Extend Tourist Visa at Immigration with Marriage Cert?

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife at your local immigration office. Your wife needs to go with you.

You will need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), copy of your wife's house book and ID card.

It is possible to do a change of visa status from a tourist visa entry to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration. You will need proof of 400k baht in the bank or proof of 40K baht income plus all the documents, photos and etc needed for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Then after about 60 days after doing the change you can apply for a one year extension of stay at your local immigration office. The money will need to be in the bank for 60 days when you apply.

• Like 1

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

I think I read on another post (can't find it now ) that may kill my plan. I have a Nonim O-to be with Thai spouse issued from USA. I plan to go to Hua Hinn immigration and apply for extension of 1 year. 1. will local offices still accommodate? 2. what documents do I need and/or 3. is it advisable to go to the local office in advance and ask them what they want? Thanks

I think I read on another post (can't find it now ) that may kill my plan. I have a Nonim O-to be with Thai spouse issued from USA. I plan to go to Hua Hinn immigration and apply for extension of 1 year. 1. will local offices still accommodate? 2. what documents do I need and/or 3. is it advisable to go to the local office in advance and ask them what they want? Thanks

Paperwork:

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months, even if marriage certificate is under 6 months old)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration (first page showing address and the page showing her details)

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport (all pages with stamps), non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai and GPS coordinates)

10. 3 Pictures, one showing you outside the house with wife and house number visible, One in bedroom, One showing time relaxing.

11. Copy house book from residence (signed by owner and a signed copy of their ID Card, as this may not be the wife in some cases) or rental contract.

12: Copy of the letter from the MFA showing you were able to marry

With money in bank option.

1. Letters from your bank same day or day before stating bank records, and a transaction list for the past two months.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit (All stamped pages)

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt (PND.91) with receipt showing it has been paid

3: Copy of Company documents stamped and signed, Documents must be under 6 months old.

4: Letter of employment, stating location of employment, role and renumeration.

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

You can apply for the extension at Hua Hin immigration since you already have a non-o visa.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

You will will need 2 completedTM7 application forms with attached 4cm X 6cm photos.

Two copies of all the following.

You marriage certificate and recently updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Your wife's house book and ID card.

Bank letter and copies of updated bank book. Or letter from your embassy proving income.

Map to your house.

Copies of your passport and TM6 departure card. (check with office)

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house One must show you together under or next to the house number. (check with local office)

Proof of residence if you living where your wife's house book is for.

I suggest you check with the your immigration office to confirm what they want.

• 3 weeks later...

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife at your local immigration office. Your wife needs to go with you.

You will need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), copy of your wife's house book and ID card.

It is possible to do a change of visa status from a tourist visa entry to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration. You will need proof of 400k baht in the bank or proof of 40K baht income plus all the documents, photos and etc needed for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Then after about 60 days after doing the change you can apply for a one year extension of stay at your local immigration office. The money will need to be in the bank for 60 days when you apply.

Ubonjoe,

Sorry to hijack this but i having been searching along similar lines to the original poster.

I am a UK citizen with a Triple Entry Tourist Visa, i entered Thailand in October, and am due to go to Chiang Mai Immigration 12th December to extend for 30 days for 1900 Baht.

Am i reading the above correctly that i can get a 60 Day extension, as i have recently married?

Just take marriage certificate, plus copy, plus copies of house book and wife's id card?

Thanks

Ubonjoe,

Sorry to hijack this but i having been searching along similar lines to the original poster.

I am a UK citizen with a Triple Entry Tourist Visa, i entered Thailand in October, and am due to go to Chiang Mai Immigration 12th December to extend for 30 days for 1900 Baht.

Am i reading the above correctly that i can get a 60 Day extension, as i have recently married?

Just take marriage certificate, plus copy, plus copies of house book and wife's id card?

Thanks

Yes but your wife needs to go with you also.

The only problem is that with the 3 entry tourist visa is that is will not lengthen your total stay from it. You will still need to do the 3rd entry before the enter before date on you visa.