webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sensing a huge SNAFU coming our way.. Better stock up some cash wink.png

May I suggest doing a balance check, with proof, or an electronic passbook update before the fun starts ?

From what I've seen and heard it's not fun to have a dispute with a Thai bank who seem to operate the old fairground rule of ' fallen darts not returned ' so any documentary evidence might help if the event of something going wrong.

Its' the ATM system being updated not individual bank systems.

"From what I've seen and heard ..."

Condescending twaddle and totally in your fertile (or related bucolic term) imagination. In the past 15 years I've had the occasional issue with a bank back in the US and absolutely no problems with a Thai bank.

No apologies for not fitting into the mold of the ideal poster in your ideal world but i have had problems with Thai banks as have a couple of friends.

Your insult was wasted as you don't know what you are talking about as it seems if it doesn't happen to you it doesn't happen. Grow Up.

• Like 1

so if you want to access your foreign bank account for funds you are screwed, probably for the next two weeks.

Not at all. Just take your card and passport into the bank and they will do the transaction with NO charges.

they do that for a credit card, not for a foreign ATM card.

It said midnight on 14th until 2am on 15th (26 hours) if using an ATM of a different kind to that of your card.

Where did it mention the times for ALL ATMs? May have missed it.

Here on planet earth in the Kingdom of Thailand there will be a nation wide shut down of ATMs for a period of two hours from midnight on 14th Friday to 2am on 15th Saturday = 2 hours.

Are you on another time system?

Kev is correct. I am sure they meant to say midnight on the 15th until 02:00 on the 15th.

May I suggest doing a balance check, with proof, or an electronic passbook update before the fun starts ?

From what I've seen and heard it's not fun to have a dispute with a Thai bank who seem to operate the old fairground rule of ' fallen darts not returned ' so any documentary evidence might help if the event of something going wrong.

Better yet... right before the cut off, withdraw all your cash from various ATMs. Then go to the bank later & complain that a malfunction emptied your bank account. Free payday! :-)

LMAO what a bunch of knuckleheads you guys need to stop drinking leo your brain is melting. Rule one buy safe get out extra cash stash in safe .

perhaps you could be a little less insulting. There are reasons why some of us can't do that, i for one have reached the limit of my overdraft on my German account due to a family emergency and have to wait until the end of the month until my pension is paid into my account. I just hope that they get things sorted by then but i am not holding my breath.

It said midnight on 14th until 2am on 15th (26 hours) if using an ATM of a different kind to that of your card.

Here on planet earth in the Kingdom of Thailand there will be a nation wide shut down of ATMs for a period of two hours from midnight on 14th Friday to 2am on 15th Saturday = 2 hours.

Kev is correct. I am sure they meant to say midnight on the 15th until 02:00 on the 15th.

I believe we are in fact both correct, as the term midnight is open to interpretation. However, the inconvenience will last 2 hours not 26.

I believe we are in fact both correct, as the term midnight is open to interpretation. However, the inconvenience will last 2 hours not 26.

your words in Gods ear

I hope you don't regret typing those words ;)

Sensing a huge SNAFU coming our way.. Better stock up some cash wink.png

I don't think there is any need for you to start suggesting to the gullible that Thai banks are going to be robbing their customers money.

Surely you jest? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifwhistling.gifwai.gif

• Like 1

I believe that you are correct about the timeline....midnight is the start of the day, not the end. I cannot imagine that a planned event like this would be scheduled to last 26 hours. The article got the timeline wrong, big surprise there, given the fear-mongering, misleading headline.

I also believe that you are wrong about "nation wide shut down of ATMs"...you need to read the article, not the headline.

The article, once you get into the guts of it, clearly states that it is interbank ATM transactions that will be affected...e.g. you are withdrawing funds from a different bank than that whose ATM you are using.

What a surprise...the scare-mongering news media gets it wrong again.

The headline is very misleading.

Except it isn't the news media. It is an official release of the Public Relations Department, otherwise known as the official government news agency, and completely under the control and responsibility of the prime minister of Thailand, General Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

The headline and story are very misleading. But that's why we have a government and martial law.

• Like 1