plausible, and that fits the immediate transfer.