Retirement Extension now requires Residence Form

A report of a recent trip to Phuket Immigration has revealed a new form required along with the previously required forms and copies. A Residence form that is different from the Residence form required of a Drivers License. The new form is a TM 20 I believe. Where it used to take about an hour to get your extension has now turned into an all day affair at the Phuket Town office. Is this new form required in other areas of Thailand? Can anyone confirm this new procedure? Also heard there is a new 90 day reporting form as well. Do you think they try to make it more onerous on expats just for fun?

I presume the OP is referring to the required address reporting by the landlord.

No, this is a new requirement for the applicant applying for the Retirement Extension. In 5 years here thus far, I have never had to submit a Residence Form of any kind. This is a new requirement relayed by a recent applicant in Phuket.

I found out this person is a home owner. I am now wondering if that is why she needed some residence form ( she said #20, but ???). Still curious to know if anyone else getting an extension recently has had to furnish something new in the way of documents. It would be nice to be prepared.

Got my annual retirement extension exactly three days ago and there was no form required for residence at all. Maybe it depends on the jurisdiction and the immigration officer the time of day and etc, as is the case with so many things in Thailand. The Missus was asked for a "donation" but she declined the offer. She said to me on the way home the fellow was only doing his job and didn't deserve a tip for doing it.

I agree with her.

• Like 1

Take a copy of ther back side of your driving licence, that's proof of your address, works for me every time!

I have a feeling that your are more than a little confused and you did not get your driving licence accepted by the Phuket immigration office in lieu of the form TM.30 "Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay"

• Like 1

Do you think they try to make it more onerous on expats just for fun?

No, they are making it more onerous for ex-pats so we will be driven to use agents who share the fee. They're feeling the pinch, what with the army, supposedly, breathing down their necks coffee1.gif

You don't believe two out the just four officers dealing with long term visas are clogged up with processing multiple visas brought in by said agents, out of the goodness of their hearts, do you? huh.png

Edited by jpeg

I did my retirement visa extension two weeks ago in Isaan, i didn't need to fill in a residents form,although maybe they did that for me, the trainee wanted to see my yellow book, filed in a few of the normal forms and asked for a 200 Baht tip. What was new was that even though i showed prove of sufficient monthly income,ie. my pension statement verified by the embassy, they wanted a Thai bank book statement. When i asked why and what would happen if i didn't have a Thai bank account i was told that in that case i would have to open one even if the balance only showed 1000 Baht. They also required a photograph 2 inches by 2 inches and no longer accepted the usual passport photo which they had done before. The usual 500 Baht ''tip'' to get my extension on top of the 1,900 Baht fee.

I did my retirement visa extension two weeks ago in Isaan, i didn't need to fill in a residents form,although maybe they did that for me, the trainee wanted to see my yellow book, filed in a few of the normal forms and asked for a 200 Baht tip. What was new was that even though i showed prove of sufficient monthly income,ie. my pension statement verified by the embassy, they wanted a Thai bank book statement. When i asked why and what would happen if i didn't have a Thai bank account i was told that in that case i would have to open one even if the balance only showed 1000 Baht. They also required a photograph 2 inches by 2 inches and no longer accepted the usual passport photo which they had done before. The usual 500 Baht ''tip'' to get my extension on top of the 1,900 Baht fee.

What immigration office ?

Chong Jom

No, they are making it more onerous for ex-pats so we will be driven to use agents who share the fee. They're feeling the pinch, what with the army, supposedly, breathing down their necks coffee1.gif

You don't believe two out the just four officers dealing with long term visas are clogged up with processing multiple visas brought in by said agents, out of the goodness of their hearts, do you? huh.png

Do you have verified evidence of this or just blowing smoke

Not hard to believe, It is know that many people use agents and that "tips" are accepted of even solicited by some officers.

• Like 1

Chong Jom

No immigration office at Chong Jom thats a border crossing. You must mean Kap Choeng.

Chong Jom

No immigration office at Chong Jom thats a border crossing. You must mean Kap Choeng.

correct, my bad

• Like 1

Chong Jom

by the way as additional info, be prepared to have time on your hands, instead of the usual 15 minuets to half an hour i was at Kap Choen for 3 hours, although i did have to transfer an extension from my old passport to a new one at the same time as getting the new extension, i met a Swiss guy doing the same as me and he had been there all day before he was successful. I had only my bank card with me and so had to go to the nearest Bangkok bank branch to have a statement printed out, 200 Baht, and have 2 inch photos made,another 200 Baht, altogether it was a long and expensive day.

Verifiable evidence. Hmmm. What exactly do you mean by 'verifiable'? You are aware of the draconian defamation laws here, are you not? What would you accept as 'verifiable'? A sworn statement from an Imm Officer? A photo op of aforesaid and agents changing hands biggrin.png

I have 18 years of experiential and verbal evidence which of course renders that which I have stated up to you and whatever common sense you may have. I personally could not a toss give. You just carry on deluding yourself that Thai Immigration are here to serve the expat community. Has it occurred to anyone here just why there are daily multiple reports of Imm making life more difficult for us? Is it a mere coincidence? Are you fresh off the boat? blink.png

Rgrds, Smokeless.