Plodprasob says Pheu Thai will not join charter writing process

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is also another way of looking at this, and that is they are shooting themselves in the collective PTP foot. If they participate but their suggestions ignored or over-ridden, when it comes to the next elections they can at least argue to their support base that they were involved in the charter drafting process (with the enemy) but all their suggestions were knocked aside. By not participating and claiming that it is because they were removed from power by coup rather than elections, they are not serving their supporters.

There are probably numerous other arguments, but I personally believe that to not participate is more damaging to them.

And to those who are saying sod them, they screwed the country and as a result should have no say in the charter, you too are misguided. No matter how much damage they created, and there is no denying it, they are a political player with a true support base and therefore should play a role, no matter how distatseful to the PTP haters.

• Like 1

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited. They stated a few times before that they would not cooperate and not obstruct and adapt a 'wait-and-so' stance for the time till reforms and charter activities got more form.

Somehow it seems they are now annoyed taken by their word that they wouldn't cooperate. " 'not invited', tjeez did the NRC, CDC, whoever think we really meant it?"

As I wrote before, an overwhelming response could have had positive influences.

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you?"

With thanks to Monty Python

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited.

Despite your attempt to portray a political parties decision not to take part in any type of charter writing process which has come about as the result of a coup that removed democracy from Thailand, as some sort of petulance, it is more likely that the clarification of the PTP's position was due to this erroneous report

The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) says it welcomes opinions from all sectors, and various political parties have already accepted its invitation to discuss the charter drafting.

The CDC is scheduled to hold discussions with those parties on the following dates: November 17th with the Pheu Thai Party,.........................

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776208-several-political-parties-accept-to-participate-in-the-thai-charter-drafting-discussion/#entry8664800

Ah, thanks. I missed that one, been a bit busy lately.

So, Pheu Thai only got a phone call to ask them to join, but no formal invitation.

The "pointed out that the party could not send an official representative to meet the CDC but could, at best, offer some general views" in the OP is still a bit confusing then. Its not explicitly stated why they couldn't send an official representative. That may be related to the 'formal' stance of the party on not participating of course.

If they send an "official" representative to meet the CDC they would be endorsing the process, hence no show.

• Like 1

This is the same guy as the flood guy - the water management guy? The same guy who was accused by the criminal court of signing an illegal order to ship 100 Bengal tigers to China in 2002? Wow, he is still in a position of power and influence in Thailand. Amazing.

Power and influence? You must be mistaking him with a certain ex-General, and no, I'm not referring to the junta leader.

There is also another way of looking at this, and that is they are shooting themselves in the collective PTP foot. If they participate but their suggestions ignored or over-ridden, when it comes to the next elections they can at least argue to their support base that they were involved in the charter drafting process (with the enemy) but all their suggestions were knocked aside. By not participating and claiming that it is because they were removed from power by coup rather than elections, they are not serving their supporters.

There are probably numerous other arguments, but I personally believe that to not participate is more damaging to them.

And to those who are saying sod them, they screwed the country and as a result should have no say in the charter, you too are misguided. No matter how much damage they created, and there is no denying it, they are a political player with a true support base and therefore should play a role, no matter how distatseful to the PTP haters.

If they indeed still have a support base then it is those supporters that they are screwing by not allowing them input.

If they had the people at heart then they would be asking those who support them what they wanted. But its never been like that, its always been about what those at the top want and what they have to give out to their supporters to be able to get it.

I am sure there those in the PT heartland who would want better education for their kids, better health care, energy security, a fair judicial system where the rich could not get away scot free while the poor are jailed.

But the only thought would appear to be for their own rich elite who may end up banned from politics, held accountable for the laws they have broken, be jailed, or even, god forbid, have their wealth confiscated.

"If they had the people at heart then they would be asking those who support them what they wanted."

How will they do that when there is a ban an political gatherings of five or more people?

Just as well they dont go! The PTP and UDD idea about democracy are only self centered and have nothing to do with real democracy.

The only problem is that once the martial law is ended they will return screaming injustice and that it was the Armies fault they didnt get to make any input.

Or, they will just find sneaky ways to amend whatever laws and rules to benefit themselves.

"The PTP and UDD idea about democracy are only selfcentered and have nothing to do with real democracy"

Have to agree, the idea of 1person/1vote is the most perverted idea the scamming reds have ever come up with!! Have even started to spread to Western countries!! Time to put a stop to the disease!!

You've not been here long, so try a little research. Thaksin governments are all elected, then break laws, avoid facts, transparency and accountability, get caught, lie and eventually go one step too far and get removed. Nothing to do with how democracy works in Western countries which usually have good judicial procedures, law enforcement and public accountability in place.

Plods, and his Shin party's idea of democracy is - 'you vote us in, we do what we want. We will tell you anything we like, you must not challenge what we say". A bit like Zimbabwe and Cambodia, whose leaders are friends with the criminal fugitive that headed the previous regime.

Plod demonstrated this by trying to implement projects without complying with the legal requirements for public hearings, EIA's and went on to call those who protested garbage and have them thrown in jail. He fits in well with the PTP idea of democracy, as practiced by the Shins and the likes of Chalerm.

UDD are controlled by a group of self appointed leaders. 3 are connected with the 2010 insurgency violence and arson and 2 are ex-Communists. All have become very rich, one might say unusually so, funnily enough.

Anyone who thinks the Shins have the slightest interest in anything other than self enrichment and fueling their massive egos is either kidding themselves, very naive or working for them.

Isn't that what i said and all the other commenters in my post said? They are self centered?

Duhh!!

This is the same guy as the flood guy - the water management guy? The same guy who was accused by the criminal court of signing an illegal order to ship 100 Bengal tigers to China in 2002? Wow, he is still in a position of power and influence in Thailand. Amazing.

Power and influence? You must be mistaking him with a certain ex-General, and no, I'm not referring to the junta leader.

This gentleman is very very wealthy. Something normally associated with power and influence in Thailand.

Wonder if he still has his whistle for protection?

Just as well they dont go! The PTP and UDD idea about democracy are only self centered and have nothing to do with real democracy.

The only problem is that once the martial law is ended they will return screaming injustice and that it was the Armies fault they didnt get to make any input.

Or, they will just find sneaky ways to amend whatever laws and rules to benefit themselves.

"The PTP and UDD idea about democracy are only selfcentered and have nothing to do with real democracy"

Have to agree, the idea of 1person/1vote is the most perverted idea the scamming reds have ever come up with!! Have even started to spread to Western countries!! Time to put a stop to the disease!!

You've not been here long, so try a little research. Thaksin governments are all elected, then break laws, avoid facts, transparency and accountability, get caught, lie and eventually go one step too far and get removed. Nothing to do with how democracy works in Western countries which usually have good judicial procedures, law enforcement and public accountability in place.

Plods, and his Shin party's idea of democracy is - 'you vote us in, we do what we want. We will tell you anything we like, you must not challenge what we say". A bit like Zimbabwe and Cambodia, whose leaders are friends with the criminal fugitive that headed the previous regime.

Plod demonstrated this by trying to implement projects without complying with the legal requirements for public hearings, EIA's and went on to call those who protested garbage and have them thrown in jail. He fits in well with the PTP idea of democracy, as practiced by the Shins and the likes of Chalerm.

UDD are controlled by a group of self appointed leaders. 3 are connected with the 2010 insurgency violence and arson and 2 are ex-Communists. All have become very rich, one might say unusually so, funnily enough.

Anyone who thinks the Shins have the slightest interest in anything other than self enrichment and fueling their massive egos is either kidding themselves, very naive or working for them.

Isn't that what i said and all the other commenters in my post said? They are self centered?

Duhh!!

Yes, which is why I agreed with you, in response to JOC taking the p@ss with a sarcastic response to your post. Read his post again slowly. If you still think he is agreeing with you, well, er, have a nice day now!

Ah Plodprasob is upset so he is not going to play with us any more..
The quote below is dedicated to Plod and his cronies and supporters.
It's my ball and my bat. If I can't win I'm not playing I want to be in control of the situation and if I can't then no one is going to be allowed to be happy about the outcome.
The expression comes from the playground where one kid, the one who owns the soccer ball or basket ball, doesn't get his way in the game. If he doesn't get his way then he gets mad and punishes those who are unwilling to accept his mandate. He does this my taking his ball and going home thus ending the game and any fun the participants were having.
The expression "I'm going to take my ball and go home" when directed at an individual is used to illustrate the individual's immaturity when that person can't get his way and no longer wants to be a participant in the conversation or a contributor to solving a problem.
Billy: "Its my solution or this meeting is over and I'm out of here. You guys will just have to work this weekend without me to fix the problem."

Suzie: "Billy sounds like a little brat who says: I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Edited by siampolee

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited. They stated a few times before that they would not cooperate and not obstruct and adapt a 'wait-and-so' stance for the time till reforms and charter activities got more form.

Somehow it seems they are now annoyed taken by their word that they wouldn't cooperate. " 'not invited', tjeez did the NRC, CDC, whoever think we really meant it?"

If they send an "official" representative to meet the CDC they would be endorsing the process, hence no show.

Or maybe they're simply not interested in any reforms unless they can decide all on their own what they are.

If they indeed still have a support base then it is those supporters that they are screwing by not allowing them input.

If they had the people at heart then they would be asking those who support them what they wanted. But its never been like that, its always been about what those at the top want and what they have to give out to their supporters to be able to get it.

I am sure there those in the PT heartland who would want better education for their kids, better health care, energy security, a fair judicial system where the rich could not get away scot free while the poor are jailed.

But the only thought would appear to be for their own rich elite who may end up banned from politics, held accountable for the laws they have broken, be jailed, or even, god forbid, have their wealth confiscated.

"If they had the people at heart then they would be asking those who support them what they wanted."

How will they do that when there is a ban an political gatherings of five or more people?

Possibly their ex Mp's could just go round and talk to people without actually holding political meetings, you know communicate.

But that's probably to much to ask from those who are no longer being paid, as was reported in the BKK post, when the ex PT MP's were complaining their payments from the party had stopped when they were no longer MP's.

Then maybe write a little report (list) and send it in to whoever is designated to be the spokesman. But then they said they wouldn't take part so obviously no one in charge.

Or there are new modern ways to communicate like phones, internet.

It would seem that the Pheu Thai party is really peeved at not being invited.

Despite your attempt to portray a political parties decision not to take part in any type of charter writing process which has come about as the result of a coup that removed democracy from Thailand, as some sort of petulance, it is more likely that the clarification of the PTP's position was due to this erroneous report

The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) says it welcomes opinions from all sectors, and various political parties have already accepted its invitation to discuss the charter drafting.

The CDC is scheduled to hold discussions with those parties on the following dates: November 17th with the Pheu Thai Party,.........................

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776208-several-political-parties-accept-to-participate-in-the-thai-charter-drafting-discussion/#entry8664800

Pips, all your posts are "erroneous reports", but we just ignore them ! biggrin.png

• Like 1

They will not take part,but will wait until they are back in power again,

then make changes that suit them.

regards Worgeordie

Isn't that exactly what the coup-makers are doing now??coffee1.gif
Yes. But in this case none of the people involved actually received an electoral mandate. Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

Yep, the same guy who thought raging urban flood waters could be controlled by boat propellers.

He's also the same guy who helped to destroy the very limited gene bank for tigers by supporting incestuous breeding at a tiger farm that sold the inbred tigers to China for human consumption.

How does he remain in the limelight and power brokering?

Money.

Plodprasop is richest Cabinet Minister
  • Like 1

I'm sure they would, but with present circumstances pertaining and bearing in mind the expected outcome of these "reforms", that would likely necessitate them emigrating................................coffee1.gif

Possibly their ex Mp's could just go round and talk to people without actually holding political meetings, you know communicate.

But that's probably to much to ask from those who are no longer being paid, as was reported in the BKK post, when the ex PT MP's were complaining their payments from the party had stopped when they were no longer MP's.

Then maybe write a little report (list) and send it in to whoever is designated to be the spokesman. But then they said they wouldn't take part so obviously no one in charge.

So everyone who considers himself/herself a leader goes in their own direction, comes up with their own take on what the people want, and volunteers to be the party representative on junta committees.

That's a good plan for fragmenting the party, it's a lousy plan for getting a consensus view on how the party should participate in the junta and what its inputs should be. Is it any wonder the party doesn't want to play by junta rules?

Until the junta lifts its ban on political gatherings it won't get meaningful political input. But I suspect that's what it wants, or doesn't want.

Expats opining on Thailand's domestic affairs = soi dogs awakened from their fitful so slumber by dust-men starting morning rounds.

We live here. Some of us for many many years. And whilst we have no vote, we do have opinions on the way things are run in our adopted country which do, even inadvertently impact on our lives, and this forum gives us a platform to do just that. Now. Have you anything to say regards the topic or are you just kvetching?huh.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm sure they would, but with present circumstances pertaining and bearing in mind the expected outcome of these "reforms", that would likely necessitate them emigrating................................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

What rubbish, just your wild posturing to cause division, but that's what I'd expect from you.

• Like 1

He said that the party had not been officially invited by the Constitution Drafting Committee to present its input for the new charter apart from a telephone call to join the meeting with the CDC.

He wants a strippergram to make it authentic?

Ah, thanks. I missed that one, been a bit busy lately.

So, Pheu Thai only got a phone call to ask them to join, but no formal invitation.

The "pointed out that the party could not send an official representative to meet the CDC but could, at best, offer some general views" in the OP is still a bit confusing then. Its not explicitly stated why they couldn't send an official representative. That may be related to the 'formal' stance of the party on not participating of course.

What a very shop steward, has been, trade union official response that was.

• Like 2

I guess one needs to limit the number of votes or else the millionaires will run out of cash...

So everyone who considers himself/herself a leader goes in their own direction, comes up with their own take on what the people want, and volunteers to be the party representative on junta committees.

That's a good plan for fragmenting the party, it's a lousy plan for getting a consensus view on how the party should participate in the junta and what its inputs should be. Is it any wonder the party doesn't want to play by junta rules?

Until the junta lifts its ban on political gatherings it won't get meaningful political input. But I suspect that's what it wants, or doesn't want.

How did you manage to twist my post into that ?.

It would seem that other parties have managed to appoint someone to speak for them in spite of restrictions, they are in there being heard and representing their voters.

But you are probably right, in that if PT don't have a meeting then their great thinker cant Skype in and tell them what to do.

• Like 1

He said that the party had not been officially invited by the Constitution Drafting Committee to present its input for the new charter apart from a telephone call to join the meeting with the CDC.

He wants a strippergram to make it authentic?

No mate they need everything by Skype, they must have a meeting to receive it and it must come as an order from their great thinker.

• Like 1